• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 IOTI Keep Your Friends Close And Your Danger Closer

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Logo-officiel-Modern-Warfare-2.png

RELEASE DATE: OCTOBER 28, 2022
PLATFORMS: PS5, PS4, XBOX ONE, XBOX SERIES, PC
MAIN DEVELOPER: INFINITY WARD

CAMPAIGN
price1.png
price2.png
price3.png

Modern Warfare II is a sequel to the 2019 reboot simply called 'Modern Warfare'. The campaign follows similar story beats to the original but this is a brand new experience. It takes about 6 to 7 hours to complete. It was available in an early access state to any players who digitally preordered the game, so many players have already beaten it as of the full game's release date.

MULTIPLAYER
Multiplayer will follow the Battle Pass system of recent CoD games. This means that all maps and weapons will be free to all players. Players who purchase seasonal Battle Passes will get exclusive access to cosmetics, including character skins & vehicle skins.

SEASON 2 (FEBRUARY 14, 2023 - TBA)
cHA9IiP.jpg

MODES
  • Free For All
  • Team Deathmatch
  • Domination
  • Hardpoint
  • Headquarters
  • Control
  • Prisoner Rescue
  • Knock Out
  • Search and Destroy
  • Kill Confirmed
  • Ground War
  • Invasion
  • Bounty
  • Cyber Attack
  • Infected
  • Grind
  • Gun Game
MAPS
  • Breenbergh Hotel
  • Mercado Las Almas
  • Taraq
  • Crown Raceway
  • Al Bagra Fortress
  • Zarqwa Hydroelectric
  • Santa Seña Border Crossing
  • Farm 18
  • Embassy
  • El Asilo
  • Shipment
  • Shoothouse
  • Dome
  • Valderas Museum (release date TBA)
~
Ground War Maps
  • Sa’id
  • Sariff Bay
  • Santa Seña
  • Zarqwa Hydroelectric
  • Al Bagra Fortress
  • International Airport
  • Observatory

SPEC OPS
MWII will feature a 2 player Spec Ops cooperative mode which continues the story of the campaign. This mode was not very popular in MW 2019, but is there for players wanting more PVE content.

WARZONE 2
Warzone 2 will launch November 16. It will be free to play, but players who own MWII proper will be able to more easily level their weapons & characters. In addition to the regular Battle Royale mode, a new "DMZ" mode will appear which is said to bear high similarities to Escape From Tarkov. Please see the official blog for Warzone 2 for more info.

MISC INFORMATION

PC Specs
pc-specs.jpg

Endgame Camos
mastery.jpg

Gold is unlocked by getting all the Base Camos for a weapon and completing the newly unlocked Gold challenge.
Platinum is unlocked by getting all the Gold Camos for a weapon category (i.e. all Shotguns or SMGs) and completeing the newly unlocked Platinum challenge.
Polyatomic is unlocked by getting Platinum for any 51 weapons and completing the newly unlocked Polyatomic challenge.
The final camo, Orion, is simply unlocked by completing the Orion challenge which will unlock as soon as you get a Polyatomic camo.

I'll see you on the beach!

Last edited:

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Listen, I'm hijacking this thread early looking for help from non-US GAF. I need that burger man skin. Someone hook me up.

On topic: really enjoyed the campaign more than I thought I would. Loved the beta as well. Really looking forward to this.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Nicely done

I can 100% confirm if you change your Activision account region to New Zealand then do the same with Xbox you can play now but don't try it with Playstation

Last edited:
Finished campaign last night. Overall I liked it. I would have really liked it except that the difficulty got pretty absurd in a few places, even playing on Normal (I'm old, so I'm sure that was part of it). I'm a big fan of both Sicario movies, and the story was basically "what if Sicario had been written by someone who's a lot worse at writing than Taylor Sheridan," which is still a lot better than you get in most games.

anthony2690

Banned
Listen, I'm hijacking this thread early looking for help from non-US GAF. I need that burger man skin. Someone hook me up.

On topic: really enjoyed the campaign more than I thought I would. Loved the beta as well. Really looking forward to this.
I also need the burger man skin 😱

Help your UK Brethrens out!

Early unlock via vpn possible?
Single player is already available to those who preordered. MP on consoles should be possible through region switching although Infinity Ward put out a PSA stating that doing so would give you connection issues and you could be locked out until your regional time.

splattered

Nice OT! I've been way too busy to beat the campaign this week ugh I'm gonna try and power through it today,cim maybe halfway done I think? Want all the unlocks for tomorrow

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Also, churches. Churches and body armor.
I FORGOT ABOUT THAT. Yeah, that was dumb. I ended up running backwards, hiding the corner with a shotgun and just letting them come to me. There's an achievement if you do that map without firing a gun, and I'm just like, 'how?!'

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Single player is already available to those who preordered. MP on consoles should be possible through region switching although Infinity Ward put out a PSA stating that doing so would give you connection issues and you could be locked out until your regional time.
I can confirm if you go into your Activision account and change your region to New Zealand then do the same on Xbox you can play

Hmpf, kill confirmed and gun game are like the best game modes.....

Kill confirmed is in game I see it in the play list

Last edited:

GenericUser

Hey bros, if you wanna play the multiplayer early, set your ACTIVISION account location to new zealand. Not the console account location.

Droxcy

If any EU friend could grab the Burger Town skin that'd be amazing. Sucks to have to wait till 9 PM for PC but it is what it is!

nikos

Really looking forward to playing at midnight! I'm actually excited to try Spec Ops, as I kind of ignored it in MW19 and it'll give us a taste of Al Mazrah.

SkylineRKR

Campaign was okay. I didn't like the survival missions where you need to craft makeshit weapons. Feels like a budget version of TLOU. Some levels, like the first mexico level, were good. But most of the campaign is stealth and not much to shoot actually.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Looks like there's some major changes from the Beta.

- Enemies now have a small red diamond above their heads for help with visibility.
- Bunny hopping has been nerfed. You can still do one hop around corners but it stops your momentum dead once you land. Its basically how it is in the campaign.
- Footstep sound has been decreased, or at least the range you hear it.
- Third person mode stays in third person when you aim. It only goes first-person when you use a high magnification optic like a sniper scope.

OT title should have been ''point a gun to de-escalate''

If there really is the rumored campaign DLC next year then we can use that one lol

Last edited:

Yamisan

Well my dumbass caved in and drunk bought this on ps5 at 3 am. So far I'm enjoying the story mode, fuck that mission where you're in the bomber 90 minutes in. Eventually I went mad and just kept nuking my own team over and over and saw the game over screen 20+ times. In the really bad news I had to delete like 6 games to fit this on the ps5's ssd.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Hows the sbmm? anyone have the lobbies stick together like they claim?
The SBMM is still quite strong as I can have a few pretty decent games then get put in a few esport try hard sweat lobbies.

I have had 1 lobby go straight to next map but every other one has disbanded

Several bugs in this game have had a few crashes and have gotten the bug a few times where you can't click in game to get to the menu and change loadouts

Plus a little info for the PS guys

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
The SBMM is still quite strong as I can have a few pretty decent games then get put in a few esport try hard sweat lobbies.

I have had 1 lobby go straight to next map but every other one has disbanded

Several bugs in this game have had a few crashes and have gotten the bug a few times where you can't click in game to get to the menu and change loadouts

Plus a little info for the PS guys

Does the PlayStation parties work if I make a party with only me in it ?
Sad Cry GIF by Piñata Farms

Boneless

- Enemies now have a small red diamond above their heads for help with visibility.
- Bunny hopping has been nerfed. You can still do one hop around corners but it stops your momentum dead once you land. Its basically how it is in the campaign.
- Third person mode stays in third person when you aim. It only goes first-person when you use a high magnification optic like a sniper scope.

If there really is the rumored campaign DLC next year then we can use that one lol

Well.. I guess all the people screaming they never listen to feedback were wrong.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I see unlock tools already working had a PC player in my lobby with max rank and some sick looking camo, had to be some sort of mix of Gold and Orion

splattered

Nice! Can't wait to check out the QoL changes from beta

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
They REALLY nerfed the camo grind

I have been mainly exploring the new maps just looking around and almost Gold on my M4

Have watched some streamer over the years go for the very high end camos and I just never wanted to put myself through that pain but Orion camo looks like it may be on my plated this COD especially having 2 years to grind it

Top Bottom