• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Vanguard is getting a free trial just 2 weeks after launch

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Players will be able to sample Vanguard’s entire multiplayer offering for four full days beginning on November 18 at 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm GMT.

While publisher Activision has a history of running free Call of Duty multiplayer weekends, Vanguard’s first one is uncharacteristically early in the game’s lifecycle

It follows reports of relatively weak sales in the UK.

Last edited:
Mw2019 the maps were aweful the gunplay was the goat , in vanguard the maps are ok to good but the gunplay is God awful , u die literally faster than hardcore modes takes 2 bullets to kill someone with the first unlocked gun making the experience not enjoyable atall
+ Zombies mode this time is aweful
No 2v2 no groundwars it's just aweful all around

kingfey

Banned
Mw2019 the maps were aweful the gunplay was the goat , in vanguard the maps are ok to good but the gunplay is God awful , u die literally faster than hardcore modes takes 2 bullets to kill someone with the first unlocked gun making the experience not enjoyable atall
+ Zombies mode this time is aweful
No 2v2 no groundwars it's just aweful all around
The game needed most of activision studios to release it on time.

They could have delayed 1 more year, and iron it out. But its activision. Money first, then fixing is next.

Nvzman

The game needed most of activision studios to release it on time.

They could have delayed 1 more year, and iron it out. But its activision. Money first, then fixing is next.
Thats funny because Modern Warfare was a broken piece of shit with no content at all at launch. Remember 6 absolutely godawful 6v6 maps at launch? And spec ops that would crash all the time and was basically unplayable? And how the servers were unplayable for days after launch?

To be honest, Vanguard is easily the most content-dense COD since like, what, Black Ops 3? It has 16 maps, a shitload of guns, operator xp skins, plus campaign and zombies (even if zombies sucks ass). I'm personally having a lot of fun with Vanguard, its way more fun than the absolutely dogshit experience I had with Modern Warfare (camping in corners with M4/725/Claymore was the worst fucking thing I've ever had to play) and isn't as content-starved as Cold War (which I think plays the best but it has the worst content, the guns really aren't as interesting).

kingfey

Banned
Thats funny because Modern Warfare was a broken piece of shit with no content at all at launch. Remember 6 absolutely godawful 6v6 maps at launch? And spec ops that would crash all the time and was basically unplayable? And how the servers were unplayable for days after launch?

To be honest, Vanguard is easily the most content-dense COD since like, what, Black Ops 3? It has 16 maps, a shitload of guns, operator xp skins, plus campaign and zombies (even if zombies sucks ass). I'm personally having a lot of fun with Vanguard, its way more fun than the absolutely dogshit experience I had with Modern Warfare (camping in corners with M4/725/Claymore was the worst fucking thing I've ever had to play) and isn't as content-starved as Cold War (which I think plays the best but it has the worst content, the guns really aren't as interesting).
If that is the case, i might try it this weekend. If its good, i will buy it.

Also, how is windows 11 for the gaming?

Last edited:

Codes 208

Battlefield 2042 airplane is atrocious. You cant hit any building at all. Your airplane will glide, when it hits a building.

Only Halo is good so far. But that one has battle pass issues, but gameplay wise, its good.
I never said it was good, i only said its coming to share cod’s lunch.

I mean thats fine. Its not like you will get your fill of MP in just 4 days if you are a fan of this type of gameplay. I think this is a good marketing thing for any game, to give a try and see if it hooks you or not, instead of buying and realizing the MP is not your thing.

Awesome, if you’ve been on the fence then definitely give this a go. I really enjoyed this one! I barely have time to play outside of some evenings but I tried to squeeze time in on this whenever I could.

Drizzlehell

Banned
The pricing on this thing is horrendous and it's the only thing holding me back from checking it out. They should really start selling these games per module. I always like to play COD campaigns at least once when they come out so if I don't wanna go for the multiplayer because I'm still playing MW multiplayer and don't wanna switch to anything else for now, then it would be nice if I could buy just the campaign for like a third of the price of the entire package.

Or better yet, do it like Halo - sell the campaign, which is something that usually takes up the most resources during development anyway, and release the MP mode free to play because Activision's gonna milk it for battle passes and cosmetics anyway. Asking customers to pay 70 bucks for this microtransaction-riddled, bug infested, content-deprived fast food trash is so disgustingly avaricious.

And no one even pays attention anymore because they conditioned us to be completely numb to these predatory, anti-consumer practices.

Last edited:
Too much competition this year with BF and especially Halo. Trial is all good but I already know I will probably like it. Give me a multiplayer only version with a slashed price and I'm in.

Agreed. I don't even need Zombies to be with it.
It still bugs me that they've only done it with Black Ops 3. But they released a multiplayer stand-alone version for $15 and I feel like that's the best way to approach yearly COD games moving forward. I just wished that they continued to do that with the newer releases.

Derktron

Banned
Call of Duty has lost it's touched, people I know are more interested in Halo and Battlefield than Call of Duty and those people are the ones that buy it every year like they do with NBA2K

Delt31

one of the best CODs - plays really well on PC, so many maps. Really great game although I love WW2.

Last edited:

RaptorGTA

My first thought was "sales arent looking to hot and Halo is hurting them". Loving Halo, its pulling me away from BF. Ill try COD to see how it is.

Kagero

The game is good. It just feels tired compared to the other two big FPS games coming out. The people who decided to do another old-timey shooter need to get fired.

Ceadeus

Battlefield 2042 airplane is atrocious. You cant hit any building at all. Your airplane will glide, when it hits a building.

Only Halo is good so far. But that one has battle pass issues, but gameplay wise, its good.
Yeah right! The progression in Halo is frustrating, they have to tweak it asap

Just give me Modern Warfare 2, please.

WW2 feels so overused and tired at this point. I know people obviously must still like WW2-era shooters as Hell Let Loose seems as though it is doing well, but that's a much more grounded take than what CoD offers.

DragonNCM

Players will be able to sample Vanguard’s entire multiplayer offering for four full days beginning on November 18 at 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm GMT.

While publisher Activision has a history of running free Call of Duty multiplayer weekends, Vanguard’s first one is uncharacteristically early in the game’s lifecycle

It follows reports of relatively weak sales in the UK.
Why 4 days trial ?
When you can put that fail game on gamepass.......permanently........:)

TexMex

Hope people try it out.

I bought it for the trophy list. Loved the campaign and I’m still playing multiplayer. Way better than I expected/let people convince me.

MiguelItUp

I didn't play the first open beta, but apparently the final build of the game was much improved over the beta.
Honestly on my PC, Vanguard at launch played light years better than Cold War at launch. Better optimization and performance. It feels better than beta too, though I'm not sure what they adjusted.

It IS still COD, so take that for what it's worth, but I enjoyed it more than Cold War. Not a horrible game, and definitely one of the better ones IMO.

I haven't touched the campaign, and probably never will. I've hit prestige in multiplayer, and I haven't played in a bit. So, I think that kind of says a lot, haha.

Top Bottom