• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

California expands lawsuit against Activision Blizzard (Claims they interfered with the investigation)

ManaByte

Gold Member

California has expanded its anti-discrimination lawsuit against Activision Blizzard, adding temporary workers to the female full-time employees of whom it is suing on behalf. The state's Department of Fair Employment & Housing also alleges the game maker has interfered with its investigation.

The DFEH also says Activision Blizzard has stymied its efforts through NDAs, requiring employees to speak with the company ahead of contacting the DFEH, and its involvement with WilmerHale, a law firm the game maker said will investigate misconduct issues.

• The suit claims that this "directly interferes" with DFEH's ability to "investigate, prosecute, and remedy workplace discrimination and harassment violations on behalf of employees and contingent or temporary workers."
  • It alleges, in part, that "documents related to investigations and complaints were shredded by human resource personnel" in violation of what it asserts is the game company's legal obligation to retain them pending the investigation.

Bobby Kotick about to get fucked...

Ellery

Sounds good. I genuinely would pay more money to help Bobby getting his comeuppance than I would for ActivisionBlizzard games nowadays.

salt-bae-sprinkling-salt.gif

SaucyJack

Not judging the merit or not of the case but what are odds on Activision Blizzard still being based in California 12 months from now?

laynelane

Shredding documents plus the other stuff they're doing to interfere with the investigation - Kotick is such a scumbag and, as you say, I hope he does get fucked. It's been a long time coming.

Used-ID

1) I can see Activision moving to either Austin/ San Antonio or Dallas here in Texas :-(
2) I wish the management responsible will actually be held to task. Though I doubt anyone above middle management will take the fall while executives get the golden parachutes.

hemo memo

Gold Member
The DFEH also says Activision Blizzard has stymied its efforts through NDAs, requiring employees to speak with the company ahead of contacting the DFEH
This is fucked up. Legally silencing employees?

Genx3

1) I can see Activision moving to either Austin/ San Antonio or Dallas here in Texas :-(
2) I wish the management responsible will actually be held to task. Though I doubt anyone above middle management will take the fall while executives get the golden parachutes.

I feel for you.

If this happens there is going to be another mass exodus of Californians ruining the great state of Texas.

Top Bottom