• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Vanguard - Official PC Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch the latest trailer for Call of Duty: Vanguard for a look at the PC features of the upcoming game including ultrawide aspect ratio, 4K graphics, customized performance options, and more.

Call of Duty: Vanguard launches on November 5, 2021.

Last edited:

rubhen925

just wanted to mention for those interested in the PS5 version, the game has audio desynch during cutscenes. Audio delayed by a second. Lmao. Not sure what to say. it's jarring af. In game scenes are fine as they are in engine, but the cutscenes that are 30 fps are definitely delayed in audio.

Update: Seems to be a mixed bag. out of the 6 cutscenes i saw 2 had desnych.

Last edited:

Salz01

just wanted to mention for those interested in the PS5 version, the game has audio desynch during cutscenes. Audio delayed by a second. Lmao. Not sure what to say. it's jarring af. In game scenes are fine as they are in engine, but the cutscenes that are 30 fps are definitely delayed in audio.

Update: Seems to be a mixed bag. out of the 6 cutscenes i saw 2 had desnych.
How is the campaign so far outside of the audio bug?

clarky

Gold Member
Pass from me this year. After MW and CW I'm just about COD'd out.

I wish they'd do these every 2 years, Modern Warfare especially felt like it was put out to grass far too early.

Reactions: RNG

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
DLSS and FSR.

Another game we can use to compare the technologies.

mansoor1980

4k graphics?
keanu-reeves-whoa.gif

carlosrox

Banned
"PC trailer". I didn't know we all had the same PC.

Well if I was made of time and money I'd probably get this but I'm more than happy with WZ so I'll just be sticking with that.

Very much looking forward to WZ Pacific.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
This is the first time in a few years where I've basically forgotten about there being a new CoD this year.

rubhen925

How is the campaign so far outside of the audio bug?
campaign is around 5 plus hours on normal. I didn't find any collectibles in the game. Nor there are any trophies to it. Each mission has a couple trophies related to the character you'll be controlling. The game goes between flashback missions for each character and cutscenes in the present. The first and last mission occur in the present timeline in the game, and the rest happen in the past. I felt it was a bit disjointed as the whole game you're just reliving memories of different battles. I hate when games do this where most of the content is flashbacks. Rather do them sequentially. What ever. Missions occur in city, jungle, snow, and one mission is entirely a flying sequence. Probably my favourite mission but controlling the plane was a bit hard for me.

My only complaint are the guns. It takes forever to reload lmao. I have OCD, so i tend to reload a lot and this game wanted to make me hang myself. You can't choose attachments for your guns so you got to hope to pick up a gun with that attachment like fast mags and extended barrel etc.

It's ok. Not the best campaign, not the worst. The best thing you can say about it is there aren't many long sections where you're just walking around. It's paced quickly going from one map to another with in between cutscenes. Not gonna bother with veteran mode as the reload is gonna make me want to jump out my window.

Gonna try zombies next.

Salz01

campaign is around 5 plus hours on normal. I didn't find any collectibles in the game. Nor there are any trophies to it. Each mission has a couple trophies related to the character you'll be controlling. The game goes between flashback missions for each character and cutscenes in the present. The first and last mission occur in the present timeline in the game, and the rest happen in the past. I felt it was a bit disjointed as the whole game you're just reliving memories of different battles. I hate when games do this where most of the content is flashbacks. Rather do them sequentially. What ever. Missions occur in city, jungle, snow, and one mission is entirely a flying sequence. Probably my favourite mission but controlling the plane was a bit hard for me.

My only complaint are the guns. It takes forever to reload lmao. I have OCD, so i tend to reload a lot and this game wanted to make me hang myself. You can't choose attachments for your guns so you got to hope to pick up a gun with that attachment like fast mags and extended barrel etc.

It's ok. Not the best campaign, not the worst. The best thing you can say about it is there aren't many long sections where you're just walking around. It's paced quickly going from one map to another with in between cutscenes. Not gonna bother with veteran mode as the reload is gonna make me want to jump out my window.

Gonna try zombies next.
Thank you very much for the write up. Appreciate it. Last question, but which platform did you play it on? I know you sometimes write a semi technical first look write up on games you get. Looking forward to that too.

rubhen925

Thank you very much for the write up. Appreciate it. Last question, but which platform did you play it on? I know you sometimes write a semi technical first look write up on games you get. Looking forward to that too.
PS5. I might write one out. When embargo lifts. Just played some zombies. It's weird. Couldn't play online as servers are offline. In offline mode, you spawn in a central area where the upgrades and powerups are. You choose portals to go into and complete different objectives, Like kill zombies. Travel with an orb, etc. Each objective you complete will increase wave. Then you are brought back to the central area to do your upgrades and you choose other portals to do another objective. Rinse and repeat. You can exfil in waves of 5 as I did an exfil after wave 5. Just to see what its about. Not sure I saw any objectives but I will keep looking. There are normal zombies, exploding one, and an armored zombie that shoots a minigun. During exfil you need to kill a certain amount before the exit portal spawns. Then you got like 40 seconds to run to it. And that's it.

Got to play more, but that's my first run of zombies.

Mr.ODST

To be fair the WW2 stories are always the best for me in COD so ill be purchasing just for that, also so I can level weapons quicker for Warzone

rubhen925

One last update about zombies if people care. This is probably the most barebones zombies i've seen in COD. you just endlessly go around doing 3 different objectives in different parts of the map. No real story, didn't fight any mini bosses and I went to wave 15. All you can do after is either continue to get higher score or exfil. I got bored after round 7. The three objectives are following the orb around to a destination, harvesting tokens and feeding it into an altar, and finally surviving the area for a set amount of time. Not what i was hoping for. I doubt online experience for zombies is gonna be any different. I also spent like 50k into the mystery boxes. Didn't see any wonder weapons either....

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

One last update about zombies if people care. This is probably the most barebones zombies i've seen in COD. you just endlessly go around doing 3 different objectives in different parts of the map. No real story, didn't fight any mini bosses and I went to wave 15. All you can do after is either continue to get higher score or exfil. I got bored after round 7. The three objectives are following the orb around to a destination, harvesting tokens and feeding it into an altar, and finally surviving the area for a set amount of time. Not what i was hoping for. I doubt online experience for zombies is gonna be any different. I also spent like 50k into the mystery boxes. Didn't see any wonder weapons either....
Ouch that does not sound fun atall, Im hoping the Campaign holds and it also might be why the Multi has 20 maps from the get go.

Top Bottom