• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Callisto Protocol vs Dead Space Remake

Which one are you more excited for?

• Total voters
We don't know enough about either of these games. But from what I've seen, CP looks great.

I know DS is great. I hope they give the remake the attention it deserves.

Buggy Loop

I never played Dead Space....I do now because of Callisto Protocol but Im most definitely hyped for CP!

This scene alone sold me:

yuNaW2F.gif

This scene is stupid, hearing the scream after the head splashed like a watermelon. I rolled my eyes. Rest of the game looks like fire though. A few tweaks like the above would make it even better.

Where’s the Both option?

Sometimes, spiritual successors miss the mark. Remember Mighty No 9? If you had told me it would turn out the way it did, I would have called you crazy.

Also, remakes/reboots sometimes fail to capture the magic/essence of the original and feel like soulless husks.

I’m cautiously optimistic about both but also prepared for disappointment.

You're right in that there is a risk.

But for me, Dead Space was never really all that appealing. Whereas the Callisto Protocol looks freaking stellar to me.

I much prefer the latter's aesthetic, and it's also been so long since we had a good game of this type, Calisto doesn't have to transcend Dead Space in every area. It just has to be a decent enough experience for me to be happy.

EL BABE

Neo Member
Sorry if this is a little Off-topic, but how the hell can I vote on polls? On topic, definitely Callisto Protocol, I think the game as much as it seems similar to Dead Space games, it is going to bring some fresh ideas and visually it looks better.

Nautilus

Banned
Calisto Protocol, only because I have already played the first Dead Space.

Having said that, the Dead Space Remake sure does look better.

bender

What time is it?
I voted Callisto Protocol because it is something new but honestly, I'm not that excited for either one after my recent Dead Space replay.

Nautilus

Banned
This scene is stupid, hearing the scream after the head splashed like a watermelon. I rolled my eyes. Rest of the game looks like fire though. A few tweaks like the above would make it even better.
Its meant to be cheesy and over the top, like most deaths in his previous works. I don't mind.

Rippa

Voted for Callisto Protocol because I’m a fan of Dead Space.

I’m cautiously optimistic about Dead Space. More specifically how and if they implement HDR and some form of Ray Tracing.

Im sure both will look glorious on my C9 OLED.

c6oJJrC.gif

Ellery

Easy vote.

I love what Glen Schofield has done in his career and he seems like a pretty cool guy so I am definitely rooting for him and for Callisto Protocol to be as good as my initial impression of the trailer was.

Dead Space is completely unplayable on PC for me with the horrible mouse behavior (acceleration/deceleration) so this game is definitely of interest to me, but only secondary to The Callisto Protocol since this is an entirely new game (well kind of) and Dead Space Remake isn't.

My favourite scenario would be for both games to be just god damn good.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I was interested in the DS remake until I saw the footage, it looks identical to the first game. Just seems pointless.

Callisto Protocol looks absolutely insane.

TonyK

Dead Space is one of my favourite games so I will buy it day one. But Calisto Protocol is new and made by the same game director, so that's my hype winner. I only expect that hype doesn't ruin my perception of the game.

Valt7786

Callisto for sure, but i'll be there with dead space day one too. The original is one of my favourites, and if supporting this one means a continuation of the franchise then, I'm all for it. (Unless it sucks and it's a team of complete hacks working on it)

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
There’s a lot to be said about being a new IP. I’m still hyped for dead space remake though.

I've already played Dead Space and I'm going to leave it as an awesome memory. I'm not convinced that EA won't screw it up. Callisto Protocol for me.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Callisto Protocol, even Dead Space remake turn out good, I already played the game, know story and the mystery. Callisto Protocol in other hand is new game with better chance to surprise me.

Both for me, can't choose since I've never played either.

Honestly, I'd rather play Dead Space remake first since that franchise came before Callisto. However, I'm extremely excited for both and can't wait for the experiences.

K' Dash

I'm going to go with the game I haven't played a hundred times before.

I love Dead Space to death, but I'm not interested in paying full price for a game I replay every year for halloween, next year will buy for $10 around october and play the remake instead of the old one.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I still think the Callisto Protocol is the more exciting, I've no great desire to play it, but I don't care at all about another remake (but paradox: I am in for RE4)

SkylineRKR

This should be a wash for Dead Space. If they don't change the core game, Dead Space has more exploration, more weapons, more variety in general. Because Callisto turns out to be completely linear with only a few weapons, a rather strange engagement system and not many different types of enemies.

Dead Space can be MTX ridden, but apparently CP is so too.

Top Bottom