• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Vanguard Could Be Start of a New Trilogy

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

According to Sam Maggs, a writer for Call of Duty: Vanguard, the team is setting the table for an entire trilogy. One of the driving forces behind wanting to make Vanguard 2 and Vanguard 3 is that the team believes there are memorable characters as a part of the Vanguard story, and there is more to be told with future games. This information is brand new, as Tochi Onyebuchi and fellow writer on the game noted during the panel.
So, we are hoping that if people love [Vanguard's characters] as much as we do, that we get to continue to tell the story of these people and make them sort of like figureheads for this era of CoD basically.
Something that Maggs said about the characters in the Call of Duty franchise could be a bit controversial. Maggs claimed that the Call of Duty franchise does not have "standout characters," comparing the series to not having a name like Master Chief. Vanguard could have potential standout characters. But many fans of the series would argue that the likes of Captain Price and Sergeant Woods are already beloved, as well as Mason, Soap, Ghost, and others. However, it would still be hard to argue that any of those characters are on the level of Master Chief.

kikkis

I hope so but I doubt it. Only story I have really enjoyed is orig. Mw trilogy. It's a bit simple but I liked it. Advanced warfare and cold war were also decent. Lot of people praise black ops 1 and iw but I didn't really find them particularly cool

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
man can we not have WW2 setting :( make more MW, continue on the reboot.

Last edited:

Gravemind

joker-smile.gif

Top Bottom