• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Worldwide Reveal | Open Beta is coming first to PS4 and PS5

Draugoth

Gold Member
beta-de-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-sera-lancada-primeiro-no-playstation-072519.jpg

The Open Beta will be available to play on PlayStation 5 & PlayStation 4 five days earlier than any other platform.

Pre Order Page for PS5

Pre Order Page for PC (Steam):

There are the Modern Warfare 2 Standard Edition, Cross-Gen Bundle and Vault Edition. The most expensive edition is also said to include the following (all three pre-order editions grant players early access to the open beta ):

CODMW2_Vault-Steam_Bundle-616x347-Beauty_Shot.png
  • STANDARD EDITION CONTENT:
    • Modern Warfare 2
    • Early access to open beta
    • Other items to be announced

• CROSS-GEN BUNDLE CONTENT
    • Cross-Gen version of Modern Warfare 2
    • Early access to open beta – first on PS4 & PS5
    • Other items to be announced

• VAULT EDITION CONTENT
    • Early access to open beta
    • Battle Pass (1 Season) + 50 Tier Skips
    • Red Team Operator Pack – Ghost, Soap, Price, Farah Operators
    • FJX Cinder Weapon Vault
    • 10 hours 2XP, + 10 hours 2WXP
    • Ghost Legacy Pack – 12 Operator Skins & 10 Weapon Blueprints

Modern Warfare II wil be released October 28, 2022 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S|X and PC.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Do they start tracking sales during the pre-order period? If they do, I bet COD dominates the sales charts for those 5 days.

I don't think pre orders are tracked like that, they'll just say something like "and this has been the most pre ordered CoD in history" or something.

jaysius

Banned
People still play COD after that last shitshow? Usually they just build on the bullshit of the last one, no matter what studio. The last one had the worst MTX I've seen. It was pretty hilarious seeing Snoop Dogg running around in WW2, and then all the dumb paid weapon abilities that actually threw the balance off.

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
5 days only ?

Meeting the absolute minimum marketing obligation, I see.
Do tell, how have you come to the conclusion that this is the absolute bare minimum marketing obligation and not standard practice? You seem to be under the misconception that Microsoft can dictate contracts that have been signed prior to an acquisition which has not even gone through yet.

COD Black Ops PS4 early access was 2 days and open beta was 3 days = 5 days total
COD Vanguard PS4/5 Preorder early access was 3 days and open beta was 2 days = 5 days total

Ahh still locking the current gen version behind a larger paywall. Fucking Activision. I’m hoping that being with Microsoft that will change future releases and they will be smart delivery only.

Regardless, I’ll probably just grab the PC version. I’m not paying £70 for this.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Do tell, how have you come to the conclusion that this is the absolute bare minimum marketing obligation and not standard practice? You seem to be under the misconception that Microsoft can dictate contracts that have been signed prior to an acquisition which has not even gone through yet.

COD Black Ops PS4 early access was 2 days and open beta was 3 days = 5 days total
COD Vanguard PS4/5 Preorder early access was 3 days and open beta was 2 days = 5 days total

MW 2019 beta was a week and change if I'm not mistaken. The trend has gotten lower over time, I see.

Wohc

Banned
Wonder how much money such a deal costs. 5 days beta sounds pretty useless to me, but on the other hand the last beta i played was wow classic.

Tripolygon

Banned
MW 2019 beta was a week and change if I'm not mistaken. The trend has gotten lower over time, I see.
No, there were 2 "weekends" of beta

MW 2019 first weekend exclusive to PS4 was Sep 12 -16, second weekend open to all was Sep 19 - 23
COD Black Ops first weekend exclusive to PS4 Oct 8 - 12, second weekend open to all was Oct 15 - 19
COD Vanguard first weekend exclusive PS4/5 Sep 10 - 13, second weekend open to all was Sep 16 - 20

As you can clearly see, it is standard practice, not bare minimum and there is no trend to be gleaned from any of the dates.

Last edited:

manfestival

Yeah I am hyped. That was what I wanted to see. Hopefully the game actually applies some of input(which wasn't too much) that the userbase was providing.

Also lol@jbalvin being used in this trailer.

Kupfer

Will buy it used for the campaign one or two years later. On a hungover sunday you can use mindless banging full of pathos quite well.

Last edited:

H . R . 2

the graphics were underwhelming, I knew they'd butcher the 2019 engine. Also what the hell did they do to my boy McTavish?

I'll reserve my final judgment until after the gameplay reveal tomorrow

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

its infinity ward.. it will be good
Hey man, can't blame me for being cautious! Haha, video games over the last few years have tarnished me.

Diving is back, swimming, and ledge hanging? I'm already more excited about that than I probably should be, lmao.

Matt_Fox

Price and the boys kicking ass!

This looks great, and the Mexico setting will bring something fresh, day one for me.

Top Bottom