• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint's The making of Demon's Souls Documentary coming in July

S0ULZB0URNE

Bluepoint’s Demon’s Souls Remake is undoubtedly one of the most impressive titles we have seen on PS5 so far and we are about to learn a whole lot more about the development of the game thanks to a NoClip documentary set to release in July.

NoClip is known for developing some of the best documentaries about games and we have no doubt this Demon’s Souls one won’t be yet another home run. You can watch the teaser below:

"We loved Demon’s Souls when it released back in November giving it a perfect score."

Codes 208

I’ll have to watch this when it releases. I know there’s a interview video between bluepoint and DF which had a LOT of good deets.

I just hope if we ever get a bloodborne remaster it gets even just half the love and dedication this remake got.

BabyYoda

Banned
Wonder if they'll admit it was a PS4 lead project for most of it's development? On that subject, I'm curious if they'll ever release the PS4 version, I know it exists ;)

HYDE

Banned
I wish we would have gotten an official guide. It would look so nice next to the other 4 games that matter: Dark Souls 1, Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne, and Sekiro. :)

TexMex

I think Danny is a schmuck but their docs usually are admittedly pretty good and I loved the game so I’ll give this a watch.

Reactions: MrS

NeptuneCL

I am with you BUT am not sure if BP alone could do it justice....
It would be nice if Sony reached out to From's B team to help to add the 6th archstone(land of the giants)
Yeah, maybe, but they could have had the help from FS and do that, maybe some illustrations or "blueprints". Not just a graphical update is what I ask for a remake (like REmake for Gamecube). You know what I mean.

mejin

You honestly believe this is a better remake than the RE1 Remake which was a huge leap in visuals and added a ton of new stuff like the crimson heads.

You have your answer. Capcom didn't just remake the game.

As a remake BP did an awesome job, but it is just a remake.

In REmake, Capcom reimagined some shit which was amazing as well.

EDMIX

Are people really giving them credit for '' making Demon's Souls ''?

They remastered it...
Just seems a bit disrespectful to the original devs to me.

? who is saying they invented the game and made the orginal or anything like that? You are not even replying to something that did, so why did you make up a fake argument?

This is also not a remaster.

This is a REMAKE....

EDMIX

Yes. Capcom remade RE1 in house, it wasn't a outsourced thing and imho they wrote the book on remakes. Demon Souls is still a masterful remake and I don't feel needs new content for someone to feel its the best remake ever made or something.

I think Capcom did a great job on that 2002 remake, to the point if that version being the default version I play of the first game and I love the original, but the remake MURDERS IT lol How ever, that doesn't mean in order for someone to feel the best remake ever, NEEDS to have all the stuff RE1 2002 had, the original Resident Evil was bare bones enough, that anything added was a huge step up.

Can EA purposely release a game with barely any content, then 10 years later remake it with load of content that should have been added in the game when it was first done and get that honor of best remake?

Are we judging quality of the remake or are we nit picking over add ons? I feel RE 2002 needed a lot of those extras and was a great remake, however I do not feel in order for someone to feel a remake is the best ever made, it needs those types of extras. You can have a great remake, that simply is just a remake in a new engine. That is hard enough btw. This isn't a easy copy and paste type thing as we've seen our fair share of fucking horror shows of ports, remasters, remakes etc.

ZehDon

Who did the REmake for Capcom? That didn't add new stuff anyway.
... REmake, originally released for the Gamecube and later released for PS4, Xbone, and PC, was virtually a new game with the amount of changes and additions made to it. Is this the game you're talking about?

S0ULZB0URNE

... REmake, originally released for the Gamecube and later released for PS4, Xbone, and PC, was virtually a new game with the amount of changes and additions made to it. Is this the game you're talking about?
This is what version I was talking about and why I asked if it was Part 1.

ZehDon

This is what version I was talking about and why I asked if it was Part 1.

Ok. So, we are talking about the same game. You're saying above: "That didn't add new stuff anyway". This particular remake actually changes and adds an enormous amount of stuff. Considering how much was altered, it's incredible that Capcom managed to keep the feeling as close to the original as they did - and that's actually one of the key reasons its regarded as the best remake of all time. To get more on-topic, the biggest complain I've seen about the PS5's Demon's Souls is that is changed and added basically nothing - even balance bugs from the original are still present. It just updated the graphics.

NeptuneCL

Ok. So, we are talking about the same game. You're saying above: "That didn't add new stuff anyway". This particular remake actually changes and adds an enormous amount of stuff. Considering how much was altered, it's incredible that Capcom managed to keep the feeling as close to the original as they did - and that's actually one of the key reasons its regarded as the best remake of all time. To get more on-topic, the biggest complain I've seen about the PS5's Demon's Souls is that is changed and added basically nothing - even balance bugs from the original are still present. It just updated the graphics.
Capcom with REmake defined the concept "remake"...., Demon´s Souls for PS5 is the same game (and one very good indeed), but with updated graphics, nothing more. Is nicer, but the same game, nothing new actually.

Melchiah

You have your answer. Capcom didn't just remake the game.

As a remake BP did an awesome job, but it is just a remake.

In REmake, Capcom reimagined some shit which was amazing as well.

I wish Capcom had made a remake instead, as it would have been better than what they did.

Top Bottom