• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bringing A Plague Tale: Requiem to life

R6Rider

Gold Member
I am just not feeling the visuals here.
Duh. You don't feel visuals, you see them.

Jim Carrey Alrighty Then GIF by Ace Ventura

sendit

Textures look a class above anything last gen IMO, and the foiliage is dense too. Great draw distance as well.
Doubt and a huge stretch. Textures do not look a class above or even foliage density in terms of what last gen brought.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
just pure tribalism on display, the reaction only differs based on Jim Ryan/PlayStation or Phil Spencer/Xbox even if the content is exactly the same
Nevertheless, it is a weird marketing flex. Not sure what the point is, especially when it's releasing day one on a competitors platform. I mean does Sony thinks this somehow overcomes the fact that it's on Game Pass?

jm89

Nevertheless, it is a weird marketing flex. Not sure what the point is, especially when it's releasing day one on a competitors platform. I mean does Sony thinks this somehow overcomes the fact that it's on Game Pass?
Theres nothing weird about it, they are marketing a feature for an upcoming game that adds to the experience on their platform. Not sure what part of that your not getting?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Weird tribalism logic. I'm sure Sony is not even thinking that at all like a petulant fanatic would.

Just the developer making their rounds on a game (their first one) that was a sleeper hit coming out of nowhere. A rising star as they say, so they're getting love from both platform holders.

On a side note, glad a certain demographic of people is warming up to the linear, single player cinematic adventure movie games though. We'll all dance around the Maypole together when more Hellblade 2 info comes out too. More single player cinematic adventures, hoorah!

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Weird tribalism logic. I'm sure Sony is not even thinking that at all like a petulant fanatic would.

Just the developer making their rounds on a game (their first one) that was a sleeper hit coming out of nowhere. A rising star as they say, so they're getting love from both platform holders.

On a side note, glad a certain demographic of people is warming up to the linear, single player cinematic adventure movie games though. We'll all dance around the Maypole together when more Hellblade 2 info comes out too. More single player cinematic adventures, hoorah!
The first one was also free on PS+ and Epic.

More proof that Sony promotes every game on their platform and they don't block or blacklist Asobo because they made a GP deal (same for Team Ninja).

As soon as it's on GP, the rats think the game is like an exclusive and no one else can talk about it 🙄

Topher

Gold Member
How many different ways is there to say ‘yes we’re making use of the adaptive triggers, microphone and smart rumble’?

yes we’re making use of the adaptive triggers, microphone and smart rumble
yes we’re making use of the smart rumble, adaptive triggers and microphone
yes we’re making use of the microphone, smart rumble and adaptive triggers

See Ya Reaction GIF by Travis

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The first one was also free on PS+ and Epic.

More proof that Sony promotes every game on their platform and they don't block or blacklist Asobo because they made a GP deal (same for Team Ninja).

As soon as it's on GP, the rats think the game is like an exclusive and no one else can talk about it 🙄

Someone needs an adaptive hug.

adamsapple

Have you held a PlayStation™ 5 DualSense™ controller?

Gamers Ps GIF by PlayStation

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.

Gamer Ps GIF by PlayStation

The tasteful thickness of it.

Ps GIF by PlayStation

It even has a watermark...

chair table GIF by South Park

Also why is the controller ejaculating blue in the last gif .. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

Yeah, I'm not seeing anyone throwing out the "movie games" narrative.

Interested Thinking GIF by reactionseditor

sendit

The salt has been piling up for years:

Here are a few concerns noted:
  • $80 minimum
  • The dualsense will always be Inferior with its garbage analog stick placement. Controller made for gnomes.
  • Usuallly those gymmick are supported only by first party games, there's no way EA, Activision or Ubisoft make special control features just for one platform among the 4 (Sony, Ms, Nintendo and PC)
  • if you happen to press hard at full lock or happen to accidently drop the control on the trigger i would hazard a guess this thing will snap pretty easy

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Dualsense is a big deal, I'm sure that's the only difference between the versions give or take.
I don't really care for it myself in most games. GT7 being the only exception so far. On paper its great, in reality in just tires my old ass fingers out after a while. Nice Controller though, needs paddles imo then it would be the best controller on the market.

Might work well in this game, but im not spending $60 or whatever to find out unfortunately.

adamsapple

They're nice enough to release the game at midnight in every region. No arbitrary waiting till 1PM if you live in a certain zone.

Fe9tMAjXEAAddpd

Top Bottom