• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bryce Dallas Howard Was Pressured To Lose Weight For "Jurassic World: Dominion

GymWolf

She really think that she gets roles for her acting chops and not because she looks good uh??!

Trim 10 kg if you wanna earn 8 fucking millions for a single movie where you are not even the star (starlord) or the main attraction (dinos) you lazy chick...

Edit: Lol at the simps excusing this shit.

It's her fucking job to look the part and she earn million for that.

Last edited:

Hugare

None of you fucks can spell. You don't loose weight, you lose weight.

Loose is the opposite of tight.
Lose is the opposite of win or gain.

Start the thread over, and this time use the correct words.

Thank you.
Making sentences not using your native language is hard

I blame English for having 2 different words with the same pronunciation. Stupid ass language.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I just want it to be known on the record that I would bang them all regardless of their socially assigned "size".

i-am-a-generous-god-xerxes.gif

Soodanim

Making sentences not using your native language is hard

I blame English for having 2 different words with the same pronunciation. Stupid ass language.
Even better than that:
"Use it if you find a use for it."
The first use is pronounced "uze", and the second is pronounced "uce". They essentially mean the same thing.

Blame everyone that invaded us for hundreds of years and made us a mishmash of Germanic and Latin root words. Multiple sets of rules means extra fun!

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
In fact, Bryce said that director Colin Trevorrow had to come to her defense. "On the third movie, it was actually because there were so many women cast, it was something that Colin felt very strongly about in terms of protecting me," she continued.
Correct me if I'm wrong, in the end I am just a male troglodyte but isn't this view - that women needs protection - extremely patronizing and something women's rights movements have been fighting against for decades?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Bodies don’t get built in a day, before I start losing weight I start losing eating candy, limit fast food and start loving broccoli, doing sit ups.

Lady Jane

Banned
If someone offered me $1,000 to lose weight and act in a film, I'd tell them to fuck off. But if they offered me $1,000,000? Fuck yeah I'd get in whatever shape you want me to.

What's the problem here?

She got paid $8 million. Bartenders won't eat for three days so they can rock out the crop tops and get big tips for rent and she's complaining about this? You know why the service industry is like that? Because they're not stupid and know that the tips aren't because they know how to change a keg quickly. She got the original part because she's a hot red head (with her dad's help), not because of her acting skills.

She doesn't even do stunts in these movies. Gets paid $8 million to simp over a hot guy and to occasionally run down hallways. And she's complaining because they want her to lose weight for the role? Wew lad

Last edited:

Madflavor

She got paid $8 million. Bartenders won't eat for three days so they can rock out the crop tops and get big tips for rent and she's complaining about this? You know why the service industry is like that? Because they're not stupid and know that the tips aren't because they know how to change a keg quickly. She got the original part because she's a hot red head (with her dad's help), not because of her acting skills.

She doesn't even do stunts in these movies. Gets paid $8 million to simp over a hot guy and to occasionally run down hallways. And she's complaining because they want her to lose weight for the role? Wew lad

Wow $8 mil. I didn't know how much but I assumed it was high. Yeah I just have no sympathy for any actress bitching that they had to lose weight for a role. You're being paid royally for a few months of work.

What about $5,000?

With that figure I start to think about my answer lol. Once you hit 10k, that's when I say yes without hesitation.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Some things I hate more than others, and the use of "literally" is high up on that list. People started to use it as a power word, trying to emphasize their sentences, and now people use it in every damn sentence, usually in the wrong context. It's the new "like".
Actually, its been used since the 18th century. Several all time great authors have used it. You make it sound like a millenial or a gen z thing but tt's not the new like if its been around for centuries.

Is it ever okay to use literally to mean "figuratively"?
F. Scott Fitzgerald did it (“He literally glowed”). So did James Joyce (“Lily, the caretaker’s daughter, was literally run off her feet”), W. M. Thackeray (“I literally blazed with wit”), Charlotte Brontë (“she took me to herself, and proceeded literally to suffocate me with her unrestrained spirits”) and others of their ilk.

Oxford English Dictionary:

literally, adv. 1c. colloq. Used to indicate that some (freq. conventional) metaphorical or hyperbolical expression is to be taken in the strongest admissible sense: "virtually, as good as"; (also) "completely, utterly, absolutely."
Oxford English Dictionary, 3rd edition, Sept. 2011

The use of literally in a fashion that is hyperbolic or metaphoric is not new—evidence of this use dates back to 1769. Its inclusion in a dictionary isn't new either; the entry for literally in our 1909 unabridged dictionary states that the word is “often used hyperbolically; as, he literally flew.”

So stop bitching and get with the times. The time being 17-fucking-69.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hit the gym, darling...You are getting millions of dollars for a not-so-demanding job.
Funny thing is these rich people can hire trainers and good cooks and not think twice about the costs. Heck, some of the film studios probably provide free trainers for the celebs on site (maybe, maybe not).

All she has to do is put in some effort. And if she has no willpower, a big pay cheque still isn't good enough, and trainers cant get her to do it, it goes to show what zero motivation she has in life.

It's kind of like star athletes who made it and got a giant contract. The team and owners expect them to keep being fit and performing. Some will keep on honouring what is expected of them. But some just wont give a shit anymore. They made it. The burning desire is gone once that 8 year/$80 M contract is signed. To them, once they sign that contract they feel they can just take a dump on the owner and coach knowing the money is in writing.

Last edited:

MastAndo

Gold Member
I like the first version better 🤷‍♂️

a9HMbua.gif

I see no moral quandaries involved in a studio requiring a certain look from their actors and actresses for a particular film though.

Soodanim

Actually, its been used since the 18th century. Several all time great authors have used it. You make it sound like a millenial or a gen z thing but tt's not the new like if its been around for centuries.

Oxford English Dictionary:

So stop bitching and get with the times. The time being 17-fucking-69.
It wasn't being overused even 10 years ago (it didn't start picking up until late 2009, going by searches), nor is it a rare throwback in honour of James Joyce and the literary greats of centuries past. It's also a unique case because it's used to convey that you're specficially not being hyperbolic, so if you use the "I'm not being hyperbolic" word in a hyperbolic sense it's a load of bollocks. It was bollocks in 1769 and it's bollocks now, although I'm fairly certain the early emphatic use was by people who understood the word and were intentionally doing it as opposed to it being thrown into every other sentence by people who spit out words they heard on TV and YouTube with no understanding whatsoever. The emphatic use is never necessary, so all it does is dampen the effect of its intended use while doing nothing for the sentence it's in.

Last edited:

Esca

I don't see a problem with it. Actors/actresses are asking all the time to change their appearance for a film. She gets a big check to just look the same as she previously looks in prior movies in the trilogy.

ahtlas7

I remember the dudes in 300 had some crazy workout regiment for the movie. They may have complained but they all looked buff and they got paid.
Even Zack got buff during 300.
Gerard Butler got mad when people accused him of having “faked” abs. The 300-rep Spartan Workout was created by his trainer to transform his body from Gerard’s into Frank Miller’s, Leonidas. It was hell, no doubt, but he was dedicated!

During Gladiator filming Ridley Scott told Joaquin Phoenix to lose weight. He was developing a double chin.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No she spends all the money.......
I'm not even married and I feel bad for my bro whose wife blows money. She's that Whole Foods shopper who only skews to premium stores and brands. My bro just shakes his head. Nothing like spending $300 on a teapot set they use once a year. But hey it sure looks nice on the kitchen counter they always leave out for people to see. They drink their tea from a normal steel kettle using teabags.

Last edited:
Some things I hate more than others, and the use of "literally" is high up on that list. People started to use it as a power word, trying to emphasize their sentences, and now people use it in every damn sentence, usually in the wrong context. It's the new "like".
Personally, it only bothers me when you're talking about something that is figurative rather than literal, or someone uses it to emphasize their sentence in a way that isn't actually literal. "That guy literally danced his ass off!" or "This chocolate cake is literally the best thing ever!" for some examples.

Also this guy:

AJUMP23

I'm not even married and I feel bad for my bro whose wife blows money. She's that Whole Foods shopper who only skews to premium stores and brands. My bro just shakes his head. Nothing like spending $300 on a teapot set they use once a year. But hey it sure looks nice on the kitchen counter they always leave out for people to see. They drink their tea from a normal steel kettle using teabags.
It isn't that.....but it is more than me. I get want from what we earn too. I just want less.

Top Bottom