• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Callisto Protocol vs Dead Space Remake

Which one are you more excited for?

• Total voters
3rd person actions horror games are starting to make a big comeback!

Callisto Protocol a spiritual successor to Dead Space is looking mighty fine. And is out in December of this year and last big release.

Dead Space Remake is coming out early next year on January 7th and is arguably the 1st big release of 2023.

Which of these 2 games are you more excited for and why?

You might ask why I am not including Resident Evil 4 Remake and that's because it's simply Resident Evil and belongs in its own league.

Meanwhile, both Callisto Protocol and Dead Space Remake share way more similarities than Resident Evil 4 Remake as far as the atmosphere and gameplay design goes.

I think I am more excited for Callisto Protocol because A) it's a brand new IP and B) it's made by the OG Dead Space creator. What about you?

Last edited:

Fermbiz

Gold Member
I never played Dead Space....I do now because of Callisto Protocol but Im most definitely hyped for CP!

This scene alone sold me:

yuNaW2F.gif

trikster40

Where’s the Both option?

Sometimes, spiritual successors miss the mark. Remember Mighty No 9? If you had told me it would turn out the way it did, I would have called you crazy.

Also, remakes/reboots sometimes fail to capture the magic/essence of the original and feel like soulless husks.

I’m cautiously optimistic about both but also prepared for disappointment.

MiguelItUp

Callisto Protocol because it's a new universe and new IP. That being said, I'm still very hyped for the Dead Space Remake. Just hope it does Dead Space justice.

Knightime_X

I picked dead space due to familiarity, but excited for both.
Also, been in the mood to replay DS again but will wait for the remake to drop.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This poll is bullshit..

Ds1 will be amazing.

The new one will have to prove itself
I agree Ds1 was AMAZING but at the same time I don’t trust current EA so I would say the remake is the one that needs prove itself

Callisto Protocol in other hand is being made by one of the original creators of Ds1 and based on gameplay footage it’s looking great.

Camreezie

I think its a shame we have had to wait almost 10 years for a dead space and then we finally get it so close to CP. If this doesnt sell well RIP dead space for another 10 years i guess, fuckin EA

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Not really fair to comment on this yet since weve seen so little of the Dead Space remake so far. Callisto Protocol looks outstanding and im getting it regardless

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I played Dead Space already. I haven't played Callisto Protocol.

Simple as.

Exactly. I just played the trilogy again earlier this year on my Series X and it holds up really well, there is no need for a remake. I would much rather have Dead Space 4. Callisto Protocol looks fantastic and it going to be a brand new experience and hopefully will satisfy my desire for a new Dead Space..

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Another reason why I'm much more looking forward to Callisto Protocol compare to Dead Space remake is they are not constrain by need be "faithful" since its new IP, sure it lot of elements from Dead Space series but they can do whatever they want.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I'm way more hyped for The Callisto Protocol as I see this game as being what RE 4 was back in 2005. Basically taking survival horror and reinventing it. Granted, it's more similar to Dead Space for obvious reasons but I think this is the game that wows and surprises a lot of people and gives the more established franchises a run for their money.

As for the actual Dead Space Remake, im honestly expecting a 6+ month delay for the game because they haven't really shown anything worthwhile or of any substance. Reminds me of Mass Effect Andromeda. Unless the gameplay reveal impresses come October, im expecting a good but not great game and for it to be easily surpassed by The Callisto Protocol as well as Alan Wake 2 and REmake4.

DavidGzz

Dead Space getting one upped a month sooner. I'll get both probably but CP will put a damper on the Remake for casuals or people who have played it already. I don't remember a more lopsided poll.

Nickolaidas

Banned
This is like asking if you're more excited about Demon's Souls Remake or Elden Ring.

The first game is the remake of a beloved classic with upgraded visuals being the only difference, while the latter is the latest evolution of the first game's mechanics, but with new lore and equally good visuals.

People who care more about witnessing the evolution of the game's formula will prefer Callisto Protocol.

People who care more about replaying one of their favorite games with a new coat of paint will prefer Dead Space.

And those who have the money and the time ... will prefer both.

DavidGzz

This is like asking if you're more excited about Demon's Souls Remake or Elden Ring.

The first game is the remake of a beloved classic with upgraded visuals being the only difference, while the latter is the latest evolution of the first game's mechanics, but with new lore and equally good visuals.

People who care more about witnessing the evolution of the game's formula will prefer Callisto Protocol.

People who care more about replaying one of their favorite games with a new coat of paint will prefer Dead Space.

And those who have the money and the time ... will prefer both.

Yes, but that's because CP looks great and this thread is a good way to judge the hype. If it was between Demon's Souls Remake and Godfall, most would pick DS Remake even though we all played it. With how critical gamers are, it's nice to have an awesome looking game to look forward to. Most are on the same page reference hype levels.

Last edited:
Top Bottom