• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Both Battlefield 1 And Battlefield V Are Seeing More Players Than Battlefield 2042

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

As spotted by Emopulse, the shooter, which was first released in October 2016, has seen a massive jump in popularity, seeing its largest concurrent player count ever. It’s worth noting that the game was added to Steam in 2020.

The player count, which reached 49,732 over the past 24 hours, is around 44,000 more players than Battlefield 2042 registered in the same period.

There are likely a few reasons for this. Firstly, Battlefield 1 is currently heavily discounted, costing $4.79 / £4.19. However, even prior to Battlefield 1’s resurgence, Battlefield 2042 was only managing between 8 to 15 thousand concurrent players on Steam in recent months, according to SteamDB.

Battlefield V, the predecessor to Battlefield 2042, is also seeing more players than Battlefield 2042, despite the fact that’s not on sale. Battlefield V has seen a peak of 15,454 players compared to 2042’s 5,379.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
can't say im surprised, BF1 had a deep deep sale on steam, you can get the whole game on steam for 5 bucks now. better do it before it runs out on nov 7th too, the game is amazing. certainly better than BF2042

Chiggs

I've been playing a lot of Battlefield 1. Lots of fun. Love the time period.

Edit: Great seeing all the Battlefield 1 love in this thread. Shows me that PC GAF still has good taste.

Last edited:
I play on Xbox and have no problem finding full servers. Does the Steam number just count Steam players or just PC players or what?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Was about to get BF1 on Steam since I loved my time with it back on the PS4, but then I noticed this:

mXn9tZL.png

Guess I'll pass.

SpearFist

Awesome. BF1 is one of the best mp games ever. The sound design, the atmosphere is simply unmatched.

The guns, the kits, the maps all give a fantastic experience. What a beast of a game.

maybe because people can play the maps/modes they want how they want with the rolling servers
What, you don't like to quit to the menu after every match (yes I know about the don't quit, it will automatically put you in the same server option) and play the same map over and over again? :D

I hate what happened to Dice and my beloved BF series. :'(
I don't have any hope left for this Dice.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
It's so dumb that even putting it on other stores requires to still use Origin.
Yeah, makes no sense... unless this thing about putting a 5$ game on Steam that makes using Origin mandatory is just a scheme to make Origin userbase bigger. Which it probably is, fucking EA never changes.

i fucking hate PC DRM but honestly BF1 is one of the titles where i'd accept it.... one of my favorite FPS games ever. Honestly better than any COD
True but my man, I've already too many games to play to be bothered with giving EA any kind of support. Loved the game back on the PS4 tho, most fun I had on an MP game in recent years.

GladiusFrog

Not surprised, Battlefield 1 was the best and most battlefield game ever made. Last game of the series before the talent started fleeing the EA scourge.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I like BFV MUCH more than BF1, but still had fun with it for awhile. Tanks were broken as hell in that game.

Also I'm surprised 2042 is still maintaining an average player count of about 5k.

GenericUser

Because even mediocre battlefield games are still miles ahead and better then the trashfire that is 2042. I paid full price for that piece of utter trash and I won't forget or forgive this. I dare you, buy and play 2042 and find out for yourself why it is so bad, I FUCKING DARE YOU! the WORST multiplayer experience ever. I'm using the battlefield CD as coaster at this moment in time, as a coaster!

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
BF1 is amazing. Best shooter last gen other than maybe Titanfall 2.

BFV is boring.

BF2042 is straight up trash.

This is proof that DICE were just morons even when they had all the talent. They didnt understand what made BF1 great, and worked hard to remove everything fun from BFV.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Amazingly 2042 still isnt on EA Play. It should had been there by now. It's been a year. It's got to be coming soon.

Maybe EA is too embarassed to dump it on sub plans because it did so poorly and they are waiting for the Xmas rush to pass, then put it on EA Play in 2023.

NickFire

I gave it a second chance, and had enough fun that I encouraged others to do the same. But now that MW2 is out, I think its turned into the walking dead. Maybe one of these future updates will turn its fortunes around. Maybe they went and killed it for good trying to chase trends. Don't know, don't really care anymore.

Amazingly 2042 still isnt on EA Play. It should had been there by now. It's been a year. It's got to be coming soon.

Maybe EA is too embarassed to dump it on sub plans because it did so poorly and they are waiting for the Xmas rush to pass, then put it on EA Play in 2023.

I would have thought their time to do it was before MW2 launch to try and possibly boost numbers before that hit. I don’t know if post-Xmas is going to be any better a time for them unless they plan on releasing some big content / updates.

Last edited:

NickFire

I would have thought their time to do it was before MW2 launch to try and possibly boost numbers before that hit. I don’t know if post-Xmas is going to be any better a time for them unless they plan on releasing some big content / updates.
My guess is they don't have enough to really tempt the masses with MtX. The items available in store (and battlepass) generally suck.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I jumped back into 2042 and am having fun with it. Seems like BF1, V and 2042 are all hitting about the same number of active players these days.

I would jump back into 1 sometimes as well, but apparently it’s infested with cheaters, so deflated my interest.

Top Bottom