• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brie Larson Stars in New Metroid Dread Ad

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Ok dude, again you sound triggered for no reason and getting upset over Brie doing her job while at the same time enjoying it. Go outside and enjoy life sometimes.
giphy.gif

Brie is an artificial celebrity with an unlikeable character and heavy narcissistic tendencies.
It is no wonder that many people despise here, she has no natural charisma at all and tries to sound smart by spouting whatever opinion is trending on social media.

These 3 minutes between her an Jeremy Renner pretty much says it all:

Hollywood's desperate attempt at trying to make her happen is pathetic and it needs to stop.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Brie is an artificial celebrity with an unlikeable character and heavy narcissistic tendencies.
It is no wonder that many people despise here, she has no natural charisma at all and tries to sound smart by spouting whatever opinion is trending on social media.

Hollywood's desperate attempt at trying to make her happen is pathetic and it needs to stop.

That 11 second mark... you can just feel what that man is feeling. :pie_roffles:

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned

This sounds a lot like projection, dude.

She's somewhat unlikeable as an actress, but the ad is perfectly fine. (Except the part, as several people have pointed out, that Samus is a "leader.")

Several things I like about the ad:
- The "talking to you while playing" style, it's almost like talking to a buddy about the game while the buddy is playing it
- The fact that she actually controls the game as she's actually playing it. One of my pet peeves with some video game ads are people that are "playing" the game in a way that makes you think, "no, that's not how you would play the game; that's not how you would even hold a controller!"
- Somehow managed to link Metroid, Smash, and Captain Marvel all in a short video

Again, ad is perfectly fine for what it is. Like I said I'm no fan of the things she says during interviews, but some of you are laying on the hate a bit too thick 😂

HoofHearted

From the pictures I would guess that Brie (like millions of others) is suffering from a condition called onychomycosis.

This is a fungal infection that attacks the nail bed causing the nail to become brittle and discoloured. It is a very common condition and quite hard to cure.

It is really quite pathetic the amount of people hating on someone who has a medical condition, likely through no fault of her own that is very difficult to cure.
I wasn't referring to the fungus..

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Here's a break down:

I havent seen her really in any interview I remember thoroughly, but from the jist of what I remember, she's just not a funny person. She seems stuck up. If she was at a party she seems like the person standing in the kitchen with a few people bitching or moaning, or telling flat jokes. I get what the narrator is saying and that maybe she really is just trying to be super sarcastic and cant deliver it well, but I dont believe that.

As the video shows, the THOR guy is totally different. Anytime you see him in an interview, he's got to be among the most chill guys ever. At least at first impressions he is. Though you never know, maybe behind the scenes he's an asshead, but I don't think you get any secret articles saying that from industry people. Seems like he really is a good guy.

Last edited:

NikuNashi

There’s a difference between criticism and making 3 YouTube hate videos every day (3 hours apart to maximize the algorithm) inciting mentally unstable people to try to jump the fence at her house.

I don't think this multimillionaire Hollywood A list privliged celebrity needs you white knighting for her but hey, if that's how you get your self righteous kicks who am I to criticize.

NikuNashi

I don't understand this thread, is she awful or not? I don't even know enough about her to know why she should be so hated? Has she done some shit I'm not aware of. I thought she was pretty cool in Scott pilgrim.

She used an awards ceremony platform to be openly and proudly derogatory and descriminatory to '40 year old white dudes'. Very silly thing to say but as racism is acceptable when it's against white people (white fragility they call it) she was never cancelled and is free to make awful movies and apparently associate herself with one of my most beloved game characters.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand this thread, is she awful or not? I don't even know enough about her to know why she should be so hated? Has she done some shit I'm not aware of. I thought she was pretty cool in Scott pilgrim.
Probably said something that got people triggered.

For example, none of this is a reason to counter it by acting like a piece of shit. Celebrity said some dumb shit I don't agree with, oh noooo...
This literally happens all the time, because, believe it or not, celebs have access to the same information and media that we do. When a "filthy peasant" can talk stupid shit, so can a celeb. Nothing out of the ordinary. Now, it can obviously be criticized that we make "dumb and naive" people (or better said people we consider dumb and naive) famous, but this thread's discussion never even reached a thought like that. Instead it's apparently full of man children projecting their insecurities. The same type of dwarfs will then go on and declare anyone who criticizes them for their behavior a "snowflake" or that they're "white-knighting" ... same business as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the game selling so poorly that they turn to her of all people because she has (limited) star power? Is this Nintendo trying to reach a new audience. I don't think the militant nazi feminist crowd would give a shit about a hard-core 2d Metroid game. What is the angle here?

Also it's OLED, not o.l.e.d. it just sounds weird when she says it.
Who hurt you?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
She used an awards ceremony platform to be openly and proudly derogatory and descriminatory to '40 year old white dudes'. Very silly thing to say but as racism is acceptable when it's against white people (white fragility they call it) she was never cancelled and is free to make awful movies and apparently associate herself with one of my most beloved game characters.

ah, I didn’t know this. Will look it up. well, I suppose it was all the trend a few years back to attack 40 year old white dudes. I guess it was a pent up aggression she needed to get out.

bless her cotton socks, like seriously…..bless them and make her wear them..everyday.

I don’t mind her though, but she is scarily skinny. Pack a few pounds on the old bird.

Probably said something that got people triggered.

For example, none of this is a reason to counter it by acting like a piece of shit. Celebrity said some dumb shit I don't agree with, oh noooo...
This literally happens all the time, because, believe it or not, celebs have access to the same information and media that we do. When a "filthy peasant" can talk stupid shit, so can a celeb. Nothing out of the ordinary. Now, it can obviously be criticized that we make "dumb and naive" people (or better said people we consider dumb and naive) famous, but this thread's discussion never even reached a thought like that. Instead it's apparently full of man children projecting their insecurities. The same type of dwarfs will then go on and declare anyone who criticizes them for their behavior a "snowflake" or that they're "white-knighting" ... same business as usual.

What the hell are you talking about? When people talk crap, they deserve to be put in place. You fame doesn't protect you from criticism.

Only because you starred in a Marvel movies, doesn't mean that audiences have to like you. Brie is the one who wants to become famous, so quite evidently she wants something from us. Her audience certainly does not owe her admiration.
It is absolutely normal for people to not find somebody authentic, especially when they feel so entitled to their stardom.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell are you talking about? When people talk crap, they deserve to be put in place. You fame doesn't protect you from criticism.

Only because you starred in a Marvel movies, doesn't mean that audiences have to like you. Brie is the one who wants to become famous, so quite evidently she wants something from us. Her audience certainly does not owe her admiration.
It is absolutely normal for people to not find somebody authentic, especially when they feel so entitled to their stardom.
Talking about misunderstanding my point completely.

kiphalfton

The last sentence she said in the Metroid ad is just so stupid. "Samus is out there saving the universe, just like me" or some shit. No just no.

Like you said, for whatever reason Hollywood is trying to "make her happen" and I just don't get it. She reminds me of that dorky girl who tries to be cool, but just can't pull it off no matter what she does (dressing skimpy, pretending she cares about the latest issues, etc.).

Top Bottom