• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Vanguard: cover leaked - possible reveal at Sony event

Reizo Ryuu

Unless the "alternate" ww2 setting introduces some wacky shit, I'm good with cold war.
Has a woman and black guy leading the charge
You are seeing things that aren't there, all 4 are moving from left to right, but the woman is standing still, in fact she's posed in the opposite way making her more of a scout with the sniper rifle.
So if anything the guy after her is "leading the charge" , but this is not a thing, it's just 4 people with guns moving

The actual weird thing is them being dressed for winter, with palm trees in the background.

niilokin

that cover art looks weird as fuck, one guy in a hurry, the woman doing sightseeing and the guy in the back pointing his rifle at teammates. and no one wearing a helmet. looks like player characters in action :messenger_beaming: :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
silent night deadly night part 2 trash GIF

I think "alternative WW2" is such a horrible idea. The only game that ever made it work was Wolfenstein but it was so over the top everybody just rolled with it. Alternative or not, Battlefield is looking pretty sweet this year.

MiguelItUp

what's woke about this? I'm actually confused. Copying BFV?
I'm assuming because there's a black man and a woman present? I don't know, feels like a stretch to me. If anything, it's slightly pandering. But then again, if there were other ethnicities as well, people would still say it's woke. So I usually try not to pay too much attention to that being brought up, lol.
That's...another 4 player co-op game isn't it?
Yeah, if the zombies rumor is true. I really liked zombies when it was birthed in World at War, but man, since then it just feels stale to me at this point. Also, wouldn't this be the first time a new COD game has zombies back to back with a previous Treyarch COD with zombies? That's..... a lot of zombies, lmao.

Votron

I'm assuming because there's a black man and a woman present? I don't know, feels like a stretch to me. If anything, it's slightly pandering. But then again, if there were other ethnicities as well, people would still say it's woke. So I usually try not to pay too much attention to that being brought up, lol.

Yeah, if the zombies rumor is true. I really liked zombies when it was birthed in World at War, but man, since then it just feels stale to me at this point. Also, wouldn't this be the first time a new COD game has zombies back to back with a previous Treyarch COD with zombies? That's..... a lot of zombies, lmao.
Yea I kind of get the gist after this kid kept repeating him/herself.. Anything other than a Male white Caucasian is woke now? smh

Red-Town

Maybe that's where we are all mistaken. It may not be World War 2, but rather Woke War 2.

The 2 white dudes in the background are actually the enemy of the game as we all know its wrong to be a white man and they are all bad by default. The hero's of the game are members of the LGBTQIA+ community and BLM movement fighting back against inequality, homophobia, and racism. Day one purchase! Maybe even a double dip.
Tell us how you really feel about having people of color on the front.

Pleased to see the artwork has a black man and a woman front and centre and that the two white dudes are pushed to the back. Ticks progressive diversity box and enforces that white macho males are now bad 🙏

Only complaint I have is that the woman looks a little too feminine (even though there are no curves on show) and its not been made clear if she is a lesbian. Needs to have short or shaved hair otherwise its open to interpretation which will upset some. Also there is no trans representation which I think is a missed opportunity and I hope this addressed before launch.
I get that this is a sarcastic post but on the real note - if you have an issue with a person of different color or gender being on front cover you are just as a bad racist as the SJWs themselves.

Look man I can't stand SJWs either or cancel culture, but this is also just as immature and silly. Get over it.

Data Ghost

I get that this is a sarcastic post but on the real note - if you have an issue with a person of different color or gender being on front cover you are just as a bad racist as the SJWs themselves.

Look man I can't stand SJWs either or cancel culture, but this is also just as immature and silly. Get over it.
I think you have me wrong, I have no issue with anyone regardless or race or religion. What I do have issue with is these companies purely doing it as a tick box exercise. It’s not sincere, it’s fake on their part because they are too scared about being called out otherwise.

Because of that it’s always cringe when it’s so blatantly forced. Some are much worse the others of course, where they are literally ‘black? Check? Gender neutral? Check, potentially gay? Check, butch woman with no femininity on show whatsoever? Check. Think a little bit further than how things appear on the surface. These companies are not being progressive and these companies do not care when it’s pride month…regardless of the fact their Twitter picture has become a rainbow.

I think you have me wrong, I have no issue with anyone regardless or race or religion. What I do have issue with is these companies purely doing it as a tick box exercise. It’s not sincere, it’s fake on their part because they are too scared about being called out otherwise.

Because of that it’s always cringe when it’s so blatantly forced. Some are much worse the others of course, where they are literally ‘black? Check? Gender neutral? Check, potentially gay? Check, butch woman with no femininity on show whatsoever? Check. Think a little bit further than how things appear on the surface. These companies are not being progressive and these companies do not care when it’s pride month…regardless of the fact their Twitter picture has become a rainbow.
They care about 1 thing and 1 thing only. $$$ and they will cater to whoever and try to get support from whoever when its most convenient.

As a business individual myself I understand it, but yes, there are companies out there that absolutely over do it.

Dream-Knife

Banned
Serious question: why is there never an Asian guy front and centre? Or an Indian guy?

Not "sexy" enough? Not TRENDY enough!

Blacks are the only ones that exist besides whites! And they only started to exist the last few years when people started complaining enough!

They're not doing it for the diversity dollar, they're doing it because they really care! Cuz the upper management aren't all rich white dudes, SUDDENLY BEHIND THE SCENES THEY ALL BECAME DIVERSE!!! They secretly transformed behind the scenes and became black dudes and white women!

Fuck your transparent bullshit and anybody too stupid to see through it.

For the record I don't actually give two fucks that they're doing this, I don't give two shits about seeing more/less white guys, I just find it so incredibly tacky and fake that they think any of this comes off as genuine. But the people who actually pretend to care about this apparently love condescension and blatant pandering since they're THAT desperate for token representation.

pathetic.gif
Judging by the rifle (enfield mk 4) that's a british troop. The Brits had African colonies.

rkofan87

Gold Member
Pleased to see the artwork has a black man and a woman front and centre and that the two white dudes are pushed to the back. Ticks progressive diversity box and enforces that white macho males are now bad 🙏

Only complaint I have is that the woman looks a little too feminine (even though there are no curves on show) and its not been made clear if she is a lesbian. Needs to have short or shaved hair otherwise its open to interpretation which will upset some. Also there is no trans representation which I think is a missed opportunity and I hope this addressed before launch.
this post wins.

can cod move on from WW2 please the only way i would be ok with a WW2 game is if it ran a whole new engine with destruction and gun animations of MW2019.

Word. This shit is so tiresome and stupid.

Off: Samsung introduced new foldables phones yesterday. Fold 3 and flip 3. Not a single male in the promo videos from Samsung. Not even black guys. Nope.

They also used kpop band lmao

Haven't you heard? Females dominate 2.000$ bleeding edge tech phone market!

yep if your a dude forget it na the ones who are going to buy cod are middle age women yep LOL

twilo99

IW8 is amazing, the game will be much better than cold war.

I hear they've been working on a fancy anti-cheat system that is supposed to come along with cod 2021, which would be amazing for warzone as well.

Last edited:
What in the HOLY JESUS CHRIST am I looking at!? A black man and a woman with two 50 year old men, all without helmets by the way, in the Pacific theater of WWII? Or Vietnam? This is the gayest shit I've ever fucking seen. I never thought a company would ever make an even worse version of Battlefield V after that obvious failure.

wipeout364

So was Cold War more of a treyarch game? I was thinking about this and I am unclear. Treyarch released COD BLOPS 4 in 2018, Infinity Ward released MW remake in 2019, in 2020 we got BLOPS Cold War which I kind of thought was Treyarch bailing out Sledgehammer, but it turns out Vanguard is the Sledgehammer game, one year late and still a mess? Does anybody have a better understanding of what is going on with Sledgehammer?

Reizo Ryuu

we got BLOPS Cold War which I kind of thought was Treyarch bailing out Sledgehammer, but it turns out Vanguard is the Sledgehammer game, one year late and still a mess? Does anybody have a better understanding of what is going on with Sledgehammer?
Apparantly Treyarch stepped in and the basically scrapped most what Sledgehammer made, refitting what was theirs for the new campaign Treyarch made, and then they basically made the rest with Raven.
The newest MP mode double agent was made with them teaming up with Activision Shanghai.

Last edited:

wipeout364

Apparantly Treyarch stepped in and the basically scrapped most what Sledgehammer made, refitting what was theirs for the new campaign Treyarch made, and then they basically made the rest with Raven.
The newest MP mode double agent was made with them teaming up with Activision Shanghai.
Treyarch are serious workhorses for activision. Hopefully they have enough time to put together their next game.

Filth

I for one am happy they have a woman leading the charge in war. Equality for every one, even woman getting their heads blown the fuck off with a 50 cal.

avoiding this one big time. cold war hard crashed my ps5 few times and never played it again and even after 8 months, still hearing the same problem. wouldnt be surprised if this junk is also unoptimised and crap just like cold war. activision will just not bother updating it because they'll have the usual cucks buying it every year full price😒

Calverz

avoiding this one big time. cold war hard crashed my ps5 few times and never played it again and even after 8 months, still hearing the same problem. wouldnt be surprised if this junk is also unoptimised and crap just like cold war. activision will just not bother updating it because they'll have the usual cucks buying it every year full price😒
Cold War had a 2 year development cycle. This game has had 4 years. Hopefully be better.

Cold War had a 2 year development cycle. This game has had 4 years. Hopefully be better.
that doesnt matter the fact that they released it in that state is quite obvious for greed and hearing the rumours about vanguard's development, doesnt make it any better that this will be even remotely decent. cod's been hot garbage since mw2 imo.

Kerotan

It just looks like MW2019 was a one off good game and they're back to pushing out garbage.
I haven't bought black ops but tbh that outbreak mode is awesome. I've played it the weeks it was a free trial. Campaign is prob decent too.

Treyarch are serious workhorses for activision. Hopefully they have enough time to put together their next game.

Yeah no, lets not forget how Treyarch fucked themselves as well after having 2 years to work on their new game. BLOPS 4 came out as a Battle Royale only game which we all know is BS , it was later internally confirmed the whole process was a shitshow and campaign was scrapped. Instead in 2 years they made a BR map and 6 multiplayer maps....

Last edited:

Concern

I haven't bought black ops but tbh that outbreak mode is awesome. I've played it the weeks it was a free trial. Campaign is prob decent too.

I only tried the first free trial and never again. Zombies was fun but not worth full price imo.

SpokkX

I am surprised people on this forum play CoD

i figured most people that actually create an account here dropped yearly crap like this already

Top Bottom