• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bridgegate: Guilty on all counts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elandyll

Banned
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/04/politics/bridgegate-case-verdict-reached/index.html

The verdict also hurts Christie's political ambitions
(CNN)Two former officials linked to New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's office were found guilty on all charges Friday in connection with the closure of lanes in 2013 on the George Washington Bridge in an act of alleged political retribution, the fallout for which has come to be known as Bridgegate.

Bridget Anne Kelly, the former deputy chief of staff to Christie, and Bill Baroni, the former deputy executive director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, both faced seven counts of various charges including conspiracy, fraud, and civil rights deprivation.

Cue Christie trying to run away after the verdict only to trip, fall, and roll into Camden by accident, almost certain death

Wallach

and immediately christie is throwing these two under the bus trying to act like the reason they did these things had nothing to do with him

fucking trash human being

Elandyll

Banned
Given Christie's close ties with Trump (at least until recently, aka until Christie was personally named by the prosecutor), I'd be surprised if some would not try to describe a "corrupt" culture...

Oops, already happening...

Christie has also functioned as a high profile surrogate for Trump, and was included on a schedule of campaign stops in New Hampshire this weekend put out by the organization.
CNN has reached out to the Trump campaign for comment and not yet gotten a response.

Apparently Chritie knows he is next, as both defendants said he knew about what was happening

"As a former federal prosecutor, I have respected these proceedings and refused to comment on the daily testimony from the trial," Christie said in the statement. "I will set the record straight in the coming days regarding the lies that were told by the media and in the courtroom."

Missed opportunity to name it Bridgebridge and start the -bridge scandal naming scheme

God I hate -Gate, so uncreative

Hopefully we never have to hear from Christie politically again after this

Will this have any real blowback on Christie?

Chris-Christie.gif

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I mean, Christie's political career is over, so yes.

Well that's a given though I think that had more to do with tying himself to Trump, how he reacted to the storm damage and a variety of other things, Bridgegate included. I was more wondering if some kind of legal ramifications over all this.

Palmer_v1

Missed opportunity to name it Bridgebridge and start the -bridge scandal naming scheme

God I hate -Gate, so uncreative

Hopefully we never have to hear from Christie politically again after this

But Watergate-gate makes more sense than Watergate-bridge.

"when they go low.. we do the exact same thing"

So now going high means not calling out the hypocritical actions of the GOP like using certain language towards Dems that they would not use for themselves?

Since you would have to be dense not to believe that those two posters are mimicking the GOP in jest.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
There was something about Pence taking Trump to dinner and laying this out wasn't there? Still, imagine if Trump played up to his bullish self and ignored all that. What a beautiful timeline...

The resulting drama would probably have been popcorn-tastic, I agree.

I dunno about the dinner meeting, but looking back on it all, Trump made the right call in picking Pence, politically. Arguably, he also made the right call in firing his first two campaign managers when he did as the overall political climate evolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom