• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Vanguard | Story Trailer and Behind The Scenes

fatmarco

They are really afraid of making these characters look anything like the people they're based on/ anyone from World War 2 aren't they.

lzq3phyxlvbcrlbf3pmudjxwv4.jpg

Lyudmila_Pavlichenko_portrait.jpg

Sidney_Cornell_1.jpg

AR-801247315.jpg

I mean I get prettying characters up for a game/ even changing them significantly enough that they aren't who they're based on, but why make them look incredibly generic and boring in the process?

Pantz

Gold Member
The tanks and planes and stuff are looking good in the videos. If there's some missions fighting in or alongside some vehicles that will make the game cool for me.

Remember guys when every single shooter in the 2000s was about WW2? Yeah that burnout was real and then they dropped it. If the industry taught us anything, its that people thought they wanted WW2 back again and then they hated it the next year. BF1 was a breath of fresh air, however when we got COD WW2 and BF5, already people had enough. I dont get it how they could be so out of touch that people are not looking forward to another WW2 game. To be honest I was excited about those rumors how it will bend time....history goes into the future and vice versa. Then the trailer comes out and nope....its a regular WW2 shooter. It will sell but I think it will be one of those COD titles that are easily forgotten.

makaveli60

They are really afraid of making these characters look anything like the people they're based on/ anyone from World War 2 aren't they.

lzq3phyxlvbcrlbf3pmudjxwv4.jpg

Lyudmila_Pavlichenko_portrait.jpg

Sidney_Cornell_1.jpg

AR-801247315.jpg

I mean I get prettying characters up for a game/ even changing them significantly enough that they aren't who they're based on, but why make them look incredibly generic and boring in the process?
Wait, the characters are based on real people or I misunderstood something?

avin

Real people?

Maybe it's just that I had low expectations, but that's significantly better than I had expected. I'm no longer a "hell no". Still going to wait on reviews before pulling the trigger.

avin

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Join war photojournalists Sebastiano Piccolomini and Alex Potter as they step into Call of Duty: Vanguard. As Activision's senior visual director Michael Sanders explains, the team has created a virtual camera that lets the photojournalists visit various areas in the new Call of Duty game and take photos. These zones include The Pacific, Northern Africa, the Western Front, and Berlin.

Call of Duty: Vanguard releases on November 5, 2021 and will be available on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, and Xbox One.

Last edited:
Top Bottom