• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 3 |OT| Vault Hunter, Welcome Back To The Borderlands

FMXVII

I'm leveling her up these days (did all the rest; two Amaras even) and yeah, she's a blast. Which build are you running?

I lack a low level Stop Gap, so I'm running a Recurring Lit Hex with a Transformer and Deathless, as a Bloodletter.

Basically maxed Vampyr, Means of Destruction, etc. but I am going full tilt into Phalanx Doctrine with +8 and laughing at the insane 115,000+ shield buff as I run 'n gun... mob 'n lob?

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I'm leveling her up these days (did all the rest; two Amaras even) and yeah, she's a blast. Which build are you running?
I know you weren’t asking me, but I ran her all the way down on endless mags and almost all the way down on demolition woman. She never stops moving and shooting. I only use grenades or the flakker as get out of jail free cards or heavy opponents to killing machines.

It seems more fun to me then running straight demolition or bloodletter. As far as I can tell there aren’t any people using her like I am.

Duallusion

Sounds great, guys. It seems she has a number of highly capable builds and all of them fun. Can't wait to experiment with her when I reach 50.

Kagey K

Banned
Sounds great, guys. It seems she has a number of highly capable builds and all of them fun. Can't wait to experiment with her when I reach 50.
I felt bored with her up until lvl 20 or so. She had me questioning if I still liked Borderlands, and all of the sudden she clicked.

Duallusion

I felt bored with her up until lvl 20 or so. She had me questioning if I still liked Borderlands, and all of the sudden she clicked.

I've reached the end of Bottomless Mag tree, found a nice purple Vladof double-barreled assault rifle and voila, promptly fell in love with her. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I've reached the end of Bottomles Mag tree, found a nice purple Vladof double-barreled assault rifle and voila, promptly fell in love with her. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:
Everybody is sleeping on the endless mag trip. Getting a high power SmG or Assault that you can fire basically forever feels so good.

TacosNSalsa

Moze is great and I'm glad I chose her as a main, only problem I have with her that even at fully spec Iron Bear doesn't scale right. At Mayhem 3 in TVHM you are considerably stronger and tanky than the tank. I hope they buff it a bit I really want to use it more often

Desudzer10

I got two of the deathless mods with front loader shield over the weekend on Amara and I'm like (welp guess I'm a moze player now)

On another note we need more damn storage. Mule's aren't very practical since it takes nearly 90 minutes for a new toon to get to sanctuary.
That's like my only gripe. Way too many guns i want to keep. I know some aren't that great, but i still like to keep legendaries.

I think I'm just gonna stick with Amara at 50 and Moze once I get her there. Fl4k looks super fun but I just don't know if I have the resolve to go through the campaign a 5th or 6th time.

That's like my only gripe. Way too many guns i want to keep. I know some aren't that great, but i still like to keep legendaries.

Don't forget to use your wall mounts in the room at sanctuary. That's an extra free 7 slots.

FMXVII

I finally [bothered to] clear TVHM with my Moze (was running iij ng NVHM M3 for a long time, because of the 10 hours of unskippable dialogue and cutscenes), and I gotta say l, upon starting a new TVHM M3 game, it was even easier than before.

But I am getting less Legendary drops, in TVHM M3 than I was in Normal.

...they can't have installed a patch without my permission if I unplugged, AND un checked the WiFi box, can they?

Conspiracy, I realize, but damned if the drops haven't dropped off.

FMXVII

What nonsense

Gearbox cannot un-say that Moze's entire Infinite Grenade Tree "was a bug".

They're full of shite.

FMXVII

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLMMFAO

Oh, my god... I just can't.

That thread...

Evidently it IS in fact possible to suck dick whilst drinking Kool Aid.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I have finished the game and gotten 1000 gamerscore and here are my thoughts:

I loved the loot part of the game and the attention to detail when it comes to various weapon manufacturers. Vladof, Tediore, Dahl and Atlas were my favorite weapon manufacturers. I absolutely shredded everything with my Atlas pistol. I would always favor their guns. I didn't care much for COV, Jakobs and Torgue. Hyperion was fine, but never a huge preference. I did enjoy the story and the locations as well. I really don't say much in regards to what I liked, but I will say that it was a very worthy sequel.

What I didn't like:
1. The bugs and performance was absolutely dismal and probably should have been delayed to work on them. The game has been out for just over a month and it's still awful. I played the game on performance mode on my Xbox One X and this is the first game to have completely brought my system to it's knees. Frequent framerate drops, horribly sluggish menus and frequently caused my X to reset itself. I've had a game here and there cause a hard crash, but Borderlands 3 did it fairly often, especially in matchmaking.

2. The lack of characters from previous games. I get that there are a lot of characters from previous games and it would be difficult to do them justice, but it seems like Gearbox writers only think the Sirens are the characters people care about. My hope is that the characters will get bigger roles in DLC.

3. I don't know, but does anyone find the Circle of Slaughter missions all that fun? They got ridiculously cheap and difficult and time consuming.

4. Despite the fact that the game took place on several planets, the game felt much smaller than Borderlands 2. Maybe that is just me.

Overall, I give the game 7/10. I would give it an 8 - 8.5 if not for the piss poor performance and frequent crashes.

Finally got the Hellwalker shotgun out of the blue while farming road hog for the redline yesterday. I love the Doom rift that plays when you pick it up. This shotgun is dope af.

I now have to lvl Zane to make a doomguy build.

Desudzer10

Finally got the Hellwalker shotgun out of the blue while farming road hog for the redline yesterday. I love the Doom rift that plays when you pick it up. This shotgun is dope af.

I now have to lvl Zane to make a doomguy build.
I got 3 of them from Graveward within an hour. It's one of the best and most fun guns to use.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLMMFAO

Oh, my god... I just can't.

That thread...

Evidently it IS in fact possible to suck dick whilst drinking Kool Aid.
that was fucking stupid
and i feel fucking stupid for even clicking on that

Terce

Can someone clarify something for me?

When you're viewing the map in planet view and go to the challenges tab, what do the numbers mean under the different zones? I thought it would be total number of challenges but selecting it often shows much fewer so I'm thinking now that it might be total number of quests in that zone?

FMXVII

LMMFAO...

I swear, Gearbox has killed their only cash cow.

The dumb fucks literally nerfed their golden goose.

They cannot un-fuck themselves, now.

I am close to 100%ing the game, unpatched, and thus still fun, offline, but after I do, I am shelving it for good.

I ponied up for the $100 version, too.

I'll just cut my loses.

Hopefully they get slammed with a massive, billion dollar lawsuit for their extensive false advertising.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

LMMFAO...

I swear, Gearbox has killed their only cash cow.

The dumb fucks literally nerfed their golden goose.

They cannot un-fuck themselves, now.

I am close to 100%ing the game, unpatched, and thus still fun, offline, but after I do, I am shelving it for good.

I ponied up for the $100 version, too.

I'll just cut my loses.

Hopefully they get slammed with a massive, billion dollar lawsuit for their extensive false advertising.
giphy.gif

FMXVII

They blitzkrieg advertised the game with visual displays of massive LOOTSPLOSIONS, every chance they got - Legs errywhere!!!

Then they eliminated that.

They HEAVILY advertised "the fact" that Borderlands 3 would have tons of unique, distinct guns, and ways to play, demonstrating them, in point of fact, and alluded to their being hands-off such.

It's a clear case of a bait and switch.

That is litigable.

Billions of guns?

Pfffft.

More like billions served.

HD SSDD.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
They blitzkrieg advertised the game with visual displays of massive LOOTSPLOSIONS, every chance they got - Legs errywhere!!!

No. I just killed a boss in Mayhem mode and I got a massive explosion of loot.

It wasn't eliminated. It may have been changed in a way that wasn't to your liking, but eliminated? No.
They HEAVILY advertised "the fact" that Borderlands 3 would have tons of unique, distinct guns, and ways to play, demonstrating them, in point of fact, and alluded to their being hands-off such.

It does have tons of unique guns. I have many of them saved in my bank.

Again, no.

bronk

Banned
I dont know why but i played about 4 hours and just never played it again. The UI is complete and utter garbage. Menu, shops it just sucks. I loved all Borderlands content but have no desire to play this one. I guess I had fun actually playing. Maybe I'm just burned out on the formula. I wasted my money :(

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

It wasn't eliminated. It may have been changed in a way that wasn't to your liking, but eliminated? No.

Again, no.
It's to the point where I have legendarys coming out of every orifice. I don't know what to do with them all. If they increased the drop rate anymore it would start to head into Diablo territory where they are just throwing legendarys at you

FMXVII

Again, no.

1. You got a smaller explosion of whitea, greens, maybe a blue.

2. Different red text that amounts to white text of a different color. Graphics as Plain Text. Weak beer declared clean water.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
1. You got a smaller explosion of whitea, greens, maybe a blue.

2. Different red text that amounts to white text of a different color. Graphics as Plain Text. Weak beer declared clean water.
In normal mode, maybe. But in mayhem mode, I get plenty of blues, purples and the occasional orange.

joe_zazen

I dont know why but i played about 4 hours and just never played it again. The UI is complete and utter garbage. Menu, shops it just sucks. I loved all Borderlands content but have no desire to play this one. I guess I had fun actually playing. Maybe I'm just burned out on the formula. I wasted my money :(

being a silly fumbfuck, i loved bl2 + tales because of the writing. Replacing the writers with cheap-as-borscht, exploitable No-names, i knew i wouldnt enjoy this iteriation unless randy lucked out, and got actual talented no-name writers—which he did not. Saved $200, because i would have gotten ultra mega deluxe if the writers and VA had been the same.

bl3 doesnt exist in my head canon.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
no lies in the UI being fucking garbo

the game however is fun

minus the story

TacosNSalsa

Anyone in the know know if the soundtrack is being released at all?
Amazing isn't it? I haven't heard anything about it being released but it is all over Youtube and the composer , Jesper Kyd has been tweeting out some youtube channels that have the soundtrack on it and also some soundcloud up loads. So maybe they don't care if it's on youtube?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Anyone in the know know if the soundtrack is being released at all?
Amazing isn't it? I haven't heard anything about it being released but it is all over Youtube and the composer , Jesper Kyd has been tweeting out some youtube channels that have the soundtrack on it and also some soundcloud up loads. So maybe they don't care if it's on youtube?
Weird. I can't recall one single memorable track, aside from the title screen. BL2 had quite a few memorable tunes, as did BL1

As said before, I've literally had times where FIVE legendary weapons dropped from one boss kill. The world drop rate is completely subjective, but there are absolutely "lootsplosions" in this game. That's objective fact.

I think I heard recently there are about 150 legendary items in the game, and only 50 vault spaces. If anything, there are currently too many distinct guns, although that really just means there needs to be more bank space.

And yet, when one way to play or one unique gun is so much better than any other gun or way to play, and they make an adjustment to keep the balance that you claim that you want, you complain. They nerfed a gun that could literally kill a boss on the hardest difficulty in one trigger pull. Why would you expect them not to do that? And why would you expect people to use any other gun in the game if they didn't?

I'm going to need to see some proof of that one. I followed this game pretty closely, and I don't remember them saying anything about not balancing the game once it's released.

I get that it sucks when game companies can make changes to a product you own, and basically force you to go along with it or not be able to play online, but I really don't strongly disagree with anything they've done here. I'd say even for someone who wants to find the most broken setups imaginable, the positive changes they've made far outweigh any negatives.

While nerfs are a slight nuisance the thing that's really irking me right now is the stat rolls on class mods. On one roll you get +25% weapon dmg overall on top of a specific weapon dmg boost like +39% assault rifles or smg's. Yet on another class mod that's the same type like a bloodletter for instance, you will get like +18% radiation resistance and 30% Jakobs reload speed or whatever.

It's complete bullshit to have such massive boosts come down to arbitrary dice roll. Like it would be one thing if there were permanent affixes with variable rolls like +15%-+25% dmg. That's completely fine. But this is freaking ridiculous and can make or break whatever build your rolling in MH3 TVHM.

Weapons for the most part have fixed stat variables depending on the affixes (anointed gear is another story) and I have no idea why class mods don't.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.

Yeah, but I’d rather support the artist and all that crap rather than leeching it via a YouTube downloader.

Doom85

The song "Hold On" by Animal Fiction that played in that sequence with Maya kicked ass. But yeah, I'm nearing the end of the game and not really remembering the music, but this series I've never really noticed the score, just actual songs. Tales from the Borderlands had an awesome selection with "To the Top", "Pieces of the People We Love", "Busy Earning", etc.

For the twitch event this week they increased the droprate of anointed gear and it's definitely worth capitalizing on.

Been farming GW on MH3TVHM and I'm getting a significant of anointed drops. Got a 250% phasecast Hellwalker and the thing just absolutely shreds.

FMXVII

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLMMFAOOOOOOOO

Yeah.

Mayhem 2.0 - now with MORE Mayhem Levels.

So much for the fucktarded claims of the shills that "We NEEDED those nerfs, to make Mayhem harder! THIS ISN'T BL2, WITH OP LEVEL MAGNITUDES OF POWER CREEP!!!"

sure thing, chiefy Mc-chiefs.

BL3 is gonna power creep dat agenda straight up into the Chinese atmosphere.

Last edited:
I'm more upset that Gearbox only gave us two freaking days with the anointed drop rate increase. Now with the introduction of items with the terror anointed buffs it's really diluted the pool and the only anointed guns I get half the time anymore or those.

Those two days were pretty awesome though. :/

Also since this event is supposed to go until Dec.1st I might as well not even farm for a month. It's not worth it because all I'm getting is the terror anointed guns.

FMXVII

I'm more upset that Gearbox only gave us two freaking days with the anointed drop rate increase. Now with the introduction of items with the terror anointed buffs it's really diluted the pool and the only anointed guns I get half the time anymore or those.

Those two days were pretty awesome though. :/

Also since this event is supposed to go until Dec.1st I might as well not even farm for a month. It's not worth it because all I'm getting is the terror anointed guns.

If I ever take it online (provided Gearbox does a complete 180 on pretty much everything since launch), I'll let you have your pick of my mule'd loots.

I have tons, over two spare PS4 accounts, as well as my main account's handful of mules.

I love offline Moze. <3

If I ever take it online (provided Gearbox does a complete 180 on pretty much everything since launch), I'll let you have your pick of my mule'd loots.

I have tons, over two spare PS4 accounts, as well as my main account's handful of mules.

I love offline Moze. <3

I play on PC and I mostly have all the normal legendary guns I want, I got every element of the las-sploders, cutsmans, crossroads, lucian's call. The whole reason I was farming during the anointed drop rate buff was because it was an actual good event. Anointed gear was dropping like hot cakes.

I got a 300% dmg phaseslam flakker, 250% phasecast hellwalker, 130% rakk attack lucian's call. But it was only two days.

FMXVII

I play on PC and I mostly have all the normal legendary guns I want, I got every element of the las-sploders, cutsmans, crossroads, lucian's call. The whole reason I was farming during the anointed drop rate buff was because it was an actual good event. Anointed gear was dropping like hot cakes.

I got a 300% dmg phaseslam flakker, 250% phasecast hellwalker, 130% rakk attack lucian's call. But it was only two days.

Nice haul!

I think I have all of those... maybe not the Lucian's - but it is kind of moot, considering I am still Fade-Bore murdering GW in split screen, with dual loot artifacts.

Top Bottom