• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty's tactical sprint is really hard to do on a controller. In my opinion Rage 2 had it just right for doing tactical sprint on a controller.

Would it be ok if Call of Duty adopted the way Rage 2 does tactical sprint on controller?

• I wouldn't be mad about it

• I'd be mad about it

Results are only viewable after voting.

svbarnard

Banned
Now hear me out please before you lay your judgements on me, and please think hard about what I'm going to say. So in COD when you want to execute a tactical sprint, on controller, you have to double click the left stick really fast or else it won't work, but double clicking the left stick is causing my thumb to hurt, it's not comfortable at all to do that on a controller. Rage 2 had it figured out, so to do a tactical sprint (which is called rush) in Rage 2 on controller this is what you do, so to sprint in Rage 2 is like any other FPS you just click on the left stick but as you're sprinting (and you could be sprinting for over a minute or for as long as you want) all you have to do for tactiacl sprint is just click the left stick again, now to do a tactical sprint from walking you must click the left stick twice, but if you're already sprinting you simply have to click the left stick again to execute tactical sprint. Am I making any sense? This way my thumb doesn't get carpal tunnel. Seriously my thumb is f*cking hurting from playing COD Modern Warfare 2, being forced to double click the left stick super fast in order to do tactical sprint is killing my left thumb bro!!!!! This isn't ergonomic for my thumb at all.

Ergonomic means to design something to be as comfortable as possible, like say a job where you are constantly bending over and lifting something up, this isn't ergonomic cause eventually you'll wear your out your back. This is called ergonomics.

So did I explain it well enough? I'm telling you Rage 2 is the best way to do tactical sprint on controller!!! Please you gotta believe me I'm thinking about quitting COD because it's hurting my thumb, my thumb just doesn't like double clicking the stick at all. I even found some of the executives who work at Treyarch, Sledgehammer, Infinity Ward, and I'm going to tweet them about this problem. I'd love to see this get changed.

So listen guys would you get upset if COD adopted Rage 2's way of doing tactical sprint? So instead of having to double click the button to execute tactical sprint (while you're already sprinting) you'd only have to click the sprint button just one more time, doesn't that sound better? I tell you what I know because I played Rage 2 and man their way of doing tactical sprint on the controller is the best way to do it!!!!

And for the record I'm being serious my thumb is really starting to hurt, I'm thinking about quitting COD because of this. It needs to be ergonomic like Rage 2.

jigglet

Banned
Advanced Warfare mapped sprint and jet boost on the same button. It fucking destroyed my thumb. What is it with these devs and these dumb ass control schemes. Your suggestion is 100% logical. Or maybe push the stick half way and sprint initiates a regular sprint. Then push it 100% of the way makes it a tactical sprint?

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
You explained it well. Simply you don't want a time limit on when you can click the thumbstick a second time. seems reasonable.

If you have an xbox, you may have some ability to change the controller or get a decent third party controller with buttons on the handle.

Last edited:

svbarnard

Banned
You explained it well. Simply you don't want a time limit on when you can click the thumbstick a second time. seems reasonable.

If you have an xbox, you may have some ability to change the controller or get a decent third party controller with buttons on the handle.
No I don't want a different controller. I really wish the COD developers would just adopt the way Rage 2 does tactical sprint on controller, honestly I can't see why PC gamers would bitch about it (I mean hey instead of double clicking thy button really fast you just need to click it one more time what's the big deal?) and it would save my f*cking thumb because I don't play on PC I play on console with controller. Seriously my left thumb is getting carpal tunnel from this I will probably have to quit COD Modern Warfare 2 because of it.

svbarnard

Banned
you know you can change it to that and even change it to so you just move the stick forward and you tactically sprint
But what if I don't want to sprint what if I just wanna walk? No I'm going to be tweeting the developers at COD on twitter about this, I really think they should just adopt what Rage 2 is doing for tactical sprint.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Yhv2bG1.jpg

Bounty Hunter Dog GIF by DefyTV

Last edited:

svbarnard

Banned

Now hear me out, I actually bought COD Modern Warfare 2 just a few days ago and WOW!!!! They definitely made improvements to ground war since the beta, I thought the ground war beta was great but the actual game just blew me away, COD MW2's ground war shits all over the 2019 ground war. But still I returned COD MW2 just yesterday cause indeed the pain in my left thumb was too much, and there are still some bugs in ground war (but still holy shit the realism blew me away!!!) so I thought I'd pick it up again when it goes on sale and my thumb can get a rest, and of course here I am on NeoGaf raising my concerns with the gaming community. Now I never checked the settings lol. And I'm not going to buy COD MW2 again til it goes on sale.

So are you saying if I choose the "single tap to tactical sprint while sprinting" option that basically makes it just like Rage 2? But why not just make that the default then? I'm confused.

Listen to me. I think the way Rage 2 does tactical sprint should be the way the entire industry does it. It's super comfortable.

sainraja

Well, I didn't even know you could sprint in the game like that. So, thanks!

Now hear me out, I actually bought COD Modern Warfare 2 just a few days ago and WOW!!!! They definitely made improvements to ground war since the beta, I thought the ground war beta was great but the actual game just blew me away, COD MW2's ground war shits all over the 2019 ground war. But still I returned COD MW2 just yesterday cause indeed the pain in my left thumb was too much, and there are still some bugs in ground war (but still holy shit the realism blew me away!!!) so I thought I'd pick it up again when it goes on sale and my thumb can get a rest, and of course here I am on NeoGaf raising my concerns with the gaming community. Now I never checked the settings lol. And I'm not going to buy COD MW2 again til it goes on sale.

So are you saying if I choose the "single tap to tactical sprint while sprinting" option that basically makes it just like Rage 2? But why not just make that the default then? I'm confused.

Listen to me. I think the way Rage 2 does tactical sprint should be the way the entire industry does it. It's super comfortable.
Looks like there is an option so you basically got what you are asking for. Making it default or not....well sure but it probably depends the audience of COD and what they like and if they are even aware of it, lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom