• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cadbury flake now too crumbly for 99 cones, say ice-cream sellers

Tams

Gold Member

Fucking state of the world.

And this is why you don't allow massive acquisitions to go through.

angry clint eastwood GIF

SirTerry-T

Fucking state of the world.

And this is why you don't allow massive acquisitions to go through.

angry clint eastwood GIF
Fuck Kraft Foods and fuck the UK government that allowed the buy out to through in the first place....

...and bring back the old style chunks on a bar of Dairy Milk.

SirTerry-T

I've read this article 3 tomes and still can't figure out what the hell a 99 and a flake are. Can anyone debritish this story?
This is a Flake....though this advert may also lead you to believe it maybe a dick ...

(Incidentally, I used to think the bird in this advert was the blonde one from Abba)

This is an ice cream van...

vZ9eeK9.jpg

This is an ice cream cone...

gr2DW2T.jpg

And this, my friend, is the taste of heaven that happens when a genius decided to stick a chocolate bar in the aforementioned ice cream cone...
Fc4AQXA.jpg

It's called a 99 because Cadburys sold the smaller versions of the Flake bars used in this masterpiece in boxes of 99.

Last edited:

Tams

Gold Member
Fuck Kraft Foods and fuck the UK government that allowed the buy out to through in the first place....

...and bring back the old style chunks on a bar of Dairy Milk.

When it was taking over Cadbury, US food firm Kraft promised to keep open the chocolate firm's Somerdale factory near Bristol.
But soon after the deal was done, Kraft announced a U-turn and shut the factory that employed 400 staff.

The fuckers aren't even 'Kraft' anymore. They became 'Mondelez'.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
FFS, is nothing sacred anymore? First they remove cocaine from Coke, then they reduce the size of a Pringles can, and now this?!

first freddos being a complete fucking rip off, then toblerones getting cut down, and now we need to put up with this?

i'm all for WW3 now. nuke this fucking rock please.

edit: this might sound like i'm joking but i'm actually fucking raging. can't even have a fucking ice cream cone with a flake in it anymore? :messenger_pouting:

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
This is a Flake....though this advert may also lead you to believe it maybe a dick ...

(Incidentally, I used to think the bird in this advert was the blonde one from Abba)

This is an ice cream van...

vZ9eeK9.jpg

This is an ice cream cone...

gr2DW2T.jpg

And this, my friend, is the taste of heaven that happens when a genius decided to stick a chocolate bar in the aforementioned ice cream cone...
Fc4AQXA.jpg

It's called a 99 because Cadburys sold the smaller versions of the Flake bars used in this masterpiece in boxes of 99.

Yum, looks like crap.

Only the brits.

Spaceman292

Banned
Jk I never liked 99s much anyway. The ice-cream is about as flavourful as paper and the chocolate is too cold so you can't really taste it.

nush

Gold Member
and there was me thinking coming back to blighty and living on a notrthern council estate with a prostitute was as bad as it could get.

Fools idol

Banned
chocolate made with toxic palm/veg/seed oils was destroying your health anyway. If you are going to eat chocolate, go for the organic / raw stuff that is 75%+ dark cocoa variety and has not been made with palm oils and crap that is toxic for you. Once youve tried 'real' chocolate it's hard to go back.

Green and black's is a good start.

daffyduck

Though it's been a while since I've seen the Flake bar specifically, and the "99/cone" thing might be reserved to England.

Kamina

Golden Boy
they probably save 1 penny per package with the new recipe, so they dont care for the loss in quality

JonSnowball

A chocolate sundae with a flake and hot fudge/chocolate sauce is the fucking best. Cadbury gone down hill so fuckin' steep it's waxy ass penis chocolate. Buy other brands.

Top Bottom