• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Calisto Protocol's Season Pass Detailed: New Death Animations, Story DLC, New Areas and Game Mode(s)

Buying the game regardless and at £43 too, which is cheap compared to most these days. If I like it then I’ll probably buy the DLC too.

This game looks fucking amazing from the last few trailers and with dead space talent behind it, no brainer for me.

They’ve already stated that the content hasn’t even been started on yet. You can assume they’re lying but I’ve got no reason to believe it’s not true as they don’t have a track record of lying from what I’ve seen.

Some of the takes in here are hilarious. Those writing the game off look to me like they had no interest in the first place and are just using this as an opportunity to get on their soapbox and have a whinge.

Needlecrash

And it's revealed that its all new content. Glad that's cleared up. I'll retract my previous statements.

Last edited:

Needlecrash

Buying the game regardless and at £43 too, which is cheap compared to most these days. If I like it then I’ll probably buy the DLC too.

This game looks fucking amazing from the last few trailers and with dead space talent behind it, no brainer for me.

They’ve already stated that the content hasn’t even been started on yet. You can assume they’re lying but I’ve got no reason to believe it’s not true as they don’t have a track record of lying from what I’ve seen.

Some of the takes in here are hilarious. Those writing the game off look to me like they had no interest in the first place and are just using this as an opportunity to get on their soapbox and have a whinge.
43 quid? Where at?

GymWolf

That’s how the game is designed. Higher it’s usually annoying
Usually survival horrors have both hard (that is hard but you have way enough ammo) and a special difficulty like it was in the evil within saga, where the game really become a survival horror where you can't waste even a single bullet, many people like to play that mode and they are locking that behind a paywall.

Pretty shitty if you ask me.

I usually play on hard because i don't wanna be super stingy with resources but many people like the super hard mode.

Last edited:
Yeah I'll wait for it to come to game pass. But by then I'll have forgotten what it is because I have a feeling no one will be talking about or caring about this game in record time.

Ristifer

Yeah I'll wait for it to come to game pass. But by then I'll have forgotten what it is because I have a feeling no one will be talking about or caring about this game in record time.
surejan.gif

People have been clamouring for more Dead Space. A spiritual successor made by the same dude isn’t going to be forgotten “in record time.”

Do some of you actually read these over before posting? I think you’d do well on Twitter.

That's how it usually works with single player games. Which is exactly why the publisher wants to turn it into a live service game.

So its new content, not locked content. Can we lock the thread or update the OP so ppl can stop acting like whiny bitches over fucking DEATH ANIMATIONS rofl. I mean even if it was locked, buying or crying over death animations has to be the most "first world problem" ever. Also difficulty DLC is not a first either, your favorite japanese games did that shit too and no one gave a shit.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
In Japan there were 2 different versions of RE2 Remake. With The Collisto Protocol we are mad we don’t get all the death animations in one single package. Japan doesn’t even get a single version because the games banned there.

Arachnid

You guys can cool down now. :)

The gruesome deaths are one of my favorite parts of both Dead Space and RE4. More being added down the line is a huge deal for me. Legit hyped

No different from Destiny finishing moves, which ppl buy. Cant blame the devs, blame the fools who buy them
TBH, it doesn't really effect how the game plays, so I liken it to cosmetics. More cosmetics is always good to me

Last edited:
I don't want to link to ERA, but basically DuskGolem has internal documents that basically show that what Schofield saying is actually correct. Take that reporting with a grain of salt.

Bartski

Gold Member
So. DLC with more sngle player campaign, skins, challenge combat / horde area, and new extra hard mode, including new TRIGGER WARNING animated ways to get you killed?
ANIMATION PAYWALL HYPE IS DEAD PREORDER CANCELLED! howdareyou.gif.

Congrats ya all inflating yet another True Gamer Outrage over literally fucking nothing. Devs should basically never reveal detailed plans for future content expansions or just stop doing any.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Oh fuck me, here we go with the bullshit. Because the game was just too promising, it simply couldn't be a modern triple-A release without the publisher trying to worm its grubby fingers into our wallets.

EDMIX

Why are you guys reacting so hard to this? Its not like they rip stuff out of the game for this dlc.

You guys are too damn cynical with your knee jerk reactions.

The lolz, how the fuck would any of you know?

I think its hilarious that folks spent generations accusing EA, Ubisoft, Activision and the obvious easy targets for this ie "cut content" with little to no evidence that any like that even occurred, the excuse was always "well EA wouldn't out right tell you" and blah blah blah

Keep that same energy.

You don't know if that animation was always made for the final version of that game any more then any of you guys knew about the content released post launch from EA, Ubisoft or Activision. If that argument was always it was cut content no matter what the publisher stated, again...keep that same fucking energy as I don't get this idea that suddenly the publisher must be telling the truth, when its a publisher or developer folks are trying to shill for. We wouldn't know when that shit was made regarding this game anymore then when those claims where made for the past several generations regarding other publishers.

One has to logically ask, why the fuck are they planning to sell you something months later that they are working on as oppose to merely delay the game to continue that work in the first place? So I'd say yes, something is very much withheld and saved for DLC, you telling me they read the minds of all the staff to MAKE SURE that idea for the animation was ONLY thought of after the game was released or?

BigbyTheSheriff BigbyTheSheriff the irony, you mean the same IGN that made those claims of cut content by other publishers? I don't recall this same level of investigation or benefit of the doubt being given regarding those other publishers.

What do you know, just saying its being made after, "weeeeee promise" makes it all ok apparently. And you'd believe EA if they said that? Ubisoft? Soooo why is this developer any different?

So this is officially a pass for me. I'll buy it used next year or wait for the GOTY edition or something that actually has all the content. Folks on here would have a fucking field day if EA was out here trying to sell animations for a game before it even fucking released, keep the same energy and this developer deserves all of this.

NOT being called EA, or Ubisoft or Activision doesn't mean one is free from this type of criticism or getting a free pass for this scummy behavior.

Call a spade a spade and folks need to stop making excuses for some of theses new teams. Just cause they left a publisher you dislike, doesn't mean they are any better or don't support those questionable practices.

Theses guys are literally now doing shit even worse then EA btw.

Ristifer

Holy fuck, just pass on the game then. The walls of text with some deep philosophical contemplation because of some meaningless DLC is an extremely strange hill to die on.

No one is even defending the company. They just don't give a fuck. Which more people around here should adopt as an attitude. Just go have fun with other games. Or don't. All companies blow. You're welcome.

BigbyTheSheriff BigbyTheSheriff the irony, you mean the same IGN that made those claims of cut content by other publishers? I don't recall this same level of investigation or benefit of the doubt being given regarding those other publishers.

What do you know, just saying its being made after, "weeeeee promise" makes it all ok apparently. And you'd believe EA if they said that? Ubisoft? Soooo why is this developer any different?

I will always give the benefit of the doubt, no matter the publisher. It's usually their word against the ever unhappy gaming mob that will find something to be upset about or boycott anyway.

But if that's how you wanna frame it, then where is the same energy towards Resident Evil games? Surely locking skins, weapons, map treasures, 3rd person camera, early unlocks for extra hard difficulty to Deluxe Edition/DLC is no different than this "controversy"?

Besides I've never been against EA, Ubisoft, Activision or any other big publisher. They've done no harm to me. I can even play FIFA, which I presume is considered crime here, and not feel robbed of anything.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I can even play FIFA, which I presume is considered crime here
arrest-him.gif

Last edited:
Holy fuck, just pass on the game then. The walls of text with some deep philosophical contemplation because of some meaningless DLC is an extremely strange hill to die on.

No one is even defending the company. They just don't give a fuck. Which more people around here should adopt as an attitude. Just go have fun with other games. Or don't. All companies blow. You're welcome.

Yeah, pretty much this.

Sometimes this place reaches Twitter level of hyperbole and outrage. Just don't buy the game. Not every person gives a damn or share your sentiment.

What's next? Boycotting new From Soft game because 1 sword out of 100 is tied to a Season Pass and it has a special hilt?
"Fuck this company, I actually wanted that specific sword. It's unfair, not giving you my money and I'm going to pirate this game!11".

Last edited:
So. DLC with more sngle player campaign, skins, challenge combat / horde area, and new extra hard mode, including new TRIGGER WARNING animated ways to get you killed?
ANIMATION PAYWALL HYPE IS DEAD PREORDER CANCELLED! howdareyou.gif.

Congrats ya all inflating yet another True Gamer Outrage over literally fucking nothing. Devs should basically never reveal detailed plans for future content expansions or just stop doing any.
Look man I hate hypocrisy if we burned EA down because of Dead Space 3 I'm not going to give Callisto a pass. It is in the patientgamer I'll pick it up in 4 years bin for me.

Nickolaidas

Banned
The lolz, how the fuck would any of you know?

I think its hilarious that folks spent generations accusing EA, Ubisoft, Activision and the obvious easy targets for this ie "cut content" with little to no evidence that any like that even occurred, the excuse was always "well EA wouldn't out right tell you" and blah blah blah

Keep that same energy.

You don't know if that animation was always made for the final version of that game any more then any of you guys knew about the content released post launch from EA, Ubisoft or Activision. If that argument was always it was cut content no matter what the publisher stated, again...keep that same fucking energy as I don't get this idea that suddenly the publisher must be telling the truth, when its a publisher or developer folks are trying to shill for. We wouldn't know when that shit was made regarding this game anymore then when those claims where made for the past several generations regarding other publishers.

One has to logically ask, why the fuck are they planning to sell you something months later that they are working on as oppose to merely delay the game to continue that work in the first place? So I'd say yes, something is very much withheld and saved for DLC, you telling me they read the minds of all the staff to MAKE SURE that idea for the animation was ONLY thought of after the game was released or?

So this is officially a pass for me. I'll buy it used next year or wait for the GOTY edition or something that actually has all the content. Folks on here would have a fucking field day if EA was out here trying to sell animations for a game before it even fucking released, keep the same energy and this developer deserves all of this.

NOT being called EA, or Ubisoft or Activision doesn't mean one is free from this type of criticism or getting a free pass for this scummy behavior.

Call a spade a spade and folks need to stop making excuses for some of theses new teams. Just cause they left a publisher you dislike, doesn't mean they are any better or don't support those questionable practices.

Theses guys are literally now doing shit even worse then EA btw.

[/URL]
For me, I don't care if the dlc is 'content held hostage', made further down the road when they saw great sales for the vanilla version, or planned all along, but wasn't really worked on until the majority of the main game was done.

I don't care.

If I love the game, and want to support the dev team and encourage them to make more content or sequels, I buy the dlc as long as the price is relatively reasonable. Simple as that. I buy dlc and games day one only if I fully like what the devs are making to ensure more content that I love.

I love Mortal Kombat. If everyone, every gamer collectively thought that day one purchases and dlc purchases are wrong and simply wait for a GOTY version when mk12 would come out, MK as an IP would be dead within two months.

My favorite IP dead. Gone. And why? So that I could save myself 40 bucks?

If you love a game and its devs, support them. Buy the game asap and its dlc. Call me a shill all you like, but not buying a game you know you'll love until it's price drops to 10 bucks is not doing your hobby any favors.

If you're not 'sold' on the game, then sure, wait, don't buy dlc, doesn't really matter since that particular title never really interested you.

"BUT I WANT TO NOT BUY THE GAME DAY 1 AND ITS DLC TO SEND THEM A MESSAGE THAT I DON'T SUPPORT THESE PRACTICES!!!"

Except the message that they think you send is that this game isn't good and the IP needs to die.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Season pass in a SP? Why not just release a couple of DLC's while working on a sequel?

I'll probably wait and see how this turns out.. Maybe a complete edition is released later next year.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Xenoblade 2&3 and Mario + Rabbits 1&2 all had season passes, if the quality the DLC is good the why not.
Season passes tend to have an expiration date.
Also I like to play the game - finish it, before hearing about a season pass, especially when it's a story driven single player game. Makes me want to wait to play it, so I don't have to run through the same game multiple times to see what's new.

Danjin44

Season passes tend to have an expiration date.
Also I like to play the game - finish it, before hearing about a season pass, especially when it's a story driven single player game. Makes me want to wait to play it, so I don't have to run through the same game multiple times to see what's new.
Personally if I enjoyed the game enough I will play it multiple times regardless it has DLC or not. I will do same with Callisto Protocol, if like it I will play it 2nd time on harder difficulty, DLC or not.

Edit: Also DLCs like Torna from Xenoblade 2 and Donkey Kong Adventure DLC for original Mario + Rabbits are separate from main game, you dont need to play main game multiple times.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Personally if I enjoyed the game enough I will play it multiple times regardless it has DLC or not. I will do same with Callisto Protocol, if like it I will play it 2nd time on harder difficulty, DLC or not.
Me too. A season pass just doesn't fit in for me, if I have to get stuff done every 3 months. If there were co-op challenges I'd be all in, but it's a single player that should receive content through DLC's not season passes.

I'll wait for the complete edition when it comes out.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Me too. A season pass just doesn't fit in for me, if I have to get stuff done every 3 months. If there were co-op challenges I'd be all in, but it's a single player that should receive content through DLC's not season passes.

I'll wait for the complete edition when it comes out.
I'm opposite in that regard, I have ZERO interest in any co-op or online gaming. If this season pass was about MP then I wouldn't even glance at it, SP DLC the only type of DLC I care about.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
I'm opposite in that regard, I have ZERO interest in any co-op or online gaming. If this season pass was about MP then I wouldn't even glance at it, SP DLC the only type of DLC I care about.
Cool. I rarely revisit single player games after I've platinumed them - Returnal is one of the few exceptions. I waited 4 years to play GoW and will be playing Witcher 3 for the first time in 3 weeks, so I can easily wait for Callisto Protocol to be released in a full package.

For me, I don't care if the dlc is 'content held hostage', made further down the road when they saw great sales for the vanilla version, or planned all along, but wasn't really worked on until the majority of the main game was done.

I don't care.

If I love the game, and want to support the dev team and encourage them to make more content or sequels, I buy the dlc as long as the price is relatively reasonable. Simple as that. I buy dlc and games day one only if I fully like what the devs are making to ensure more content that I love.

I love Mortal Kombat. If everyone, every gamer collectively thought that day one purchases and dlc purchases are wrong and simply wait for a GOTY version when mk12 would come out, MK as an IP would be dead within two months.

My favorite IP dead. Gone. And why? So that I could save myself 40 bucks?

If you love a game and its devs, support them. Buy the game asap and its dlc. Call me a shill all you like, but not buying a game you know you'll love until it's price drops to 10 bucks is not doing your hobby any favors.

If you're not 'sold' on the game, then sure, wait, don't buy dlc, doesn't really matter since that particular title never really interested you.

"BUT I WANT TO NOT BUY THE GAME DAY 1 AND ITS DLC TO SEND THEM A MESSAGE THAT I DON'T SUPPORT THESE PRACTICES!!!"

Except the message that they think you send is that this game isn't good and the IP needs to die.
Yeah. People didnt buy guardians of the galaxy and waited / played on gamepass or psplus even when it reviewed well and won awards at tga. Turns out its a great game. Guess what, no sequel. Ever.
So thanks ?

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Yeah. People didnt buy guardians of the galaxy and waited / played on gamepass or psplus even when it reviewed well and won awards at tga. Turns out its a great game. Guess what, no sequel. Ever.
So thanks ?
I played GotG (on PS+) for 4 hours and never returned to it. Gunplay is really weak and didn't find the story compelling. Glad I didn't pay full price for it.

Danjin44

Why call it a season pass then? The majority of season passes are only available for 3 months and have to be done in 3 months - that's why they're called season passes and not DLC..
You can actually can buy Season pass now for original Mario + Rabbits even tho the game came out in 2017.

Some called expansion pass and some called season pass, but MP games are the only ones with expiration date.

Last edited:
Top Bottom