• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Confirms Destiny 2 Contains Easter Egg Teasing Its Next Game

sainraja

Bungie Confirms Destiny 2 Contains Easter Egg Teasing Its Next Game

If you're excited for whatever Bungie is working on next, there's a hint to the studio's next project hidden somewhere within Destiny 2. When former Destiny 2 director Christopher Barrett was asked on Twitter (via GamesRadar) if there was a hint to Bungie's new IP somewhere in their massive first-person shooter, Barrett simply responded, "Yes".

Barrett followed up his short response with another one-word tweet, saying "Maybe", along with a smiley face that looks like the moon. This led some Destiny fans to believe the hint is hidden somewhere on Earth's Moon from Destiny 2's Shadowkeep expansion. Even with the hint, the Destiny community hasn't found the easter egg just yet. So, if you're a Destiny 2 fan, it might be time to start searching the Moon!

Barrett is currently the director on an unannounced Bungie game after leaving the Destiny 2 director's chair in 2018. Joe Blackburn is the current director on Destiny 2.

This isn't the first time Bungie has hidden an easter egg for its next project in a game. Halo 3: ODST, released in 2009, included a poster saying "Destiny Awaits." The teaser has since been removed.

Source

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Easter Eggs GIF by SWR3

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
It's probably a code spelled out using the first letter of all the paid for but deleted content areas.

Sorry sorry, I mean "vaulted"

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Will Bungie do another space opera 1st person shooter? I love Destiny 1 and Halo 1-Reach but can they make it different enough?

Last edited:

yurinka

Destiny 3?
No, new IP.

Bungie said they plan to release "at least" (so maybe more than) one IP before 2025. So if they will release a new IP or two during 2023 or 2024, and they plan to keep supporting Destiny 2 with new stuff until at least 2024, I assume that if they release Destiny 3 will be in 2025 or later.

But well, maybe these new IPs are set in the Destiny universe so in some way can be considered like a 3rd Destiny.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

the destiny 2 community has some super smart and dedicated people. I’d like to see what the forums are saying now (besides destiny sucks…)

I am Jack's excited boner. Bungie will always have my attention. Marathon, Myth, Oni, Halo, Destiny and whatever comes next. The mechanics, gunplay, fireteams, world events, strikes, raids, lairs, loot, lite-RPG, gambit and wonderful art in a game simulation aspects of D1 & 2 really were a great evolution of their Halo formula. Best of all Bungie always wanted to create great games and not focus on esports as 343 does. Just fun, competitive games that mix it up and not grind it out (pardon the pun).

Hopefully the RNG grinding isn't present in their next title(s).

Last edited:

Deerock71

An announcement of an Easter egg for an unannounced game that hasn't even yet had an announcement of a countdown to a game placard.

Release date: 21XX

Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Top Bottom