• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bryce Dallas Howard Was Pressured To Lose Weight For "Jurassic World: Dominion

dr_octagon

Banned
We're going to need some chicken heads and the blood of a virgin. Should be plenty of candidates ITT.

chicken driving GIF

spawn

They're paid millions of dollars to be in shape for a movie role. There are men who have to take dangerous anabolic steroids for a movie role sometimes. It's part of Hollywood. She could also say no to the role, but then turn the money. If I got paid as much as they do then I would do it

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
They're paid millions of dollars to be in shape for a movie role. There are men who have to take dangerous anabolic steroids for a movie role sometimes. It's part of Hollywood. She could also say no to the role, but then turn the money. If I got paid as much as they do then I would do it
It's that new wave of living. Get paid max dollar with as little responsibility as possible.

Thats designer sizing for sure. Some of these pics she is pushing a 12+ easily. She ain't THICC, she just PHAT. I know some of you guys like that but come on, a little effort for a film doesn't seem unreasonable.

Agreed. The point of being an actor is to assume a persona. She has the previous performance as a baseline, they're paying you to assume that persona and if you need to get in shape. Fucking do it, it's your job, otherwise flip burgers at McDonalds while they get someone who will and not complain like a bitch about it.

Also, since someone mentioned Lizzo. That's just disgusting. And it sets a horrible precedence for our youth who look up to performers. Fuck body positivity, it's called cholesterol and heart disease and cancer and the whole litany of obesity related diseases. These aren't poor people struggling to get by, they have means -- either people to cook for them or pharmaceutical agents like semaglutide which are perfectly safe and mainstream and becoming first-line treatment for this scrounge that is obesity.

jason10mm

Gold Member
How would she believably run away from dinosaurs if she looks like she can't run away from dinosaurs?
Heh heh, even better, it's kinda the reverse of the "woman running from a slow walking Jason" problem. Those lithe young co-eds could EASILY put 2-3 MILES between them and Jason at the speed he moves and how fit they are. So what do they do? Trip...ALL THE TIME.

So we just need T-rex's and velociraptors to constantly fall over and slip on disproportionately large banana peels while trying to eat a waddling BDH :p

GymWolf

Heh heh, even better, it's kinda the reverse of the "woman running from a slow walking Jason" problem. Those lithe young co-eds could EASILY put 2-3 MILES between them and Jason at the speed he moves and how fit they are. So what do they do? Trip...ALL THE TIME.

So we just need T-rex's and velociraptors to constantly fall over and slip on disproportionately large banana peels while trying to eat a waddling BDH :p
Tbf, the prospect of eating her ass would make most creatures tripping.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Oh noes fat lady gets told to lose a couple of pounds in a big budget Hollywood production??? Shock awe seizure death ashes rebirth Twitter shitpost

Imagine if they start asking women to put on several pounds of muscle?

Size 6? Lady there ain’t enough CGi in the world.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
I watched half of it last night and A. the character runs, A LOT, B. they do their best to hide her ample hips with dress and blocking, she is rarely shot without a long outfit on, or partially behind a doorway, or whatnot, and C. she is DEFINITELY heavier than her stunt woman, and D. only the power of the script keeps Pratts character from dropping her dead weight out the back of the plane when that SMOKING HOT pilot girl shows up....gotDAMN who is that girl?

5fQZOfg.jpg

I see she has a credit in a film called "African Booty Scratcher". Am I gonna be happy or sad if I watch it? :p

jason10mm

Gold Member
Not saying she is overweight as I think her body size is perfection but, imagine if Chris Pratt showed up 10-20 kilo's overweight. What would they be saying to him?
The exact same thing. Plenty of dudes get fat shamed when they show up on set looking flabby or bloated. Hell, just the Fatfleck jokes alone...

Lunarorbit

She had a kid, gained weight, and is upset that her 3 movie deal was shit compared to Pratt.

She can only blame herself or her agent. She's directed and has been in Hollywood her whole life. She knows the game but either decided to push this narrative or let herself be baited into a self defeating answer.

Jurassic world is set on an earth that is competing with dinos. Foods going to be harder to come by. You're going to be running for your life. She needed to lose the weight for continuity no matter how shitty the movie was.

She can have a nutritionist, cook, personal trainer all come to her home. There is no excuse and this is an example of Hollywood sexism. Dudes have to get shredded and make huge sacrifices for parts in action movies. That sly Stallone quote on page 2 is about as real as this shit gets.

I don't want to say stfu to her but she's being disingenuous.

Lunarorbit

She's much worse because she's trying to push absolute falsehoods about health.
Tess Holland is a horrible example of this too. 5'5" and 300 lbs. I'm 5'9" and was 243 lbs Jan 2021. That was the biggest I ever was and now I'm close to being under 200 for the first time in years.

I can't imagine if I got up to 300. How bad I would feel physically and mentally. This isn't healthy. Fat isn't necessarily beautiful.

Top Bottom