• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Calisto Protocol's Season Pass Detailed: New Death Animations, Story DLC, New Areas and Game Mode(s)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Update:

Glenn Schofield clarifies the extra animations part.

The Callisto Protocol‘s season pass will include extra death animations for the protagonist Jacob and the enemies he faces, it’s been confirmed.

The details of the season pass were recently added to the game’s Steam Page, listing everything it offers.

As well as typical content that would be expected with a season pass, such as new story DLC, new areas and a new mode, it also lists new death animations.

The ‘Contagion Bundle’ included in the season pass adds a new mode as well as “thirteen new Jacob death animations”. Meanwhile, the Riot Bundle adds a “previously undiscovered area” as well as “twelve new enemy death animations”.

The full Season Pass content is as follows:

Outer Way Skin Collection: Bear the armor of the Outer Way, an underground insurgency pitted against the UJC, as you fight to survive the horrors of Callisto.

Contagion Bundle: Discover the ultimate survival horror experience with a new mode, Contagion. With reduced ammo and health drops, a customized difficulty and permadeath – there are no second chances to escape Black Iron Prison or the horrors lurking beneath the surface of Callisto. The Contagion Bundle also includes thirteen new Jacob death animations and the Watchtower Skin Collection.

Riot Bundle: Venture into a previously undiscovered area of Black Iron Prison and battle through waves of brutal enemies. Gather credits to upgrade your weapons, or forge new ones, and survive the onslaught as long as you can in Riot, an all-new mode. The Riot Bundle also includes twelve new enemy death animations and the Engineer Skin Collection.

Story DLC: Dig deeper into the horrifying secrets of The Callisto Protocol.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Like The Witcher 3? Cyberpunk? The Last of Us?

There's no problem with SP in singleplayer games.

They dont have the content ready to ship with the game, and even if they had, maybe the content in the game is already worth of $70
So you are okay with animations and game modes being locked behind F2P style season passes?

The Witcher and CB had no such thing.

Last edited:

skyfall

Pay walling animations, lol. That's a new one (as far as i can recall)

Also, why would you pay for story dlc of a brand new IP? If it's a long running series and youve loved every last entry, I can get it, you'd probably like the next bit of content. Buy you don't know anything about the quality of a new ip yet.

Last edited:

mansoor1980

extra animations as DLC , is that what they meant by quad AAAA

laughing-38.gif

Needlecrash

Locking death animations to a Season Pass is a new low. Of course they say this now, since the game is out next week. Shoving all this DLC when the game isn't even out and pay walling death animations, that's supposed to be the main part of the game, tells me this game was rushed and was thrown into a DLC package to give it more development time.

So much for a AAAA title. 😵‍💫

Last edited:

jm89

Yeah not gonna buy the season pass without knowing how cool and how long that story DLC will be - it's the only interesting part of it.
Same reason why I'm reluctant to get the resi 8 dlc. Changes to gameplay or some new feature being sold as dlc is lame.

anthony2690

Banned
The way Glen Schofield is salivating on the death animations in every interview/video, he probably made the team come back to make new animations after the base game went gold.
Crunching for 25 new death animations, what most people will probably never even see anyway. XD

It will probably make some YouTuber some money though.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I bought the deluxe edition. I’ll support the team and enjoy the game. Hopefully they’ll give the team a bonus for all their hard work. The last time I remember installing animations was The Witcher 3 on PS4. I bought the deluxe edition back then too, but I don’t think they charged for those. Who knows what that implies, additional storage?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I am sucker for single player experiences, the whole things seems to me like it was done in golden age of gaming for me, so yeah I already have that special digital edition ready to go.

I know, the morals, thankful I can adjust them on fly

I hope this game fails so hard. Get out of here with SP season passes.
You want a game to fail. come on. We barely get good single player games as it is. Its an extra animation. I don't buy any of this shit as it is, as long as the game has regular death animations its a non issue. Just don't buy the season pass.
Companies can offer extra content as long as the content isn't cut from the main game.

If people stop buying these games we won't get more, they will put more money into the the kids and their fortnite/ mobas/ gaas bs f2p games instead of real games.
We have to support single player game devs, especially for new ip.

Single player season passes containing animations.
Wow.

My exitement and every iota of will to give this game a chance just vanished into thin air.
Over an animation? Who cares its an animation, which is optional. If we stop buying these types of games, we will be left with floresant gen z zoomer shit f2p fortnite clones until we are forgotten dinosaurs. Don't let that happen.
The companies want to kill single player games. They want always online, multiplayer gaas trash they can churn out cosmetics for.

Needlecrash

I have no words lol who thought this was good idea?
I kinda wonder something here. Getting star talent, using Sony's resources and all of that, kind of makes me think of the costs that's shoved onto the consumer. Just a guess.

I really want this game to succeed. But damn it, this DLC stuff is hard to swallow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom