• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BURNOUT Game Evolution 2001 - 2021

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Game Evolution Presents: Burnout Game Evolution. This video includes all Burnout Games including the handheld games.

0:06 Burnout (2001)
0:31 Burnout 2: Point of Impact (2002)
0:56 Burnout 3: Takedown (2004)
1:16 Burnout Revenge (2005)
1:41 Burnout Legends (2005)
2:03 Burnout Dominator (2007)
2:23 Burnout Paradise (2008)
2:50 Burnout CRASH! (2011)
3:04 Burnout Paradise Remastered (2018)

yansolo

is this series dead? i feel like ive seen that ea now own it or something but i could be wrong. Loved burnout 2 and 3 on the ps2

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
What's worse is that no one seems to be able to replicate Burnout.

They tried with Dangerous Driving but damn is that game shitty. Maybe they get it going with the second one...

nbkicker

Love the series till the developers made it a open world racer in paradise then my love for the game stopped, they should have stuck with the formula they had on previous games, cant stand open world racing games, would take a remaster of the older titles anyday, infact burnout revenge was first game i downloaded to my xbox x

Last edited:
I remember there being a huge jump in quality between Burnout 1 to Burnout 2, the high res graphics and progressive scan support on PS2 were quite something back then.

Shame Criterion are nothing but a support studio to EA these days

Alandring

It's a shame the series ended with paradise. That game is my favorite racing game ever and I can't play anything else since, because it feels too boring for me.

I often played without doing any race, just to enjoy the gameplay and the open world.

Open world killed Burnout. Its crazy how many sim racers are there nowadays, with a very obvious single track focus because of realism. But somehow if you are an arcade racer, you MUST be open world. Why? I dont think Burnout or NFS would suffer at all of going back to single track option and ditch the open world. Maybe NFS went too far with it to ever come back but Burnout can. Project Gotham Racing was AMAZING and it wasnt open world.

A.Romero

Dangerous Driving, by some of the original devs.
Never heard of it, is it good?

Couldn't find it in Steam.

According to Wikipedia, the sequel is being prepared but it's expected to be open world... I guess there is only so much they can get out of the original formula.

xrnzaaas

Nice compilation, I think I'm in the minority who love Paradise more than some of the older entries. I even replayed the game when the remaster came out and still had a lot of fun.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Never heard of it, is it good?
Not really. It's full of bugs, the physics are borderline broken, the collision detection is terrible, controls are twitchy, graphics are generic.

It's pretty bad. Just buy Burnout Revenge. It's better in pretty much anything and it's not a cruel joke to your nostalgia.

A.Romero

Not really. It's full of bugs, the physics are borderline broken, the collision detection is terrible, controls are twitchy, graphics are generic.

It's pretty bad. Just buy Burnout Revenge. It's better in pretty much anything and it's not a cruel joke to your nostalgia.

Thanks!

My discs got stolen a few years back so probably my best option would be getting an xbox and gamepass?

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks!

My discs got stolen a few years back so probably my best option would be getting an xbox and gamepass?
A copy of Burnout Revenge is cheap to obtain. A Digital copy is 10 bucks.

For a physical copy, you need an Xbox with a physical drive. The Series S just plays the digital version.

Gamepass isn't necessary. I am not even sure if it's on there. Gamepass is great, but I wouldn't get it for just one game.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I would love a proper Burnout game. I play Burnout Revenge quite a bit since it's backward compatible. I like Burnout Paradise as a game but it doesn't have the same feel as the games that came before it.

kiphalfton

2021...we haven't had a real entry in 13 years. :pie_eyeroll:

I've noticed this guy has a bunch of clickbait videos. Last one there was a thread for this, for Kingdom Hearts and it showed the PS5 label and an image of Kiri underneath it... Even though there aren't even any Kingdom Hearts games on PS5.

A.Romero

A copy of Burnout Revenge is cheap to obtain. A Digital copy is 10 bucks.

For a physical copy, you need an Xbox with a physical drive. The Series S just plays the digital version.

Gamepass isn't necessary. I am not even sure if it's on there. Gamepass is great, but I wouldn't get it for just one game.

I'm a subscriber and I have an itch for burnout. My GPU is out of service so it might be the right moment to get an Xbox.

Valonquar

Takedown was the one with the "puzzle" challenge mode where you try to do certain amounts of damage to the area with a dollar counter right? That was so fucking fun.

habibihijababy

Neo Member
Burnout 3 is the best! Taking down cars in road rage was so satisfying. Wish it had BC with Xbox one. I know there's Revenge, but they made so many changes (although it is a lot of fun in its own way).

bigsnack

When Paradise first came out years ago, I didn’t gel with it at all and totally wrote it off. I got it super cheap on a steam sale recently, and me and my son are LOVING it. I can’t believe I slept on it all of this time! I’m hoping Dangerous Driving 2 will end up being good, although updates about the game have gone way dark, and we are far past it’s original release date. I hope it didn’t get nuked!

Top Bottom