• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bought a Switch OLED: Recommend Me Some Games!

Karmic Raze

I have them, they're way better than joy-cons. Only downside is no motion controls.
I wasn’t planning on using the motion controls myself, so it wouldn’t really matter to me. The Split Pad Pro does look enticing. I’m stuck between the Volcanic Red and the Sonic version releasing February 22nd. Really dig that Sonic one, but I don’t know if I can wait that long. I was hoping to get one and a case to fit it by the beginning of February. Probably going with the red, but if I can swing that Sonic one too I might get an extra set.

Also, I have another question for everybody here: Do you mostly buy your games physically or do you just get an SD Card and do the eShop thing? I went all digital on the Xbox and PlayStation last gen, but I don’t know what’s better in this instance since you have to get an SD Card. Speaking of which, if you have went all digital on the Switch, what size card did you get and about how many games do you have on it? It’s hard for me to judge things without the Switch OLED in my possession. It’s coming Tuesday, though!

Last edited:

Karmic Raze

And… Another question. Sorry for asking so many! But I heard the Switch OLED has a screen protector of sorts already installed. If I got the official carrying case and screen protector, should I even bother putting the screen protector on? I mean, wouldn’t that mess up the one already on the Switch OLED? I imagine if there was one already on it and you put another on top that when you tried to take it off that both would come off and that wouldn’t be good at all.

Last edited:

Karmic Raze

Just got my Switch OLED earlier. Tried out Breath of the Wild and the demo of Metroid Dread. Both look amazing. The OLED screen makes a huge difference when compared to the OG Switch or the Switch Lite IMO. I love it so much. Metroid Dread looks good and has my attention, but I’m not sure if I’ll get the full game or not. BOTW is amazing, though. I can’t wait to get my copy of Cruis’n Blast on Friday. I bet that is going to be so much fun.

TLZ

Banned
AAA_DxE_ENG-1200x675.jpg

Karmic Raze

Anyways… I changed my tune on Metroid Dread. I got used to the controls in the demo and I MUST have the full game. It’s awesome!

NewYork214

So gave my launch switch to brother then to his kids like 2 years ago. Was calling around for shits and giggles and my local gamestop had several white Oleds in stock. I got arceus. Wondering if any other games I might have missed out on. Maybe some that didn't get as much hype and went under the radar

Billbofet

Slay the Spire. Not because it will pop on that screen or do anything other than be the greatest portable game ever.

Ladioss

The number of Luigi Mansion 3 recommendations in this thread warms my heart.

I would just add Paper Mario - Origami King next to it.

If you have access to a PC you should definitely get MH Rise on that platform. It’s a *huge* difference in performance and graphics.

Top Bottom