• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 2023 To Be Revealed On Tuesday, August 1 - Will Reportedly Include New Zombies Mode

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A new report from Insider Gaming which features key dates for Call of Duty 2023 claims the game will have some new zombies mode. Unlike other Call of Duty games, this will not be round-based zombies, it's going to be something else entirely. As of right now, we have no idea what it will look like, but it should be interesting. It's heavily rumored that this year's Call of Duty game will be a continuation of the Modern Warfare series developed by Sledgehammer Games, but we have no idea what that really means at the moment as it's not expected to be Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. As of right now, we'll just have to wait and see, but we may get to see legends like Ghost and Captain Price slaying some zombies by the end of the year.

As reported by Tom Henderson of Insider Gaming, someone with a proven track record of accurate Call of Duty leaks, it seems the next game in the long-running first-person shooter franchise is going to be revealed on Tuesday, August 1. The reveal is said to be taking place as part of an in-game event, following a trend that started with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War's reveal a few years ago. The report indicated that August 1 was "penciled in," so the plans could be in flux.

Matt_Fox

As a big zombies mode fan why do they keep meddling with a formula that used to be so good?

It reached its peak with Black Ops 3 and the Zombies Chronicles compilation.

Since then we've had some okay iterations and some really crappy iterations, but no brilliant ones. Just modernise the graphics but leave the original gameplay mechanics alone.

Aldynes

Zombies mode in COD was right up my alley, sadly I've never liked how the game works with the enemy health system, I prefer to know reliably how many shots one Zombie take instead of arbitrarily scale their HP to the wave you're at, I need basic thing like different zombies variant / color to know in advance which one are tougher and got more HP.

Anyone got the same issue here?

jm89

this-is-the-worst-the-office.gif

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
What happened to call of duty skipping a year? That was all lies? I’m pretty sure it was news that was given like it was official.
Its funny though because I think it was Jason Schreier who either reported or maybe just confirmed that COD was skipping this year and not making a whole new game but instead making paid DLC for the current MW2 and you know how people are "oh BS rumors"

Now Tom Henderson who says we are getting a PS5 Pro next year which people say "We can't believe this guy who is he?" reports we are getting a premium new release from COD but people believe him this time

Salz01

I still think they should have taken a year break between COD. Just release some map packs and new DMZ zones. The COD burnout is real. Can’t stomach forking over another 70 bucks for small iterations and another confusing ass UI.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
As long as it’s Infinity Ward making No Russian 2 and not Sledgehammer

No Russian 2 was basically confirmed at the end of the last game

Last edited:
Its funny though because I think it was Jason Schreier who either reported or maybe just confirmed that COD was skipping this year and not making a whole new game but instead making paid DLC for the current MW2 and you know how people are "oh BS rumors"

Now Tom Henderson who says we are getting a PS5 Pro next year which people say "We can't believe this guy who is he?" reports we are getting a premium new release from COD but people believe him this time
I didn’t even know... wow. That’s crazy.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I liked when they talked about taking breaks between years or something. Of course they'd just go right back to just churning them out every year. I'm definitely over it now. I kept biting on the last few iterations because I still enjoyed the multiplayer, etc. But now I'm tired of it, lol.

NickFire

Kind of surprised its called MW3, and unable to get excited at least until I see something tangible. This game has gone from skipping a year, to being DLC, to being DLC converted to standalone, and now morphs into MW3 allegedly. WTF?

Maybe rumors were all complete garbage. Maybe this was always the plan but downplayed for acquisition reasons (such as surprise announcement as part of MS showcase). But I could also see them racing to get something out, and giving it a bigger name than warranted for pre-orders. Can go so many ways. Time will tell.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
After taking off from CoD for several years I’m actually enjoying the campaigns again - when they’re $20. They also run better than just about every other AAA game while looking fantastic.

Keep them coming.

Last edited:
Why is Sledgehammer Games making this? They have never made a good Call of Duty.
Right? Cold War started as a Sledgehammer game but they had to step away from it after troubled development, then Sledgehammer did Vanguard right after that to much disappointment, and now they’re back again for a go on MW?

It could be that they’re putting Sledgehammer’s freedom to lead development on the chopping block.

The WW2 setting was said to be a factor for Vanguard not meeting expectations; if they piggyback off the success of MW2 and still make a dud, they should be just a support studio.

Last edited:

ARK1391

For a second I thought it was going to be called "Call of Duty 2023". I was thinking wow, they are just treating it like an EA Sports game now huh...

Top Bottom