• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

British Academy Games Awards public vote for GOTY

Fake

1582814669440.jpg

The EE Game of the Year Award is the only category at this year’s British Academy Games Awards voted for by the public. This new award recognises the fans’ favourite game from the past year.

These are the nominees:

- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Call of Duty: Warzone
- Hades
- Ghost of Tsushima
- The Last of Us Part II
- Valorant

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
The fact that the list doesn't contain Deep Rock Galactic should be considered a crime against humanity, punishable by death.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
1582814669440.jpg

- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Call of Duty: Warzone
- Hades
- Ghost of Tsushima
- The Last of Us Part II
- Valorant

Ghost of Tsushima, one of the best open world games I have played in a long long time.

GametimeUK

Hades is just on a whole different level from anything I played last year. No chance in hell it will win, but it's my choice.

Varteras

Gold Member
I see nobody in this thread has played Hades.

You all disgust me.
Lol I did. Could not get into it. I may try it again later but I put less than an hour into it and requested a refund from Steam. Dying and losing virtually all progress was not fun to me. I'm sure it's fun once you dig into it and "git gud" but I just don't have the desire to sink that kind of time and effort into it.

pasterpl

I see nobody in this thread has played Hades.

You all disgust me.
I have played it, still playing it and love it, really good, enjoyable game, spent 4-5 more time playing hades (much more enjoyable) than ghosts of Tsushima

GametimeUK

My personal pick is TLOU 2, but Hades is a truly great game in its own right.
We are at total different ends of the gaming spectrum with out picks and I respect your voice too. I actually really enjoyed parts of TLOU2 and I can see why someone would choose it as their GOTY. It just ran a bit too long for me, but the gameplay was solid.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
Lol I did. Could not get into it. I may try it again later but I put less than an hour into it and requested a refund from Steam. Dying and losing virtually all progress was not fun to me. I'm sure it's fun once you dig into it and "git gud" but I just don't have the desire to sink that kind of time and effort into it.
You don't really lose progress, though. Every time you play you can build up permanent upgrades that eventually make runs much easier.

Varteras

Gold Member
You don't really lose progress, though. Every time you play you can build up permanent upgrades that eventually make runs much easier.
Correct, but those upgrades take a while to stack up and quite frankly I wasn't into getting my shit wrecked until I could finally survive long enough to feel like I made real progress. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Hatsuma

TLOU2 got my vote. I wonder which game will win EE. I can assume TLOU2 is likely gonna win BAFTA, but nomination count is close. Europe appears very taken by TLOU2, judging by Golden Joysticks results.

Top Bottom