• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Vanguard: cover leaked - possible reveal at Sony event

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

Is that Quiet?
d216306eb6a5b3587193d7a90a627e0b.jpg

Serious question: why is there never an Asian guy front and centre? Or an Indian guy?

Not "sexy" enough? Not TRENDY enough!

Blacks are the only ones that exist besides whites! And they only started to exist the last few years when people started complaining enough!

They're not doing it for the diversity dollar, they're doing it because they really care! Cuz the upper management aren't all rich white dudes, SUDDENLY BEHIND THE SCENES THEY ALL BECAME DIVERSE!!! They secretly transformed behind the scenes and became black dudes and white women!

Fuck your transparent bullshit and anybody too stupid to see through it.

For the record I don't actually give two fucks that they're doing this, I don't give two shits about seeing more/less white guys, I just find it so incredibly tacky and fake that they think any of this comes off as genuine. But the people who actually pretend to care about this apparently love condescension and blatant pandering since they're THAT desperate for token representation.

pathetic.gif

You sure do have a lot to say for someone who doesnt actually give two fucks.

Arsic

Gold Member
What in the HOLY JESUS CHRIST am I looking at!? A black man and a woman with two 50 year old men, all without helmets by the way, in the Pacific theater of WWII? Or Vietnam? This is the gayest shit I've ever fucking seen. I never thought a company would ever make an even worse version of Battlefield V after that obvious failure.

The gayest thing I've ever seen, and I've been to a pride parade, is grown men vaping.

This game is the most hetero shit there is, and after I'm done eating some pussy I will pre order the ultimate edition to play with my bros.

Moochi

A vanguard is a military force sent ahead of a main force to scout, prepare an area for attack, to lead the way.

I'm hoping that it isn't a World War 2 game set in multiple areas across the globe as the leaked images suggest. It would be far cooler if it was a time war, set across multiple locations and time periods, and there were rules that allowed taking only limited future tech back.

onesvenus

Seeing this it doesn't seem like it will be revealed in any Sony event.
Does that mean there won't be a Sony event? 😔

4FdUHSw.jpg

Elios83

So will there be a Sony event on August the 19th or what???

If that's the case it should be announced today or at worst tomorrow but I doubt it.
Imo they will do something at the beginning of September and they'll have the full gameplay COD demo there, GTAV PS5 footage, the PS2 GTA trilogy remaster announcement and more stuff.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So what's the alternative?
Dont make it so obvious doing a 180.

It's like most companies catering to Pride month in June.

Check out all the company logos and I'd say about 30% change their logo to be rainbow colours when Pride month is the trend. It already passed, but next year check out Linkedin job boards where it's an easy way to see tons of job postings and logos one after another.

The second July flips over, all the logos change back to normal and you dont hear anything about supporting Pride people till next year. My company is the same. Once July rolls around, there will be zero content, company emails and memos about supporting gay and lesbians until next year around May when it leads up to it in June.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Dont make it so obvious doing a 180.

It's like most companies catering to Pride month in June.

Check out all the company logos and I'd say about 30% change their logo to be rainbow colours when Pride month is the trend. It already passed, but next year check out Linkedin job boards where it's an easy way to see tons of job postings and logos one after another.

The second July flips over, all the logos change back to normal and you dont hear anything about supporting Pride people till next year. My company is the same. Once July rolls around, there will be zero content, company emails and memos about supporting gay and lesbians until next year around May when it leads up to it in June.

I guess that's my question as far as the cover is concerned. How would they not make it obvious? And a 2nd question.........is it really that bad that it is an obvious change?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I guess that's my question as far as the cover is concerned. How would they not make it obvious? And a 2nd question.........is it really that bad that it is an obvious change?
Less obvious would be making media as a whole more representative of real life demographics. But the trend lately is jam as many minorities and niche groups into a picture, tv ad or game.

IMO, it is bad because all they are doing is catering to political trends to cash in. As I said about pride month, the second it's over there's no brownie points or cash ins till next June. It's an ignored segment till next year.

It can also go overboard with ridiculous content like BF's mother and teenage daughter team saving the world from real life WWII events.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
So what's the alternative?

Like I said they can keep doing it but they have to know how fake it looks right now.

Why not focus on another race that's not so trendy? If diversity is the real reason then it doesn't need to be this transparent focus on black men/women.

Like I said earlier, give us a COD that focuses on one character, make it an Asian guy for example. Or an Indian guy.

Way before it was trendy I thought it would have been legitimately cool to have an RE lead character that was black. Had nothing to do with virtue signaling or anything. I thought on my own terms as a kid that hey, we don't see this often, would be pretty cool to have a black lead. And that still hasn't happened. But you don't see me going on crying about the RE team racist or any of that shit. And yeah there were Sheva, but for some reason I specifically thought black male would be cool. And Sheva was the secondary character anyhow.

But the point is they should be doing this cuz they really want to, not because of societal pressures. What they're doing lacks any confidence. It feels entirely forced and pander-y.

Did you see anyone (except for the biggest idiots) complain about Faith in Mirror's Edge? There was no trend to insert Asian women into games at the time and it felt totally natural and like something they actually wanted to do. And nobody complained about it, nobody thought it felt forced.

That's how you do proper representation, by actually wanting to do it and making lead characters that are "minorities".

elliot5

Like I said they can keep doing it but they have to know how fake it looks right now.

Why not focus on another race that's not so trendy? If diversity is the real reason then it doesn't need to be this transparent focus on black men/women.

Like I said earlier, give us a COD that focuses on one character, make it an Asian guy for example. Or an Indian guy.
Black Americans made up a significant number of WW2 veterans compared to other minorities. I don't see why it would be problematic to feature one on a cover for WW2 era games. I am pretty sure no matter the situation or "trendiness" there would always be someone like you that would claim it's forced diversity and fake.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

Way before it was trendy I thought it would have been legitimately cool to have an RE lead character that was black. Had nothing to do with virtue signaling or anything. I thought on my own terms as a kid that hey, we don't see this often, would be pretty cool to have a black lead. And that still hasn't happened. But you don't see me going on crying about the RE team racist or any of that shit. And yeah there were Sheva, but for some reason I specifically thought black male would be cool. And Sheva was the secondary character anyhow.

But the point is they should be doing this cuz they really want to, not because of societal pressures. What they're doing lacks any confidence. It feels entirely forced and pander-y.

Did you see anyone (except for the biggest idiots) complain about Faith in Mirror's Edge? There was no trend to insert Asian women into games at the time and it felt totally natural and like something they actually wanted to do. And nobody complained about it, nobody thought it felt forced.

That's how you do proper representation, by actually wanting to do it and making lead characters that are "minorities".

- It seems like if they do what you wanted RE to do, they'd still have some gamers say that they are pandering to societal pressures.
- And how do we know COD is doing it now for that reason. Maybe they just wanted to point out these people on the cover. I honestly have no idea either way.
- In your opinion if the woman on the cover was a white guy, would you feel the same way? Like......is it the combination of the black guy "and" the woman that feels pander-y?

Top Bottom