• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 IOTI Keep Your Friends Close And Your Danger Closer

dorkimoe

Dumb question...i only have Warzone 2, dont own MW2, is there no way to see all your guns and edit the skins or do i have to go and make a new loadout?

Last edited:

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Joy of joys, copped a shadow ban because I was cleaning up in 10v10 on taraq. 80-10 after 2 AC130s, get disconnected from the game and can't solo matchmake without 150+ ping and lobbies full of AFK bots.

9W6TsEn.png
Jo

Are the raids fun? I dont have anyone to play them with though.
Just do what I do and watch them on Youtube. Each of them are about 20min with a small cutscene at the end. If you played DMZ then you will see it is the exact same enemies with some swimming, platforming, and some mild puzzle solving. I watch it once and have zero desire to play it but that's just me. I feel most play to get the Operator Skins it unlocks or for the light story lore. IMO your not missing much.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Joy of joys, copped a shadow ban because I was cleaning up in 10v10 on taraq. 80-10 after 2 AC130s, get disconnected from the game and can't solo matchmake without 150+ ping and lobbies full of AFK bots.

9W6TsEn.png
Jo
Is this shadow banning new to MW2? I don't recall it happening to folks in the other CODs

flying_sq

Excited for season 2, I only play COD normal MP, but this is my first time getting a season pass. I have played on and off racking up free COD points and just got enough for a free battle pass. Interested to see how much more stuff and how much easier it is to get it vs getting just the free stuff.
Finished the battle pass this weekend. Off and on played 1-2 hours of MP, got to around 75%, then busted out the rest this weekend on the camo event and messing around in Invasion using a joker to blow up choppers with AI in it. You get up to 1200xp per a chopper. Most of the stuff in the battle pass feels like complete filler, but I like the war tracks and some of the vehicle camo are cool. The operator skins sucked though. A bunch of random stickers that no one will ever use, I mean c'mon.

flying_sq

Folks, will this go on sale at all? Or any cheap pc deals? I only want to play the single player but don’t want to spend £60+ for a few hours.

I’m not going to get my moneys worth, it’s not something I’m going to invest months of multi player in for example.

Haven’t bought a CoD for a very long time.
PSA, just check on Battlenet app, it's currently 45 until April 24th.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
btw guys I stopped playin the game cuz I got tired of waiting for new content lol but just ping me when a new season roadmap gets shown and I can update the OP.

Sub_Level

OF COURSE THEY ADD VALERIA SHORTLY AFTER I QUIT THE GAME

suck my dick middle finger GIF

AND BASED ALEJANBRO TOO FUCK

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Season 3 is out!
The new maps are cool but I wish they would add some maps from the original MW2.
Regarding Black Gold... being forced to use night vision may not be my favorite but at least it's something new and innovative. Plus it gives the thermal/night vision/etc scopes a reason to exist lol. I like the map layout though.

Last edited:

flying_sq

Season 3 is out!
The new maps are cool but I wish they would add some maps from the original MW2.
Regarding Black Gold... being forced to use night vision may not be my favorite but at least it's something new and innovative. Plus it gives the thermal/night vision/etc scopes a reason to exist lol. I like the map layout though.
I was just walking around in a private match on black gold and had a thought. No NVGs, infected, flashlights on all guns. Would be fun in rotation.

Celcius

°Temp. member
What are these coins for that I keep getting during matches?

Edit: figured it out

Last edited:

DrDamn

Oh, cool. I’ll try to update OP after work. Can you still get all the season 2 guns? Cuz I did everything in S1 but skipped S2.
You won't be able to get the blueprints I don't think, but specifically the new weapons (hemlock and shotgun) you may be able to unlock by exfilling successfully with them in DMZ. So either kill another player who has them or do a friendly swap with a friend.

kikkis

Had great fun playing cyber attack but it's so difficult to matchmake even on rush hour. Mw19 never had these issues even years later.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Is it me but my latency is 4ms but every time I play it seems like i'm getting killed by ppl with much higher latency say around 40+ ms and above.... ?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Today we're asking Billy Billingham, an ex member of the SAS Special Forces to react to the missions of CoD: Modern Warfare 2 (2022), as he uses his extensive experience to break down some of the game's iconic missions.

Mark “Billy” Billingham served in the British SAS for over 20 years, has been responsible for planning and executing strategic operations across the world, is a certified counter terrorism instructor, has led countless hostage rescues, as well as much more.

Previously he worked as an A-list bodyguard for Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, and now acts as Chief Instructor on hit show SAS: Who Dares Wins as well as putting celebrities through gruelling challenges in Fox TV's Special Forces: World's Toughest Test.

But what does he think of the banter between Ghost and Soap in "Alone"? How realistic is Call of Duty's sniping? How does Modern Warfare 2's interrogation scenes match up to reality?

Timestamps:

Intro - 00:00
Strike - Ghost's mask, desert terrain, identifying targets - 01:40
Kill or Capture - Helicopter infiltration & support, breaching, securing evidence - 03:30
Tradecraft - Following & apprehending targets - 08:19
Borderline - Crossing borders, deescalating civilians - 09:40
Cartel Protection - Clearing rooms, automatic fire, cliff jumping - 11:45
Close Air - Calling in AC-130 gunships - 14:23
Recon by Fire - Ghillie suits, sniping - 15:30
Violence & Timing - Falling from helicopter, desert terrain - 17:13
El Sin Nombre - Interrogations & cover stories
Alone - Ghost & Soap's banter, crafting equipment, extracting from enemy lines - 20:37

Sub_Level

Season 4 road map is out. Showdown is back.

4149143-mwii-s04-announcement-rm2.jpg

Also I am now realizing I never updated the OP for season 3…

anyone notice some performance issues on PC?

7800X3D
32 gb DDR5 6000 ram
gen 4 SSD

Before season 4 update I was getting probably ~120 fps average on ultra settings at 1440p ultrawide with DLSS on. Now I'm getting about the same average FPS but I'm getting some stuttering. My 99% FPS is now like 40-60 at times.

Last edited:

Podge

Neo Member
Hi,

I play on PS5 and my friend wants to pick up MW2 for PC on the Summer Sale. He is hesitant because at launch there was a requirement for PC players to provide a phone number. Is that still the case? Thanks.

Edit: clarified friend's platform.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
anyone notice some performance issues on PC?

7800X3D
32 gb DDR5 6000 ram
gen 4 SSD

Before season 4 update I was getting probably ~120 fps average on ultra settings at 1440p ultrawide with DLSS on. Now I'm getting about the same average FPS but I'm getting some stuttering. My 99% FPS is now like 40-60 at times.
No issues on my machine, also using a 3090.

OfRHvyt.png

I've heard some people complain about stuttering in games with ryzen 7000 though. Has it been happening to you in other games too?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Hi,

I play on PS5 and my friend wants to pick up MW2 for PC on the Summer Sale. He is hesitant because at launch there was a requirement for PC players to provide a phone number. Is that still the case? Thanks.

Edit: clarified friend's platform.
I don't recall ever giving activision my phone number

No issues on my machine, also using a 3090.

OfRHvyt.png

I've heard some people complain about stuttering in games with ryzen 7000 though. Has it been happening to you in other games too?
I haven’t noticed it in other games no. What benchmark test is that? How do I access it?

kikkis

Shouldn't have used 1100 cod points I had this season. I got into programming again so, I haven't been playing this enough to complete battlepass.

Sub_Level

Shouldn't have used 1100 cod points I had this season. I got into programming again so, I haven't been playing this enough to complete battlepass.

You will regret your decision. We only get five cod battle passes a year every year.

Celcius

°Temp. member
After season 6 then we're in the post-season, meaning end of life and no more updates right?
Sigh... I'm starting to wish that MW3 had been cancelled.

Top Bottom