• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can someone recommend me sad, nihilistic music?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Some stuff I got, maybe not exactly what you asked for but still worth a listen imo

I also have a soft spot for Degiheugi, not especially sad but those songs... damn:

I may find some more if you want ^^

Patrick S.

Banned
I could imagine that listening to this kind of music all the time can drag you down, and if you have problems with mental health, could be a bad idea.

Listen to music that makes you smile :)

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
When I'm feeling really down, I start watching true crime documentaries on youtube like crazy, Explore With Us and the like. I watch that shit for hours on end. But then when I'm doing better, I just don't watch that stuff at all. Really curious how your mental state changes what media you seek out.
The thing is where I'm at right now is what made me seek out this type music not the other way around.

Hoddi

Probably my favorite lyrics of any song. I was never that into Johnny Cash but he absolutely nailed it.

His version of Hurt was also fantastic.

Last edited:

Loke

Norwegian dark ambient (might remember it from the horror movie Sinister)

No vocals but very melancholic

If you're into extreme metal how 'bout some Canadian avant-garde metal? :messenger_kissing_smiling:

Neilg

The haxan cloaks album 'excavation' is a concept album about dying. good headphones/dark room music.

All of his music fits this bill really.
After this he coproduced the album 'I shall die here' with the body

He's also scored the game returnal, and the movie midsommar.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
john travolta hair GIF

No Linkin Park

Top Bottom