• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout Paradise Remastered studio teases series revival

Next "Burnout": Open world or not open world?

• Total voters

Darsxx82

Why?

ACC uses UE4 and it looks very nice.
Yes, On PC. Certainly not on consoles. The rest of the racing games in EU, from my point of view, have not been very fortunate technologically or visually.

But who knows, it may still be a competent Studio and it does wonders with UE5. We will see.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
If they are releasing a new Burnout game and it's in the same vein as Burnout 3 and Revenge, I'll be pretty fucking excited.

If it's more Paradise, then that'll be a bit of a blow to me as it's just not nearly as good as those. I want proper crash mode and takedown mode and no fucking open world nonsense.
Why not both, kinda like NFS hot pursuit but with a more interesting open world section.

calistan

Burnout Paradise was good once you were in the race you wanted to run. Where it broke up was having to drive all over to get to the race you wanted.
I kept taking wrong turns in the races. You’d have to simultaneously monitor the map while focusing on the action in front of you.

bender

What time is it?
Paradise fucking sucks. Open world does not work with Burnout games. Remaster Burnout 3 please.
giphy.gif

Topher

Gold Member
I kept taking wrong turns in the races. You’d have to simultaneously monitor the map while focusing on the action in front of you.

That was my problem as well. The turn signal mechanic kind of sucked. I was focusing more on navigation than trying to take out the other cars. More times than not, I'd get off track and not finish the race at all.

I did like smashing through billboards though.

Jesus tittyfucking christ no love at all for Burnout 2? Fucking asinine

The soundtrack alone

I love everything bout the game. Soundtrack is the shit.🎸🤘🏻💥

Don't know why everyone skips talking about this masterpiece.🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

But I gave up for a decent arcade racer anymore. Bought Dangerous Driving but this game sucked ass.

Last edited:

wvnative

No you didn't, your cars' turn signals would flash before a suggested turn as would the street signs on the top, keeping your eyes on the road.

Also pro tip, all finish line's are on the outer edge of the map. You should be able to figure out a path from anywhere without even following the turn signals.

LostDonkey

Yes, On PC. Certainly not on consoles. The rest of the racing games in EU, from my point of view, have not been very fortunate technologically or visually.

But who knows, it may still be a competent Studio and it does wonders with UE5. We will see.

I play ACC on PS5 and it looks great. Considering they're a very small studio (kunos) maybe a bigger outfit would get even better results.

calistan

No you didn't, your cars' turn signals would flash before a suggested turn as would the street signs on the top, keeping your eyes on the road.

Also pro tip, all finish line's are on the outer edge of the map. You should be able to figure out a path from anywhere without even following the turn signals.
Figuring out a path while moving at 150 mph just wasn’t my idea of the ideal arcade racer, I suppose.

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Paradise is good as its own thing, not as a Burnout game though. I loved Burnout, especialy 3, its the simplicity that made them great.

ReBurn

Gold Member
That was my problem as well. The turn signal mechanic kind of sucked. I was focusing more on navigation than trying to take out the other cars. More times than not, I'd get off track and not finish the race at all.

I did like smashing through billboards though.
It would have been better if once you were in an event there were barriers to keep you more on course, especially in straight up races. The open world was fun for exploring and breaking barricades outside of races and it didn't really hamper takedown events, but anything with a clear finish line was kind of a mess.

Topher

Gold Member
It would have been better if once you were in an event there were barriers to keep you more on course, especially in straight up races. The open world was fun for exploring and breaking barricades outside of races and it didn't really hamper takedown events, but anything with a clear finish line was kind of a mess.

100%. The exploring was great. If they would have thrown up those barriers like they did in previous Burnouts with the yellow arrows it would have improved the experience dramatically for me.

Hudo

Please, for the love of god, no open-world. Burnout 3 is still the pinnacle of the series and one of the best arcade racers of all time. Look to Burnout 3 for a good starting point. And please, please, please include Crash Mode.

Top Bottom