• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Vanguard is getting a free trial just 2 weeks after launch

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
COD MP gameplay is largely unchanged since COD4.
Each new COD game is basically a different era and new maps on MP.

The biggest innovation in COD MP has been warzone, the traditional MP cod formula is pretty burnt out now.
I think they are better off there stand alone COD games just having a campaign and zombies. They should focus there MP efforts on only Warzone, and which each new game release have a new warzone map and innovations which tie into each new campaign release.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Nice to see COD get rocked a little between lower sales and BF and Halo maybe will get a reboot of some form.

I will try it even though wasn't impressed with the beta though do not see the free trial on the stores yet

I really like the multiplayer in this one, did not enjoy Cold War but did enjoy MW before that.
I think its worth a download for anyone who enjoyed MW

lem0n

Willing to give it a go but with the SBMM and ultra low time-to-kill the last few years these games aren't really for me anymore. Way too sweaty. Last one I really loved was BO3

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
The beta was so bad, but I can't say no to 4 days free gameplay. Maybe i'll get my annual dose of "cod" and be done with it:messenger_smiling_horns:.

Hugare

I think its crazy how fragmented Call of Duty online scene is, and I wonder why?

There are people playing MW, WW 2, Cold War, Warzone and now Vanguard ...

Are they that much different? Does people really jump from one to the other without feeling fatigue?

At least Battlefield games are launched every 2-3 years

Last edited:

manfestival

There are just too many games... especially shooters I would rather play over Vanguard at the moment. This includes Warzone.

Also the beta experience was worse for me than BF2042. Granted I plan on playing BF2042 and I did not buy into Vanguard.

Last edited:

Arun1910

BF2042 to my dismay is fucking awful on so many levels.

Tried COD for the first time since MW2019 and its great. Lots of map, gunplay feels good, gunsmith is good, maps are much smaller with constant engagement.

Had changed a lot since the Beta so I'd suggest people try it out.

Does it grow as it streams in the textures during gameplay?
If you allow it to, yes. That's optional though, and there are settings where you can set the cache size. The absolute max amount you can allow is 24GB I believe, which even with the 36-38GB of the base game, puts it waaaaay below other COD titles. They did a fairly good job with getting that size down.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Still dont see the free access download on the stores.

awkward pulp fiction GIF

Players will be able to sample Vanguard’s entire multiplayer offering for four full days beginning on November 18 at 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm GMT.

While publisher Activision has a history of running free Call of Duty multiplayer weekends, Vanguard’s first one is uncharacteristically early in the game’s lifecycle

It follows reports of relatively weak sales in the UK.
When will Call of Doodee finally die?
Time to give it a try, last one I bought was back with mw2019.
Save your money

Kerotan

I mean thats fine. Its not like you will get your fill of MP in just 4 days if you are a fan of this type of gameplay. I think this is a good marketing thing for any game, to give a try and see if it hooks you or not, instead of buying and realizing the MP is not your thing.
But you will get all the guns ranked up for warzone which I plan on doing.

jaysius

Banned
Bobby Kotick might be getting a free trial in the future too.

This is an odd and desperate move by Activision.

I wouldn't be shocked if BF 2042 had more than the initial 10 hour trial in the near future.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Who wants to toss 60 bucks into this dumpster fire when Halo Infinite is GOATing for free this season.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
As much as I appreciate the trial if they are wanting me to buy this game then don't go cheap and stick me on last gens version.

Let me download the Series X version and play in 120 fps unless I missed something as it shows Durango version for the trial.

Just started to download it from PS store as it shows its the PS5 version will see if it has 120 fps option

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Update the trial on PS is the PS5 version with 120 fps support while the Xbox version is the Xbox One version locked at 60 fps no support for Xbox Series consoles

Sosokrates

Update the trial on PS is the PS5 version with 120 fps support while the Xbox version is the Xbox One version locked at 60 fps no support for Xbox Series consoles

Its says its xbkx series optimised.

And file info says its gen 9 Scarlett.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Where do I download this on PS5? I search Vanguard on PSN Store and I only see the option to buy the game

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Where do I download this on PS5? I search Vanguard on PSN Store and I only see the option to buy the game

Click on store there is a must see section vanguard should be the first one click that then on bottom of all the vanguard downloads

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Played a few games and its pretty similer to any other cod.

Im a bit tired of the normal cod formula, prefer warzone.

Think Ill return to the new home alone movie on Disney+ I thought it was going to be trash but its quite funny 😂

Last edited:

MastAndo

Gold Member
Game is frenetic as all hell, but still pretty fun if you can accept that you're going to die a bunch and sometimes in ways you have no means of preventing. It may be a hair TOO hectic for my liking ultimately, with the insanely fast TTK and all, but it is what it is.

...and not to harp on a topic that's been beaten to death in the Halo thread, but going from that progression system to this is a breath of fresh air. I know it's apples and oranges with a F2P vs full-priced game, but the simpleton in me just likes seeing the meters go up after each match while unlocking useful items early and often. I'm not sure I'll bite on it when the trial is up, but there definitely seems to be a lot of content here.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Blackops Cold War had one last November too

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I'm so happy to give it a second chance on pc after the blurry/messy ps4 beta version. It's like a total conversion mode for "mw 2019", which is fine for me. It supports "fsr" which is great, first time i'm using it. I will probably buy this on a nice sale.

Reizo Ryuu

So I found a workaround on xbox to play zombies offline in this trial, since it is included, just not selectable.

Just launch Cold War and select zombies from the vanguard menu, then when it tries to connect just cancel and select 'go offline' (it should fail connecting anyway).
You can now play the zombies map by yourself.

Top Bottom