• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 3 available for free on EGS

Draugoth

Gold Member
FTISHoXVUAQP7OL

Borderlands 3 replaces Prey, Jotun: Valhalla Edition and Redout: Enhanced Edition, which were free to download from May 12-19.

Last edited:

AX8

Banned
Cool loved 2 but heard some things about 3 so didn't bite on release, should be fun with my friends

Kadve

Does 3 have a loyality bonus like 2 (ie, have a save file from the other game and you will get a bonus)? Worried it might not register on the EGS if you own the others on steam.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I didn't really enjoy BL3 as much a 2. It just felt less genuine to me than 2 did. Not a bad game IF you have buddies to play with, but not one to really play by yourself. Can't beat the price though, so it's def. worth at least adding to your library.

MiguelItUp

Never really heard anything good about this, but hey, it's free. Kind of like how I feel about majority of the free games on EGS. But every once and awhile there's some goodies.

The run and around and shoot things mechanics of B3 is probly more 'refined' than B2. So the gameplay is better.
The only downside is the Humor is more irritating than amusing.

Daytonabot

Banned
There is no easier pass than the combination of Randy Pitchford and Tim Sweeney. "If the product is free, then you're the product."

Sgt.Asher

I got this and that Obsidians "new vegas in space" (can't remener the name) when i bought my cpu. Neither are worth any time.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
If you never played Borderlands 2(or any other BL game before?), it could be fun I guess. I played it for a few hours in a free weekend but bored quickly. Same old same old. But I can't resist this price:messenger_smiling_horns:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Yeah I'm getting this one. Some frens are really into LAN partying lately so this might be a cool addition to our collection.

Will probably mute the voices tho, heard the writting in this one is really bad.

Last edited:

Esca

The villains really ruined a lot. Especially when the last one was handsome Jake and he was great imo.
The game itself is decent. I didn't get any of the dlc cause I dropped the game quick after beating it. I heard the dlc is good and worth it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
New sale coupon seems alright. 25% means it's more than $10 on games that cost more than $40.

You can also combine smaller games in the same cart to get the discount.

Banned
runs pretty ok... if the build-in benchmark is to be believed...

but it reminds me why I love DLSS lol, none of the game's Antialiasing solutions look even half decent.
TAA has ridiculously obvious artifacting and FXAA looks like a flickering mess...

leaves us with super sampling... I haven't tried DLDSR on it, but at 150% scaling I can't hold a solid 60fps anymore on my 3060ti

every game needs DLSS, it's simply the best AA out there for modern games, it's basically TAA with less obvious artifacting and as a nice little bonus it also boosts performance of course lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom