• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brutally honest game showcases

Kikorin

Just wondering after the gameplay reveal of Forspoken. Usually we are used to devs that showcases their games using bullshot screen or "gameplay" videos in very controlled environments just for demo purpose and when they are ready or very close to launch, they reveal the real game that is usually downgraded.

But there are devs that simply don't care and show things for what they are. For example, I'm always surprised by Game Freak and showcases of their Pokémon games. Legends Pokémon: Arceus is on of my most anticipated games of 2022, but is far from being a looker (to be nice), and still somehow Game Freak show during trailers junky animations, terrible textures, etc... with camera angles that doesn't make the game any favours.

Which are the most brutally honest devs when is time to showcases games?

Example, this is a real scene from one of last trailers:
screenshot_590.png

Last edited:

SegaShack

Just wondering after the gameplay reveal of Forspoken. Usually we are used to devs that showcases their games using bullshot screen or "gameplay" videos in very controlled environments just for demo purpose and when they are ready or very close to launch, they reveal the real game that is usually downgraded.

But there are devs that simply don't care and show things for what they are. For example, I'm always surprised by Game Freak and showcases of their Pokémon games. Legends Pokémon: Arceus is on of my most anticipated games of 2022, but is far from being a looker (to be nice), and still somehow Game Freak show during trailers junky animations, terrible textures, etc... with camera angles that make the game any favours.

screenshot_590.png
Any Non-AAA game tends to show actual screens or gameplay.

It's sad people still see AAA cinematic trailers that show zero gameplay 3 years before a game comes out and act excited for it.

Dr Bass

But there are devs that simply don't care and show things for what they are. For example, I'm always surprised by Game Freak and showcases of their Pokémon games. Legends Pokémon: Arceus is on of my most anticipated games of 2022, but is far from being a looker (to be nice), and still somehow Game Freak show during trailers junky animations, terrible textures, etc... with camera angles that make the game any favours.

screenshot_590.png
You see jank.

Pokemon fans see some beloved Pokemon on a beautiful beach setting.

stranno

You would like Google Play and App Store then.

99,9999999999% of profile screenshots are just renders or photoshop, that have barely anything to do with the actual game. Example:

Mp8D0ZwPLYJUPCmD2xJgw4EuPRkJGM4hfGNJPAMpUwXzWFKkmhwEJFoWHwn3ViZmHe4=w1879-h939-rw

xqGvWB9.jpg

Not even the UI is similar..

nikolino840

You would like Google Play and App Store then.

99,9999999999% of profile screenshots are just renders or photoshop, that have barely anything to do with the actual game. Example:

Mp8D0ZwPLYJUPCmD2xJgw4EuPRkJGM4hfGNJPAMpUwXzWFKkmhwEJFoWHwn3ViZmHe4=w1879-h939-rw

xqGvWB9.jpg

Not even the UI is similar..
This is just scam non marketing 😅

Top Bottom