• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint Games working hard on next game: Reveal coming “when the time is right”

Writer is one of the definitions for that word. The other one is 'An author is the person who originated or gave existence to anything and whose authorship determines responsibility for what was created.' according to wikipedia, or "one that originates or creates something" according to dictionaries.

So the the authors of a game/remake/port are their creators, the devs.
not according to wikipedia. according to frank n. magill, & quoted by wikipedia:

Magill, Frank N. (1974). Cyclopedia of World Authors. Vol. I, II, III (revised ed.). Inglewood Cliffs, New Jersey: Salem Press. pp. 1–1973. [A compilation of the bibliographies and short biographies of notable authors up to 1974.]

anyway, of course you, & eshwar vijay, & frank magill, are all free to use the word 'author' to mean 'anyone who creates anything'. have fun. me? not so much. just too old school, i guess...

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Omg, bluepoint is working on a new game....who would thought that a video game developer works on a new video game which will be announced when is ready to be announced.. That's so unexpected. Glad we have Neogaf to bring this to our attention.
Yeah GAF is filled with so much non-news. Plus whenever we get leaks these days it's always something negative like XYZ is cancelled or ABC is delayed. I'm honestly just about ready for the next round of obviously fake (but good try) next-gen console renders.

Varteras

Gold Member
Whatever it is will almost certainly look gorgeous. What will be interesting is seeing what they manage to come up with since it sounds like this is some kind of original project.

yurinka

not according to wikipedia. according to frank n. magill, & quoted by wikipedia:
The first quote I posted was from wikipedia.

The other quote from dictionaries I mentioned was from Cambridge dictionary and Merriam-Webster:
image.png

image.png

Mr Hyde

Fuck Sony for abandoning such an amazing art

Totally agree. The fact that they are not even commenting on it despite being probably the most requested remaster of all time is insulting. They could've at least acknowledge it like "hey, we hear you loud and clear. We don't have anything to share at the moment, but as soon as we have we'll let you know." Or just shoot it down completely so we can move on.

Last edited:
I'm hoping it's a new IP rather than another remake.

They are phenomenal coders and artists, but still inexperienced as a group, and relatively on the smaller side for them to dive into making an original IP. I think such an opportunity will be granted to them after the current project(s) they are tackling have come to fruition.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
That may be a ways away.
I'm thinking 2025. 5 years for the sequel are ample. Late 2024 would surprise me, but it's still possible because they have the groundwork.

They can show us a teaser in 2023 if they follow the old marketing routine that God of War, Spider-Man, The Last of Us, and Ghost of Tsushima followed.

e.g., Spider-Man reveal in 2016, gameplay in 2017, release in 2018. Ghost of Tsushima 2 reveal in 2023, gameplay in 2024, release in 2025. Unlikely though. But possible.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
UE is more versatile than past engines. And it has allowed for more ideas to bloom. Because, I don't know if you noticed, but nowadays games are a lot bigger and more detailed.

If we were still dealing with new engines from scratch, we would only get a handful of big games every generation.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
This studio is practically annoying. They’ve been teasing fan-requested projects for years and inevitably some of them won’t happen. Just tell us lol.

Top Bottom