• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOTW or Metroid Dread?

Which is more suited to your tastes?

• BOTW

• Metroid Dread

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty-McFly

Banned
I know these are two completely different games, but which is more suited to your tastes?

It's hard for any game to go up against king BOTW, the best open world ever I believe, and one of the highest reviewed games ever. It deserves its praise, but I feel Dread is a bit underrated if anything considering I find it to be the best 2D Metroid ever. It's a lot shorter and smaller in scope but damn is it ever cool.

Anyway, two Nintendo games of the ages to go up there with Prime 1, OOT, Wave Race, Perfect Dark, Mario 64 and company.

Last edited:
2D and 3D games are kind of in different leagues. I don't see the point in comparing them, and most people haven't even had a chance to play Dread yet unless they pirated it.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
sizzling-teriyaki-squid.jpg

Sizzling Teriyaki Squid​

Marty-McFly

Banned
2D and 3D games are kind of in different leagues. I don't see the point in comparing them, and most people haven't even had a chance to play Dread yet unless they pirated it.
Not so much a head on head comparison,

more of a "which is suited to your personal tastes" type thing :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
But, you see....its innovative and nobody has done anything like it before....
Era loves to tell people that but the only difference between ubi and BOTW is that you don't find icons and checklists but the world is pretty bland and empty, you do the same stuff over and over again. Granted, it's pretty polished but it's more of the same.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
"I don't know Metroid Dread, but Breath of the Wild is no Metroid Dread."

In terms of like, value? BotW for sure. You can drop a 100 hours on that game easy, and not see everything.

If you don't know there's nothing of worth to see I can see someone putting 100+ hours into BotW looking for things to see.

Raven117

Era loves to tell people that but the only difference between ubi and BOTW is that you don't find icons and checklists but the world is pretty bland and empty, you do the same stuff over and over again. Granted, it's pretty polished but it's more of the same.
Its the best game ever made....

(it really is just AC without checklists...) It does have a great open world physics engine. That part is noteworthy.

Kataploom

Gold Member
It's more like "when are we talking about?" because some things suit me more some moments than others, depending on how I feel or what kind of feel I want to get from an experiencie

kunonabi

Hard to say. I'm a bigger fan of Metroid despite liking fewer of the entries but I absolutely despised BotW. I already know of several elements of Dread I'm not going to like but I still expect to enjoy it more than alot of the other Metroids.

Last edited:
I've been a bigger fan of Zelda since the NES days to be honest, but Metroid Dread is something special and Breath of Wild wasn't one of my faves in the Zelda series. I went with Metroid on this one cause it has everything I love about 2D Platformers and more, while Breath of the Wild had a lot going on with it's overall design I felt just got in the way of enjoying the game. Both AMAZING titles though no doubt

Last edited:

NoxNyctores

This doesn't feel like Apples vs Oranges, it feels like Apples vs Cars, they aren't even remotely close to each other to the point that any comparison is completely meaningless

Codes 208

To be completely honest i would gladly take prime over classic metroid, this will be a nice distraction and sounds like its still an amazing game but its not my preferred playstyle
This doesn't feel like Apples vs Oranges, it feels like Apples vs Cars, they aren't even remotely close to each other to the point that any comparison is completely meaningless
Also this ^^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom