• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bokeh Game Studio concept artist Miki Takahashi discusses her role

Kdad

'Enemies are not simply terrifying, strong, or disgusting. They have a part of sorrow linked to them, a more laughable part too.'

Bokeh Game Studio, the studio founded by Silent Hill, SIREN, and Gravity Rush creator Keiichiro Toyama, has published a 10-minute “Focus” video introducing concept artist Miki Takahashi.

In the video, Mika Takahashi—one of the core members of Bokeh Game Studio, who designed corpses and Yamibito for the SIREN series—discusses how she became an artist and the art concept of Bokeh Game Studio’s new title.

English subtitles available

Last edited:

kyoji

Looking forward to see what they cook up, hopefully they can take advantage of ps5 and the dualsense. This along with the rumored kojima horror project will be day 1’s.

MrJTeera

The Shibito/Yamibito are still the most unnerving enemies I’ve ever encountered in videogame. How they’re so human-like, carry on doing house chores as if everything’s still normal, but quickly change gears as soon as they see you.

images
The way they evolve is also very interesting, retaining their mortal shell, but with abominations spurting out from them, like some kinda beanstalk.
images

I’ll support Bokeh Games, just so they can eventually make Siren 4 lol. Or maybe Gravity Rush 3.

Keihart

Pretty fucking hype honestly.

They are definitely going back into a horror themed game. In the Harada's bar interview with Toyama, he mentions that the whole team at Bokeh is people that was part of his team so they kind of landed running as a team.
They are also being funded by Tencent, so they seem to be financially secure for now.

The presentation is a bit much. No doubt they'll make something incredible, but these Toco Toco/Archipel videographers are getting a bit too dramatic and pretentious in recent years.

WitchHunter

'Enemies are not simply terrifying, strong, or disgusting. They have a part of sorrow linked to them, a more laughable part too.'

Bokeh Game Studio, the studio founded by Silent Hill, SIREN, and Gravity Rush creator Keiichiro Toyama, has published a 10-minute “Focus” video introducing concept artist Miki Takahashi.

In the video, Mika Takahashi—one of the core members of Bokeh Game Studio, who designed corpses and Yamibito for the SIREN series—discusses how she became an artist and the art concept of Bokeh Game Studio’s new title.

English subtitles available

I can't wait to see something new on horror front. I mean Alone in the dark was AOK, there were a few ok titles since then, the rest was bullshit.

Top Bottom