• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Calling out rumors, insiders and "sources"

God of War Ragnarok release date announcement late in June.

June goes by, no release date.

How's that not false?
It's not false because things changed last minute in a work environment. It happens very often in marketing and game development.

Jason has a very good track record and so does The Snitch and Tom Henderson. But it's clear you just want to feel good about yourself and feed your own ego and call people out at every chance you get. You care so much about proving who's fake or not on a RANDOM video game forum to RANDOM people you'll never meet in your life. Sad.

Do you really have nothing better to do? Who gives a fuck, play your games and if someone's wrong then that's their problem lol. It doesn't change anything. What are you gonna do..sue them and false leaks will all of a sudden disappear? Lol.

The reality is that Sony came in and threw a curve ball due to internal last minute changes. Please continue to be delusional and continue to embarrass yourself and look like a clown that you already are.

Crawl back in the sewers please you sewer ginger and proceed to eat the children that you normally do. It's a better place for your :)

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
In fairness we don't actually know what Sony's intent was just what these guys said
True. I'm trying to go off the track record of the ones "reporting" on the GOWR announcement that have more credible track records and the corroboration between them.
Either they're all lying, or they were intentionally misled by their sources, or things have recently changed internally at Santa Monica Studio.
Given their track records I have little reason to believe they would push a false rumor without due diligence. The other possibilities are equally likely. I just don't know which one is the truth, could be a combination of both.

Either way, if the game is still on track for this year, it's not the end of the world.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
True. I'm trying to go off the track record of the ones "reporting" on the GOWR announcement that have more credible track records and the corroboration between them.
Either they're all lying, or they were intentionally misled by their sources, or things have recently changed internally at Santa Monica Studio.
Given their track records I have little reason to believe they would push a false rumor without due diligence. The other possibilities are equally likely. I just don't know which one is the truth, could be a combination of both.

Either way, if the game is still on track for this year, it's not the end of the world.
I probably missed it but did Jason ever say June 30th from his sources or did he just go with what the Snitch said if you know either way that is?

mortal

Gold Member
I probably missed it but did Jason ever say June 30th from his sources or did he just go with what the Snitch said if you know either way that is?
I believe that Jason said an announcement was happening later in June. Followed by the snitch's tweet in morse code the number "30", which many deduced it to being June 30th.

nush

It's not false because things changed last minute in a work environment. It happens very often in marketing and game development.

Jason has a very good track record and so does The Snitch and Tom Henderson. But it's clear you just want to feel good about yourself and feed your own ego and call people out at every chance you get. You care so much about proving who's fake or not on a RANDOM video game forum to RANDOM people you'll never meet in your life. Sad.

Do you really have nothing better to do? Who gives a fuck, play your games and if someone's wrong then that's their problem lol. It doesn't change anything. What are you gonna do..sue them and false leaks will all of a sudden disappear? Lol.

The reality is that Sony came in and threw a curve ball due to internal last minute changes. Please continue to be delusional and continue to embarrass yourself and look like a clown that you already are.

Crawl back in the sewers please you sewer ginger and proceed to eat the children that you normally do. It's a better place for your :)

You still salty about your leak about the "New mariokart" sequel being all wrong. Your leaker defense force bias is showing.

OIP-C.mInOaexvTJxAjtFi2xaKDwHaD9

.Pennywise

Banned

oi08JWgl.png

Obviously went to give the ❌ to @accngt regarding Sly Cooper and InFamous development rumor, tried to revisit the original tweet but it's no longer to be found, and its account deleted profile and banner pictures, aswell as all tweets. Don't know what his new account is (if any), so if you have anything on this guy share it here.

To the trash can it goes.

Last edited:

.Pennywise

Banned
Also, @Shpeshal_Nick becomes one of the LEAST realiable "leakers" out there with high number of ❌ since he started being tracked in this thread (100% wrong in fact)

Has Nick ever been right about anything? Feel like I constantly see tons of rumors with this guy's name attached to them and none ever come true.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I'll use this thread to call out all the TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT, THINGS MAY CHANGE mf

Please share any actual rumor and I'll add it.
I won't add any rumor from totally unsustained sources (i.e. a random post in 4chan/reddit from unknown accounts)

Absolute pieces of shit whose words worth less than dog's vomit and from whom I won't ever be bothered to waste space for rumors in the table and I recommend you to not share here nor anywhere regarding gaming rumors:

Roberto Serrano

Colteastwood

RUMOR​
BY​
DATE​
TRUE/FALSE​
MORE​
PlayStation to make big announcements this week. We'll get another look at and release dates for highly anticipated games in State of Play.​
This week (March 7th, 2022)​
❌
False. Despite actually being a State of Play in March 9th, 2022. The showcase was far from big announcements.
Sly Cooper & Infamous games in development​
N/A​
❌
False.
New Sly Cooper & Infamous games in development​
@accngt (all traces of this twitter account were removed) Img backup
N/A​
❌
False.
Hogwards Legacy new trailer​
@accngt (all traces of this twitter account were removed)​
March 2022​
✅
True: Hogwarts Legacy gameplay from Avalanche on March 17.
Microsoft to remaster major franchises​
N/A​
❔
TLOU Remake and Factions to release latter half 2022​
Second Half 2022​
❎
Partially true. TLOU Remake to release latter half 2022. Factions to release 2023.
BluePoint working on Bloodborne​
N/A​
❔
Xbox events in May and September (2022)​
May/September 2022​
❌
False. No event in May.
Xbox E3-style showcase in June​
June 2022​
✅
True. Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase
Remedy working on a AAA Doctor Strange videogame (PS5 exclusive)​
N/A​
❔
This rumor is being talked about a lot now (March 2022) but has been refloated and it goes back as far as 2019.
Codemasters next game is not Dirt Rally but WRC (World Rally Championship)​
N/A​
❔
Ubisoft's massive games showcase (20 games lineup)​
N/A​
❔
Ubisoft set to reveal Ranbow Six Siege mobile next month (April 2022)​
April 2022​
✅
True: Rainbow Six Mobile Official Announcement Trailer
Activision to release remastered CoD titles to fill up empty space between premium CoD entries. (World at War, CoD 1 & 2 and backwards compat with CoD 4: MW Remastered)​
N/A​
❔
EA to drop FIFA brand and now to be called EA FC (EA Sports Football Club)​
N/A​
✅
True. EA SPORTS FC is the future of interactive football
Sony to unveil PlayStation Subscription as soon as next week​
Next week (March 27th)​
✅
True. New PS Plus subscription announcement
PlayStation tiers and pricing for its subscription service (Project Spartacus): PS+ Essential 10$, PS+ Extra 13$, PS+ Premium 16$​
N/A​
❎
Partially true. Naming and tier offerings on spot. Pricing wrong.
GoldenEye 007 Remaster to be announced within a few weeks (13th February, 2022)​
"Few weeks" from 13th Feb, 2022​
❌
False. More than a month has passed and rumor author backpedalled on its initial statement.
NetEase to acquire Quantic Dream​
Summer 2022​
❔
Ubisoft developing New PvP Battle Arena "Project Q"​
N/A​
✅
True. Introducing "Project Q"
Game Pass Family Plan​
N/A​
❔
Ubisoft is developing a new third person IP called 'Pathfinder'​
N/A​
❔
Dead Island 2 to be released late 2022/early 2023​
Early 2023​
❔
Need For Speed 2022 will adopt a “photo-realistic” art style mixed with anime elements​
2022​
❔
“Autolog is back for multiplayer, you can customise all the pieces of your car, that’s back”
Finally, Grubb claimed that the game would be set in a fictionalised version of Chicago called Lake Shore City.
Kojima's Xbox project​
N/A​
✅
True.
Halo Infinite Battle Royale​
2022​
❔
Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio reboots​
Two to three years (From April 2022)​
❔
Part of the SEGA's Super Game Initiative. Games would be big budget.
Quake reboot. TES and Fallout remasters via inXile​
N/A​
❔
2K Games is developing Rocket League competitor "Gravity Goal"​
"Releason date soon" (From April 27th, 2022)​
❔
Gravity Goal allows players to drive TRON-like bikes rather than cars.
Two of the Warcraft mobile games are copycats, Pokemon Go and Clash-ish"​
N/A​
❎
Partially true. Warcraft Arclight Rumble
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order sequel to be current gen only (Xbox Series/PS5/PC)​
Announcement at Star Wars Celebration (26-29 May)​
✅
True. Announced to be current gen only.
Sony acquiring Square Enix​
N/A​
❔
New Silent Hill being developed (more than one)​
N/A​
❔
Original images in tweet said to be taken down due to KONAMI DMCA strike. Image backups : Image 1, image 2, image 3, image 4
Bloober Team developing Middle Ages Alien game​
N/A​
❔
Sony event​
First week of June, 2022​
✅
True. State of Play on June 2, 2022.
Silent Hill 2 remake by Bloober Team​
N/A​
❔
Modern Warfare 2 VR mode. Exclusive of PSVR 2.​
N/A​
❔
Indiana Jones game not exclusive to Xbox​
N/A​
❔
Street Fighter 6 trailer at State of Play​
June 2nd, 2022​
✅
True.
New Multiplayer Crash Bandicoot game by Toys for Bob to be announced​
Summer Game Fest 2022​
❌
False. No announcement either Summer Game Fest nor Xbox showcase.
Hideo Kojima making a horror game called 'Overdose'​
N/A​
❔
Can be played in first and third person. Starring Margaret Qualley (Mama from Death Stranding)
Xbox game demos. Xbox game streaming directly on Samsung's Smart TVs and expansion of xCloud to other countries​
Several hours before Summer Game Fest show on June 9th​
✅
True.
God of War Ragnarok's November 2022 release date to be announced later this month​
Later this month (June 2022)​
❌
Rumor author backpedalled on initial statement.
Forza Motorsport to be released Spring 2023.​
Spring 2023​
✅
True.
Kojima's Xbox Cloud game is Overdose​
N/A​
❔
PlayStation 5 Pro Controller​
N/A​
❔
EA to reveal Skate 4, FIFA and Need for Speed in July​
July 2022​
❔
Sony to reveal 3 new headsets and 2 new monitors​
Last week of June, 2022​
✅
True.
Ubisoft to re-reveal Skull and Bones​
Beginning of July, 2022​
❔
Metroid Prime Remaster​
Holiday 2022​
❔
Next Need for Speed installment to release November 4th​
November 4th, 2022​
❔
Ubisoft's Avatar title to release November 18th​
November 18th, 2022​
❔
FIFA 23 to release September 30th​
September 30th, 2022​
❔
God of War Ragnarok's Collector Edition to have a 1:1 replica of Mjolnir hammer​
N/A​
❔

Very good post. Time to call out the liars.

ksdixon

What was the pre-PS5 release rumor? A familliar face vs a bug alien in a dark room? I think people theorized Resistance or RE at the time? Did that turn out to be anything.

.Pennywise

Banned
Found @accngt goodbye letter

Hey all,

Yesterday, Sucker Punch Productions made a statement, quote:
"With our focus on our current project, we have no plans to revisit inFAMOUS or Sly Cooper right now, and no other studio is currently working on projects related to those franchises either. These characters are very special and near and dear to our hearts, so while we’d never say never to re-opening those doors down the road, for now there are no inFAMOUS or Sly Cooper games in development.".

In other words, there are NO Infamous or Sly Cooper games in development at Sucker Punch or other studios. After seeing this, I decided it was time to move from the "insider" scene.

First of all, I wanted to talk about Infamous and Sly. In March, I made a tweet saying that I corroborated the rumors. It wasn't crap I did myself, a source came to me, gave me ways to trust him and gave me other information including the delay of Forspoken, new Hogwarts Legacy reveal in March, the fact there wasn't any PlayStation Showcase until September and a few other things I haven't said publicly. I do think he is a reliable source THAT HAS reliable sources, that's just proxies. Although Sly & Infamous has been officially confirmed as false if Sucker Punch is not lying. For Sly he told me that he was confident and promised me that it existed and that an announcement would be made soon, weeks ago. Here is his reaction to yesterday's announcement: ()

Now, I will tell how I started my "leaking career" 😂 :
I was monitoring Quantic Dream websites for a long time to try to get a chance to leak a game early. That happened I think on December 2/3 of last year I leaked 2 images of Star Wars: Eclipse (I'm pretty hyped about it btw) that were on Quantic Dream website backend (now deleted).
When Star Wars Eclipse was revealed at The Game Awards 2021, a few people made reddit posts and shared my account because of my leak, I gained a lot of followers. I continued "leaking" Quantic Dream info, including a game based on The Dark Sorcerer; I got the info that Quantic Dream was building a humor based game in a fantasy world by Tom Henderson himself in DMs. Though, it was confirmed untrue a few days ago in an interview with Quantic Dream's CEO David Cage: (https://multiplayer.it/notizie/quantic-dream-smentisce-nessun-gioco-basato-su-the-dark-sorcerer.html).
To be honest, I think Quantic Dream other AAA game is a stylized competitive multiplayer one developed by QD Paris Team.

I leaked that the Star Wars game from Skydance New Media was codenamed "Project Walton", which was 100% real. And that it is based in original trilogy, which I can't 100% confirm but that's likely in my opinion.

The Marmolade made a great TwitLonger here though a few things are untrue: (https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1ss032u)

I still thank my community that supported me. I have something to say: don't trust anyone on the internet even if he has a good trackrecord.

Goodbye!

Do you think I believe all he speaks is being made up just because one of his rumors turned out to not be true?

Please point out where do I say he's making stuff up, or that he suddently becomes not reliable at all?. I'm just trying to corroborate how accurate these people are. He just missed this one. I won't give them a free pass just because they backpedal on their initial statements (Just like I did with Grubb and his GoldenEye rumor).

Could you give him a check please?

Thank you.

I still think you need to add Jason leaking us GOWs release date. He was one of the first ones to give us that information I believe. Doesn't matter that it was announced a week later than he said it would.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yet more rumors about Ubi+ possibly coming to consoles, or game pass, or both.

Last edited:

xHunter

Yet more rumors about Ubi+ possibly coming to game pass ultimate.

Ubisoft+ is a 15$ per month subscription service. Doesnt make sense to include that in another 15$ per month service. If anyhting like that comes to gamepass it would be ubisoft+ classics like on PS+

Last edited:

adamsapple

Ubisoft+ is a 15$ per month subscription service. Doesnt make sense to include that in another 15$ per month service. If anyhting like that comes to gamepass it would be ubisoft+ classics like on PS+

I edited the text, it could just as likely be a basic announcement of the service to consoles in the first place.

xHunter

I edited the text, it could just as likely be a basic announcement of the service to consoles in the first place.
We already know that it will come to both consoles:

adamsapple

adamsapple

-

The F&F plan is already in pilot phase in 2 countries, looks like it'll be getting wider adaption soon.

Crayon

wow great op.

It's crazy that after all this internet people are more gullible than ever. I swear people used to be more skeptical of what they saw on network news than doofuses on twitter.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Disclaimer that Serrano is likely talking shite.

But it’s entirely possible that Sony had an event scheduled for sometime in September and then the dates where changed.
Its very likely we get a Showcase this month as they have done it in Sept a couple of years in a row now

There is zero possibility he "knew" about the exact date back in May

Serrano is 99% talking shite and even got defensive when people called him out on it awhile back

Pelta88

Disclaimer that Serrano is likely talking shite.

But it’s entirely possible that Sony had an event scheduled for sometime in September and then the dates where changed.

Serrano is applying the broken clock strategy but on a monthly basis. He stalks PS OTs on gaf and era because we predict things with a little more certainty. 11 months out of the year he gets it completely and utterly wrong. And the idea that Sony puts together showcases and moves them on a whim is comedic gold.

No business, especially one where global marketing campaigns play a critical role in it's strategy operates that way. Advertising, print, media, TV, and internet marketing buys are purchased months in advance. And there are no refunds once purchased. If your product or IP isn't ready then that's a cost you have to eat.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
Another one bites the dust?

jMlUDbT.png
Another situation where a supposed insider got one thing right and then no one kept track of how many things they got wrong or things never materialized. Then you had supposed journalists continuing to use this person as a reliable rumor source without doing any diligence on their record. Grubb, Henderson, Schreier, and whoever the Snitch is/was are the only names I trust for rumors.

Top Bottom