• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Vanguard: cover leaked - possible reveal at Sony event

RkOECUY.jpg

UXAVChf.png

ZywyPL

Banned
Looks more like a BF cover of I'm honest. Not my type of setting anyway.

And what is the reason ?
Don’t want to act like a smart ass, I’m genuinely asking because I love WW2 era shooters.

There's only so much you can do with the setting, the arsenal is very limited, you can run with the same old Garand, Thompson etc. only for so long. CoD WWII was a very refreshing title and filled the WWII nostalgia very well IMO for the next decade or so, no need to go back to it again so soon.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Don't know what to make of that cover. I expected a more traditional ww2 look. Oh well, gonna wait for some gameplay.

Data Ghost

Pleased to see the artwork has a black man and a woman front and centre and that the two white dudes are pushed to the back. Ticks progressive diversity box and enforces that white macho males are now bad 🙏

Only complaint I have is that the woman looks a little too feminine (even though there are no curves on show) and its not been made clear if she is a lesbian. Needs to have short or shaved hair otherwise its open to interpretation which will upset some. Also there is no trans representation which I think is a missed opportunity and I hope this addressed before launch.

[Sigma]

If it's alternate reality WWII, then it could work and wouldn't be as dry/dull as the WWII games been when it comes to things like story and weapons. I'm not buying regardless, I don't play COD but still.

GymWolf

Hopefully they are not gonna waste time showing fucking cod.

(I know that cod sells a lot, i was just talking about personal preferences)

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Not sold on WW2 tbh. Could still be good. Please dont spend 10 -15 mins of your next state of play showing this Sony.

carlosrox

Banned
NOOOOO! I SEE PALM TREES! (edit: hmm well I also see snow, desert, etc...)

GIVE ME GODDAMN WARZONE IN WW2 FRANCE FFS I DON'T WANT NO GODDAMN JAPANESE ISLAND!!

YOU HEAR ME COD?!?!?!?!?!

ps. I don't have any interest in the actual game haha, just the WZ stuff. I'm all in on WZ.

Last edited:

old-parts

More boring WW2 shoehorned into modern tastes.

I really wish they could just move on beyond WW2 and create their own universe if they want to go down this path.

Data Ghost

Maybe that's where we are all mistaken. It may not be World War 2, but rather Woke War 2.

The 2 white dudes in the background are actually the enemy of the game as we all know its wrong to be a white man and they are all bad by default. The hero's of the game are members of the LGBTQIA+ community and BLM movement fighting back against inequality, homophobia, and racism. Day one purchase! Maybe even a double dip.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
That mastercraft skin looks all kinds of amazing.

I've bought CoD almost every year on day 1 (except for MW3 and Ghosts) but it looks like this year will be another exception. The last few CoD's all had *major* issues at launch and I doubt, especially considering how tightlipped Acti are this year, that Vanguard will be any better on launch either. Time will have to tell I suppose.

Last edited:
Guys.

It's an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE WORLD WAR 2 setting (apparently).

Apologies for using a bigger font, just wanted to make the clear since some are complaining it looks either a generic WW2 setting, or the the game isn't sticking close to the time period - which both are addressed if the above information is understood at the offset.

Now then,

call the midwife GIF by PBS

VN1X

Banned
Maybe that's where we are all mistaken. It may not be World War 2, but rather Woke War 2.

The 2 white dudes in the background are actually the enemy of the game as we all know its wrong to be a white man and they are all bad by default. The hero's of the game are members of the LGBTQIA+ community and BLM movement fighting back against inequality, homophobia, and racism. Day one purchase! Maybe even a double dip.
Dude shut the fuck up lol.

I'm cringing so hard I lost a few years off my life probably.

carlosrox

Banned
Serious question: why is there never an Asian guy front and centre? Or an Indian guy?

Not "sexy" enough? Not TRENDY enough!

Blacks are the only ones that exist besides whites! And they only started to exist the last few years when people started complaining enough!

They're not doing it for the diversity dollar, they're doing it because they really care! Cuz the upper management aren't all rich white dudes, SUDDENLY BEHIND THE SCENES THEY ALL BECAME DIVERSE!!! They secretly transformed behind the scenes and became black dudes and white women!

Fuck your transparent bullshit and anybody too stupid to see through it.

For the record I don't actually give two fucks that they're doing this, I don't give two shits about seeing more/less white guys, I just find it so incredibly tacky and fake that they think any of this comes off as genuine. But the people who actually pretend to care about this apparently love condescension and blatant pandering since they're THAT desperate for token representation.

pathetic.gif

BlackM1st

Banned
Pleased to see the artwork has a black man and a woman front and centre and that the two white dudes are pushed to the back. Ticks progressive diversity box and enforces that white macho males are now bad 🙏

Only complaint I have is that the woman looks a little too feminine (even though there are no curves on show) and its not been made clear if she is a lesbian. Needs to have short or shaved hair otherwise its open to interpretation which will upset some. Also there is no trans representation which I think is a missed opportunity and I hope this addressed before launch.
Word. This shit is so tiresome and stupid.

Off: Samsung introduced new foldables phones yesterday. Fold 3 and flip 3. Not a single male in the promo videos from Samsung. Not even black guys. Nope.

They also used kpop band lmao

Haven't you heard? Females dominate 2.000$ bleeding edge tech phone market!

Airbus Jr

Banned
Serious question: why is there never an Asian guy front and centre? Or an Indian guy?

Blacks are the only ones that exist besides whites! And they only started to exist the last few years when people started complaining enough!

They're not doing it for the diversity dollar, they're doing it because they really care! Cuz the upper management aren't all rich white dudes, SUDDENLY BEHIND THE SCENES THEY ALL BECAME DIVERSE!!! They secretly transformed behind the scenes and became black dudes and white women!

For the record I don't actually give two fucks that they're doing this, I don't give two shits about seeing more/less white guys, I just find it so incredibly tacky and fake that they think any of this comes off as genuine. But the people who actually pretend to care about this apparently love condescension and blatant pandering since they're THAT desperate for token representation.

pathetic.gif
Prob because african american are the second biggest demographics in US

When hispanics and asians growing more and more they will appear more often

Last edited:
Looks like alternative history, alright. And I’m fine with that, WW2 (or even worse Vietnam) should never be used again, we had enough. Polina chick looks hot, it says CCCP on her sleeve. Female warriors were badass in WW2. Everything looks good.

I’m not bothered by black dude, they need to get those brownie points. And you’ll get to choose your own dude in mp as always. Asian men get shafted again.

makaveli60

I wonder if Jason Schreier will be happy with the cover, plenty of diversity there, or maybe not enough

pathetic.gif
I love this place.

Top Bottom