• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brie Larson latest celebrity to get blasted for promoting NFTs

plushyp

In an unfortunate move for Captain Marvel fans, Brie Larson is the latest celebrity to start shilling NFTs, and the situation is already getting ugly. Despite watching Matt Damon, Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, and the cringe-inducing pairing of Paris Hilton and Jimmy Fallon get roasted alive on social media, Larson waded into the cryptocurrency waters by announcing she changed her Twitter profile to a recently purchased NFT.
Larson’s timing couldn’t have been worse. Not even an hour earlier, former The O.C. and Gotham star Ben McKenzie fired off a viral tweet that linked to an article warning people about the dangers of listening to Hollywood celebs:

Source:

Ironically this comes after Brie Larson posted about doing better in 2022:

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Its interesting that the ones really trying to push nft’s on to the public are rich people. Celebrities and ceo’s all swearing its the next big thing, and getting frustrated that not as many fish are biting as they hoped. What do they hope to get out of this? They have so much cash as it is, also, why are nft’s catching on so important to them?

plushyp

What do they hope to get out of this? They have so much cash as it is, also, why are nft’s catching on so important to them?
Funny Money GIF

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I like Ben McKenzie, although I know him from two things but I liked his character in The OC and he was good in Gotham as Gordon.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
You, know the metaverse is going to be made by some indian kid where it is completely open and you can save images just like you can on the current internet.

These tech bros thinking they can monetrse the internet 2.0 in a greedy and dumb way are going to fail.

To explain what a platform where NFTs are a thing, imagine if the internet and all internet accessible devices did not allow the copying of owned digital media, imagine how much that would suck, thats what these NFT fucks want.

You, know the metaverse is going to be made by some indian kid where it is completely open and you can save images just like you can on the current internet.

These tech bros thinking they can monetrse the internet 2.0 in a greedy and dumb way are going to fail.

To explain what a platform where NFTs are a thing, imagine if the internet and all internet accessible devices did not allow the copying of owned digital media, imagine how much that would suck, thats what these NFT fucks want.
The cable TV of internet.

Cord cutting is nearly complete. Celebrities don't sell movies anymore. Most dont watch mainstream news. They've almost fully lost control and they're all flipping out and will try to just force it.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Its interesting that the ones really trying to push nft’s on to the public are rich people. Celebrities and ceo’s all swearing its the next big thing, and getting frustrated that not as many fish are biting as they hoped. What do they hope to get out of this? They have so much cash as it is, also, why are nft’s catching on so important to them?
Because they are hoping it will be a new revenue stream. Like when artists were all excited about guitar games and how they could be a potential new market.

dr_octagon

Banned
There is disregard for quality and tricking consumers they will be happy with the content. There is an inability to stop the shameless self promotion and greed. A desperate attempt to use technology to convince everyone that Brie is a decent human being with good acting abilities.

NFTs are awful as well.

-BLITZ-

Easy... One of the worst invent of the story of mankind.

Maybe or actually, is one of the best and most dangerous pyramid scheme that was done so far by the modern (world) leaders. I believe that this entire NFT concept was or has been planned, prepared 10 or 15 years ago, and I'm sure they predicted, this is the best time of our society for such political, economic manipulative profit scheme to be launched. :messenger_winking::messenger_ok::messenger_hushed:

And this is sad, because most of the society is very manipulative in our days. Easy to control, easy to tell something by deceiving, in order for them to hear it out and accept it so easily. :messenger_pensive:

HarryKS

In other news, a random Hollywood nobody latches on to the latest techno-fad they don't really understand in an attempt to stay relevant. More at 11.
It's not to stay relevant. They get paid for it. They're high-end prostitutes.

Amory

I can't really blame these people. Most of them probably have no concrete idea what an NFT even is (does anyone?), but for enough money they'll advertise it like any other product. They probably don't realize that they're effectively advertising a scam.

Whitecrow

Banned
I'm behind on this but was is an NFT?
Its an imaginary copy of something so you cant trade and speculate while keeping true legal ownership of that thing.

Its like when someone with no friends starts a trend of seeing who have more inaginary friends, and people fall for that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom