• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Callisto Protocol | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Callisto Protocol will get?

• 0-10%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-20%

• 20-30%

• 30-40%

• 40-50%

• 50-60%

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • 60-70%

• 70-80%

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • 80-90%

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • 90-95%

• 95-100%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Its jank as fuck. I didn't want to say anything when the one low score review popped up recently with everyone thinking it was the reviewer. But its not...up to par.

Jank is fine, but not when its 70 euros. Was ofc going to wait for a sale either way but this pretty much seals the deal. It'll drop tp half the price in 2-3 months.

Reactions: GHG

Sleepwalker

Also pretty sure Schofield only worked on dead space 1.

The guy who directed dead space 2 was in charge of gameplay of dead space 1 as well. So not that surprising that gameplay is inferior here.

I still wanna support a new IP so might pick it up.. saw a bit of gameplay and doesnt look too horrible on PS5.

The Fartist

Gold Member
giphy.gif

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Some really low scores here. Didn't expect that tbh. Probably means I'm gonna love it.
The complains is very similar to when original Evil Within came out, complete with one hit kill bosses and performance issues but despite of that I enjoyed Evil Within even more it’s sequel.

I’m also buying physical copy so there is no “risk” for me, I just sell back and put it towards another upcoming game.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Review from someone who actually finished the game:

Comes across as very positive! Not masterpiece, but still a quality video game.

My only reservation is that it's currently "Mostly Negative" on Steam, with users with rigs a little worse off than mine having unplayable stutter. Given the quality of its graphics, I really wanted this one on PC. Might wait and see if they hotfix this.

drezz

This saddens me.
I'll just watch someone play it on youtube instead then, such a shame really.
Wanted it too be better the Dead Space 1.

Hopefully DS1 Remake will be 10/10

• Triggered
Reactions: GHG

Bragr

Banned
There were always questions about the combat system. If they modernized it enough compared to Dead Space, it seems it's a point of contention.

The price point is gonna hurt this game, it's a lot to ask for a game you might be unsure about. I had the same feeling about Gotham Knights.

Man, it's unfortunate about the PC version, especially since a lot of streamers are gonna play this on the PC today and all the potential jank are gonna be front and center.

TonyK

Worse than expected. I was prepared for a 80-85, that would have been disappointing anyway, but lower than 80 was unthinkable for me. I wanted it day 1 but now I will wait until it costs something like 40€, same I did for The Quarry (and thanks God because then I discovered that the reviews where right, shitty boring game).

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Baby Ass Baby Mode not included at launch? That can explain everything.
Looks like it is included...
uWErdyD.jpg
Well fuck, I can't explain it then.

Now, to more important things.

Just what THE FUCK, Glen? I mean, my PC can run A Plague Tale: Requiem all maxed in 4K 40 FPS locked with zero performance problems and it is one of the most beautiful and visually mind-blowing games I've ever seen. WTF? I can't run The Callisto Protocol even in 1080p 60 with stable performance without RT and using FSR Quality? The game barely uses my CPU, can't even eat more than 5.5 GB of VRAM which is also clearly not an issue. What an effin' disaster!

JusticeForAll

Gold Member

This Dutch review outlet states that the review copy provided was full of problems that are as of release mostly fixed by patches. They have therefore decided to review the game with the fixes, as it is a much better experience.

tommib

Currently 75 on PC and 76 on metacritic. Ha, I win the bet! It feels like it’s going up the more reviews come in.

demigod

Why is there a 2nd poll. Anyways my prediction in the other thread was a 76. It was a fucking given the score would be shit once they put the embargo on release date. Was hilarious seeing people comparing this embargo to RDR2/GTA V

skit_data

Hmm, yeah I decided to wait when I saw the late embargo date. Was probably the right call. Definitely buying it though, but I’ll wait for a discount. There seems to be a lot of post-launch content coming with NG+ etc so waiting a while sounds ok in this case.

Edit: Sounds like at least some of the stuff (performance issues, combat animations) could’ve been better with some more time in the oven. Some stuff may still get fixed post launch.

Must’ve been hard for the team to see the Dead Space remake announced so close to this, probably a reason they tried to get the game out a bit too early.

Last edited:
Top Bottom