• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bob Saget passes away

Kenpachii

God dam i always watched his funny video's and full house.

Why can the time just not freeze, why do we have to get old and die it sucks man.

goddammit,
rCZQa87.png
RIP
"No. Can't say I have."
"Yea, I didn't think so."
"Boo this man."

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Well that truly sucks.

I know he's had an active life on Youtube and still touring. Also his Norm tribute was the best one.

So sad.

Pretty sad. My brother and I used to joke as kids about how corny he was on America's Funniest Home Videos and Full House, but now that he's a part of your childhood it's a good memory.

And it turned out Saget had a sense of humour about being that guy. It's not his fault he was just really good at being the All-American dad.

ymoc

Damn RiP.
I haven't seen him in forever. Like Full house days. One thing that really shocked me is how deeper his voice got. Like, I would never recognize him.
Goodspeed Bob.

Ownage

no cause of death is known but it sounds like either heart attack or stroke given that he tweetet a selfie only a few hours before that and had a show that night. so there are only a few causes that could be it imo

fucking sad either way
Hypertension is very real. It's a major, major silent killer.

gow3isben

Drugs, suicide, or heart attack?

Maybe it was pulmonary embolism as he recently had Covid and that can cause development of clots.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

bit of new info here

i havent watched the whole thing so im not sure if theres any useful/new info. Shawn (guy in the video) is host of an olrando radio talk show. i listen to him weekly and i know hes a very thorough guy so i trust his report, plus he has connections to orange county police dept, being a news figure in orlando. theres also a 911 call in here that im not sure i want to listen to. but anyway here it is...

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
bit of new info here

i havent watched the whole thing so im not sure if theres any useful/new info. Shawn (guy in the video) is host of an olrando radio talk show. i listen to him weekly and i know hes a very thorough guy so i trust his report, plus he has connections to orange county police dept, being a news figure in orlando. theres also a 911 call in here that im not sure i want to listen to. but anyway here it is...

911 call wasn't bad, it's just a manager at the hotel saying his staff found someone unresponsive

Thaedolus

At 65 he could’ve had any number of unforeseen incidents where, if you’re alone, could take you out. Stroke, heart attack, etc.
Especially if he was just getting over COVID, throw a clot of the right size at the wrong time and you’re donezo.

Full house was essentially the white version of the cosby show in the 90s

I grew up watching it and my kids started to watch it after seeing the reboot on Netflix….it’s just a great tune out and enjoy the perfect family show

Rip

ManaByte

Saget’s on-screen “Full House” children Jodie Sweetin, Candace Cameron Bure and Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen were all in attendance, and John Stamos and Dave Coulier served as pallbearers during the ceremony.

For a second I was wondering where Aunt Becky was, then I remembered

butters stotch jail GIF by South Park

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
What a way to go. Poor guy.

That is really depressing. By the sounds of the report it could have been something as simple as slipping in the shower or something. It hurts like shit, but you shake it off and go to bed. Then it kills you.

Fuck.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I do remember hearing people say about brain injuries not to go to sleep. Is that because there's something about the act of sleep that in conjunction with the trauma can cause death or is it because when you're sleeping you can't feel your brain swell or what have you and it kills you?

HoodWinked

I do remember hearing people say about brain injuries not to go to sleep. Is that because there's something about the act of sleep that in conjunction with the trauma can cause death or is it because when you're sleeping you can't feel your brain swell or what have you and it kills you?
i can only think that if you lay down it makes it easier for blood to pool in the back of the head vs standing or sitting upright which gravity would help alleviate the pressure.

i remember in some brain injuries they will induce people into comas to help with brain swelling.

Top Bottom