• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia coming to PC on May 11

Labadal

Previously released on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4.

ABOUT THIS GAME​

Title_Overview_EN.png

The continent of Runersia is home to six major powers with more than 40 bases, 100 knights, and 50 types of monsters. Select a ruler, organize knights and monsters into troops, and conquer enemy bases! How you wish to do battle is entire up to you, so devise the best strategies and lead your nation toward continental conquest! How will your legend unfold?

Title_Simulation_EN.png

Time passes on Runersia in seasons. Each season consists of an Organization Phase and Attack Phase. During the Organization Phase, knights and monsters of various classes and skills are organized into troops in preparation for upcoming battles. During the Attack Phase, turn-based troop battles take place on a map made up of hexagonal spaces. Make use of unit skills, elements, enclosure effects, terrain advantages, and other battle tactics to lead your side to victory! All nations, knights, and monsters in the game will continue to battle and grow as you do. The game is also packed with other ways to grow your armies such as classes, equipment, and various items.
Battle_EN_Color_128_.gif

Title_Worldview_EN.png

Runersia - a continent blessed with mana showers from times of old. Five Mana Stones discovered long ago have been embedded into special armor called Brigandines, each one representing the ideology of the nation possessing it. These have come to be known as the Brigandine of Justice, Sanctity, Freedom, Glory, and Ego. The time now is Runersia 781, and a war looms on the horizon for five nations and a small tribe with incompatible ideologies. Six rulers and their rune knights will throw themselves into the conflict, each with their own hopes and expectations. Once the land has been unified under a single banner, memories from The Legend of Runersia will be reclaimed and the truth of what happened here on Runersia shall be revealed.
RuneStone.png

Title_Immersion_EN.png

Enemy nations aim to conquer the continent as well and will attack your bases to do so. The battle for the continent
will differ with each playthrough.Accumulate stories and events from the six nations in the Records. After clearing the main mode, The Legend of Runersia, the Alternate Chapter challenge mode will be unlocked, allowing for even more replayability.

Main Mode
Choose one of the six powers and reclaim the pages of "The Legend of Runersia" as you aim to unify the land.

Challenge Mode
Choose ten epic heroes, one ruler and nine knights, and charge headfirst into chaos. Aim for total conquest.

Creative Mode
Assemble an army of knights and monsters that have accompanied you on past campaigns. Plan and execute creative strategies for epic battles.

New Features
Addition of Creative Mode
Items to be Carried Over
Customize Graphics Performance
Optimized for Keyboard & Mouse
Battle Map HP Display

Last edited:

cireza

Banned
Awesome game. I was hoping for an Xbox version as well though. Guess I will keep my Switch for some more time...

Rykan

I've played the original a lot, very excited to have this come to PC. It's probably going to be a lot more comfortable to play with a M&K.

CosmicComet

I have the switch version but the original PSone game held my attention WAAAAAY more.

I think because it had close ups of the units fighting if you attacked one right next to you.

In this one, the game stays on the hex board for all the attacks so it never looks epic, at all.

cireza

Banned
I have the switch version but the original PSone game held my attention WAAAAAY more.

I think because it had close ups of the units fighting if you attacked one right next to you.

In this one, the game stays on the hex board for all the attacks so it never looks epic, at all.
Close-ups are nice but they take a while. I understand that they did not think it was a necessity for this new entry.

CosmicComet

You can actually zoom in quite a bit on the map, for information.
I know how much you can zoom but the units look tiny and undetailed at any scale of the zoom.

Its like they didn't have the budget to do full models and it was a turn off for me despite being obsessed with the first one.

cireza

Banned
I know how much you can zoom but the units look tiny and undetailed at any scale of the zoom.

Its like they didn't have the budget to do full models and it was a turn off for me despite being obsessed with the first one.
Well that's too bad. I think we are lucky that we had such a game in this current day and age.

Shouta

They got rid of that for the updated version of the PS1 Brigandine, Brigandine Grand Edition. I think they probably felt it took much time per playthrough and they probably heard from a lot of users that they ended up just turning them off after the first few times.

Top Bottom