• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brutal Legend

Krathoon

I got this on Steam, but maybe I should get the DRM free gog version. I actually should see what other Double Fine games are on gog.

Bragr

Banned
The RTS sections are great. This is the real truth.

Now that Microsoft is their daddy, a sequel might, just might, maybe, be something we can hope for.

Krathoon

Does the PC Brutal Legend have the DLC?

Edit: Why yes, Krathoon. It does. This is you from the future!

Last edited:

trikster40

Fantastic game, wasn’t a super fan of the RTS segments especially on the hardest difficulty, but I did get the plat on it. It just oozed so much love for metal and creativeness. Definitely would pick up a remake or sequel.

Reactions: Fuz

Wildebeest

I wish there was a full campaign for the other factions like in classic RTS. Be back in a heartbeat to play the Tainted Coil story. I get how some felt like the strategy game gameplay was sprung on them from nowhere and dropped the game.

Krathoon

I wish there was a full campaign for the other factions like in classic RTS. Be back in a heartbeat to play the Tainted Coil story. I get how some felt like the strategy game gameplay was sprung on them from nowhere and dropped the game.
Yeah. The game just dumps you into it. All of a sudden, it is an RTS. If there is a sequel. They should have separate campaigns.

Krathoon

I actually did remember to put it on my laptop. There was some studdering. I think it was because I was running off the battery.

Valt7786

Absolutely incredible game. The intro when you're being chased by the monks with the intro to children of the grave playing until you pick up the axe/guitar and then the full song kicks in has always stuck with me. Loved every minute of it.
The RTS bits weren't even bad, or hard and you could fly down and take part in the action at any time anyway.

winjer

Gold Member
Never finished this game. Sadly.
The writing is great, with lots of humor.
Amazing soundtrack. Lots of cameos from classic metal music.
Nice art style. Graphics were a bit low quality, even for the time.
But what really kills it is the gameplay. Most of it is just boring. Not bad, but just boring.
What really made me give up, was the rts part. It was so poorly made, that it made continuing the game a chore.
A real shame, because the rest of the game is really good.

Top Bottom