• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boss Key Productions (Cliff Bleszinski) Were Working On A Newt-Led Alien FPS That Was Cancelled After Disney Bought Fox.

Cravis

Damn shame.

L9NI3A3.jpg

VertigoOA

Banned
Fuck Disney and everything they have their greedy fucking hands in. Boycott all that shit unless you enjoy watching everything get raped and pillaged for all its worth.

But most clueless nerd shills don’t give a shit because they want more marvel.

BASURA!

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
besides that those disney fucks cancelled the 4k UHD release of aliens.
just after we got alien of 4k uhd.

fuck that rat mascot
Really? That legit pisses me off. Aliens is one of my favorite movies ever and I'd love a 4k copy.

We're all going to wish any other company than Disney bought out Fox's catalog (if you don't feel that way already). They're doing to do jackshit with them for the most part, and the ones they DO deal with will be turned into shitty Disney + or Hulu remakes.

Last edited:

We're all going to wish any other company than Disney bought out Fox's catalog (if you don't feel that way already). They're doing to do jackshit with them for the most part, and the ones they DO deal with will be turned into shitty Disney + or Hulu remakes.

I wish fox would have sold to someone else but sold the marvel character rights back to Disney. I have no confidence Disney can manage certain IPs. But to be fair looking at the last few Aliens/Predator movies, neither could fox.

NAI1210

Didn’t newt die in cryo as a child in Alien 3?
Yep, so my I guess it would have been a sequel to aliens, he did also tweet (erase all
Canon after aliens by the way).
Which would have been totally fine be me, although I did quite like alien 3 was not a big fan of them killing of newt and hicks

Reactions: 888

sn0man

Well I don't think they would make the grown up version of newt male, even the computer is called mother in those films, 🙄

hahaha. No joke. Wouldn’t it actually be more woke to make Newt transition to male for the lead role?

I would be in trouble for being angry that they strayed from the source material and removed/changed a character’s gender with a male Newt.

Also how can anyone hate the strong female lead tradition of the early Alien movies? The movies didn’t spend time yelling at the top of their lungs about women being the best. Nor, did they have a Marvel-style girl-power moment

The last avengers movie with the all girl charge on Thanos. Eye rolling.

NAI1210

hahaha. No joke. Wouldn’t it actually be more woke to make Newt transition to male for the lead role?

I would be in trouble for being angry that they strayed from the source material and removed/changed a character’s gender with a male Newt.

Also how can anyone hate the strong female lead tradition of the early Alien movies? The movies didn’t spend time yelling at the top of their lungs about women being the best. Nor, did they have a Marvel-style girl-power moment

The last avengers movie with the all girl charge on Thanos. Eye rolling.
Of course it would be more woke,, I love alien/aliens alien 3 was also alright and doing a direct sequel to aliens would be awesome, I wouldn't want it deviate to much away from the original style, the strong women etc, it just treats women as equal.
I was originally responding to a comment making out this game would be woke.

yurinka

It's a shame, I'm pretty sure he would have made a great Alien game. I may understand that Disney decision because its budget would have been big, but at least they allowed Capcom to edit thier Alien vs Predator beat'em up again in their arcade stick console.

Xenon

Cliffs a decent guy but nothing they did at BKP leads me to believe they could have done this concept justice. Nor would I expect them to be able to considering the size of their studio.

To be honest, having to chose between Newt dying offscreen at the beginning of Alien3, or her as starring in an FPS, wrecking shit, I am not sure I don't prefer Alien3's take on her story.

Last edited:
Top Bottom