• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection |OT| All Jacked Up

hydruxo

banner_handsomeCollection.jpg

Launch Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIJXX_op49I
Announcement Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHbPBIpRQaA

Genre: First-person shooter, action RPG
Developer: Gearbox Software, Armature Studio, Iron Galaxy Studios
Publisher: 2K Games
Platforms: PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
Price: US $60 (standard) / US $399 (claptrap-in-a-box)
Release Date: North America - March 24, 2015 / WW - March 27, 2015

PSN / XBL: Quote to reveal NeoGAF Friends List spreadsheet!

What's included in The Handsome Collection?

• Borderlands 2
  • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  • All DLC packs for both games (shown below)

202655_detail_v2.jpg

Borderlands 2 DLC Packs:
-Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty (campaign add-on)
-Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage (campaign add-on)
-Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt (campaign add-on)
-Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep (campaign add-on)
-The Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack (level cap increase)
-Gaige the Mechromancer (playable class)
-Krieg the Psycho (playable class)
-Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge (level cap increase & challenge arena)
-Creature Slaughter Dome (challenge arena)
-T.K. Baha’s Bloody Harvest (Headhunter Pack)
-The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler (Headhunter Pack)
-How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day (Headhunter Pack)
-Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre (Headhunter Pack)
-Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax (Headhunter Pack)
-Character Customization Packs
-Collector's Edition Pack
-Commando Madness Pack
-Commando Supremacy Pack
-Commando Domination Pack
-Siren Madness Pack
-Siren Supremacy Pack
-Siren Domination Pack
-Gunzerker Madness Pack
-Gunzerker Supremacy Pack
-Gunzerker Domination Pack
-Mechromancer Madness Pack
-Mechromancer Supremacy Pack
-Mechromancer Domination Pack
-Assassin Madness Pack
-Assassin Supremacy Pack
-Assassin Domination Pack
-Mechromancer Steampunk Slayer Pack
-Gunzerker Dapper Gent Pack
-Psycho Dark Psyche Pack
-Psycho Madness Pack
-Psycho Supremacy Pack
-Psycho Domination Pack
-Siren Glitter and Gore Pack
-Commando Haggard Hunter Pack
-Assassin Stinging Blade Pack
-Mechromancer Beatmaster Pack
-Gunzerker Greasy Grunt Pack
-Psycho Party Pack
-Siren Learned Warrior Pack
-Commando Devilish Good Looks Pack
-Assassin Cl0ckw0rk Pack

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel DLC Packs:
-Handsome Jack Doppelganger Pack (playable class)
-Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack: The Holodome Onslaught (level cap increase & -challenge arena)
-Shock Drop Slaughter Pit (challenge arena)
-Aurelia the Baroness (playable class)
-Claptastic Voyage* (campaign add on)

*Claptastic Voyage DLC doesn't come bundled with the Handsome Collection, but will be a free download on March 24th if you've bought the game.

Can I use save data from last gen?
Yes, but only in the same console family. Xbox 360 saves can be imported to Xbox One, and PS3 saves (as well as Borderlands 2 on PS Vita) can be imported to PS4. Instructions on how to import saves can be found here.

What changes have been made since the last gen versions?
1080p resolution and 60 FPS, up to 4 player split-screen co-op support (30 fps)

SHiFT codes (redeemable for golden keys, skins, etc.) for PS3/Vita work on PS4, and 360 codes work on XB1.
Below are lists of currently working & expired codes:
**Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel SHiFT Codes**
**Borderlands 2 SHiFT Codes**

Gameplay & Features

•Dynamic Co-op online, split-screen and LAN: Share your adventures with friends both online and via LAN. Borderlands 2 features a seamless system enabling you to drop in and drop out of a campaign without ever having to restart the game.
•World Connected Story: You will find yourself left for dead in the frozen tundra of Pandora as you begin your quest of revenge and redemption.
•New Badass Gun System: An entirely new take on the groundbreaking procedural system means millions upon millions of possible weapons. The variety and style of guns in Borderlands 2 is staggering.
•87 Bazillion Everything: In addition to the new gun system, you will lust after procedurally generated shields, grenades, Alien Artifacts, class mods and much, much more. And you thought the original Borderlands had a ton of loot!
•Brand new environments on Pandora: Hunt through entirely brand new areas of Pandora that are more alive than ever!
•Choose from all new characters and classes including the Gunzerker, who can dual-wield any two weapons in the game
•Share your adventures with friends both online and via LAN with a seamless co-op system enabling you to drop in and drop out of a campaign without ever having to restart the game
•Improved story integration which finds you left for dead in the frozen tundra of Pandora as you begin your quest of revenge and redemption
•An entirely new take on the groundbreaking procedural system means millions upon millions of possible weapons
•In addition to the new gun system, players lust after procedurally generated shields, grenades, alien artifacts, class mods and much, much more

Screenshots

hydruxo

I didn't see anyone offering to do the OT so I figured I'd whip one up so we have somewhere to talk about the game and share PSN names / gamertags. If anybody has anything they want me to add, let me know!

ironcreed

Banned
I'll be giving this a go after I spend some quality time with Bloodborne. I have only played a few hours of Borderlands 2 and missed all the rest of the content. Hell of a package for me.

Dominator

Never played any of the games so I'm gonna start here. I'll play Bloodborne first and if (when) I get frustrated with it I'll come over to this lol

That's a lot of goddam content. I never played Borderlands 2 so I'm definitely picking this up at some point. Too bad it's releasing the same day as that Bradbird game.

I want to grab this because I've never played any BL2 DLC, or Pre-Sequel at all, but it's such a huge time investment!

Hmmm. Is there any way of getting 360 character data for BL2 over to PS4? Even weird ways like people use to do to get console characters onto PC?

Carl2291

Really looking forward to this. The value man, the value.

Gonna co-op the shit out of it with the partner.

VanWinkle

I'll definitely buy this at some point. I only got like 1/4 of the way through BL2 on PS3, and I didn't play Pre-Sequel, nor any of the DLC on either. That's A LOT of content.

bebop242

Never played any of the games so I'm gonna start here. I'll play Bloodborne first and if (when) I get frustrated with it I'll come over to this lol

my plan as well, as long as this reviews as an decent port. Played Borderlands 2 and some of its DLC and skipped over The Presequel.

Kinda surprised there is no hype at all for this.

Anyone know for sure that BL2 will share a trophy list between PS3 and PS4? I guess being able to import characters would make it so that this doesn't get a whole new list but a man can hope.

Nokterian

I am getting PS4 version also excited to play everything with all the DLC! Add me on PSN people to blow some shit up!

PSN :

Nokterian

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Just got a claptrap edition off amazon, am I nuts for spending $432 on this? I just might be...

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
I played the crap out of Borderlands 2 and its various add ons. So much fun. 100s of hours of co-op glory. Don't really want to do it all again.

Buuuuuuut... I'm tempted just for the Pre-Sequel content.

Im down to play with some fellow gaffers

Ill mostly be on the presequel because I never played it but I'm down to farm/help lvl people in BL2 I got a lvl 64 psycho..

My GT is Shotgun Guiz

ObiDin

Pre-ordered earlier on Xbox1 and looking forward to playing The Pre-Sequel at higher than the 20 or so FPS that it was on 360. Especially looking forward to playing the Doppleganger class.

Borderlands fanatic so there is no way I'm passing this up...I just hope it looks/runs a lot better than the 360. I'm sure it will, outside of the 4p couch co-op which probably murders frame rate.

LycanXIII

Did they fix that glitch in the Pirate's Booty DLC that let you
climb the "dead" Leviathan and go inside the vault?

That's a fuckton of Borderlands.

Any ideas on how much HDD space this will take up, fully installed?

My digital version is around 36.95GB, and that includes the Day One update/Claptrap DLC (8GB).

Edit: Corrected the file size

Demon Ice

Banned
Whoa, this comes out tomorrow too?? Shit. So I've got Bloodborne and this, then Witcher 3, Batman, DMC4SE....shit. Yep, glad I didn't buy the Season Pass for Destiny, no reason for me to go back to that grind with all this coming up.

Borderlands fanatic so there is no way I'm passing this up...I just hope it looks/runs a lot better than the 360. I'm sure it will, outside of the 4p couch co-op which probably murders frame rate.

There a comparison video on YouTube

It kinda looks better not by crazy amounts tho.. if you expected phyx features you will be disappointed

Fliesen

EU release is mar 27.

I'll get this, no idea yet if physical or digital.

Does it come with some sort of redeemable codes? Or is everything on-disc?

Fjordson

I'm excited to finally play Borderlands 2. I've been away from the series since I beat the first game a few months after launch.

Graphically it doesn't seem like night and day or anything. But it runs much, much better than the last gen versions (60 FPS). That + 1080p is great.

Liamc723

I've got this pre-ordered along with Bloodborne, really looking forward to the both of them!

I've never played the Pre-Sequel so at least half of this package is completely new to me.

I have it pre-loaded on XB1. Never played Pre-Sequel either, but I'm still more excited for BL2. I'll get to Pre-Sequel sometime down the road.

This is the first game that I've pre-ordered/pre-loaded digitally on xbox one. What time does it unlock?

Midnight tonight EST

Chris R

I asked this in another thread but didn't see an answer... Did they enable all classes for both games? Or is this just an upres port?

Nokterian

EU release is mar 27.

I'll get this, no idea yet if physical or digital.

Does it come with some sort of redeemable codes? Or is everything on-disc?

On a friday good my weekend starts early so when i am home i am good to go with this. Gives me sometime to play bloodborne first.

Can't wait to play the Pre Sequel after I'm finished with Bloodborne and even though I have put well over a hundred hours into it, I'll probably play Borderlands 2 again as Kreig and do everything else that didn't come with the season pass.

Top Bottom