• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can we have a thread that lists every current gen game that has a 30fps mode?

So as you're probably all well aware, I'm a fan of high quality graphics and that usually comes with a cost of 30fps instead of 60. Can we use this thread to list the games that have or are going to have a 30fps fidelity mode?
I'm only looking for native current gen games, so no PS4/XBox One games please.

I'll start the list:

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart (ray tracing at native 4K)
Demons Souls (native 4K)
Kena: Bridge of Spirits (native 4K and adds extra foliage)
Little Nightmares 2 (native 4K)
Assassin's Creed: Valhalla (native 4K)
Watch Dogs: Legion (ray tracing)
Control (ray tracing at 1440p)
Spider-Man Remastered ( 4K, ray tracing and extra car/ped density)
Miles Morales (4K, ray tracing and extra car/ped density)
Away: Survival Series (only 30fps)
Deathloop (ray-traced ambient occlusion)
WRC9
The Medium (30fps only)
in Rays if the Light (30fps only)
Immortals Fenyx Rising
Jedi Fallen Order (native 4K?)
Marvels Avengers
Life is Strange 2
The Pathless
Lost Judgement (4K 30fps)
FFVII Remake (4K 30fps)
Horizon: Forbidden West
House of Ashes (4K 30fps, ray traced reflections)

I'm sure I'm missing a bunch. Anyone care to help out?

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Confused Liam Neeson GIF

OverHeat

« generous god »
So as you're probably all well aware, I'm a fan of high quality graphics and that usually comes with a cost of 30fps instead of 60. Can we use this thread to list the games that have or are going to have a 30fps fidelity mode?

I'll start the list:

Demons Souls (native 4K)
Kena: Bridge of Spirits (add extra foliage)
Control (ray tracing)
WRC9
The Medium (30fps only)
Immortals Fenyx Rising
Marvels Avengers
Life is Strange 2
The Pathless

So many wrong info in there.

Gamerguy84

Is 60 a deal breaker? Like 30 or bust? I would think 90% of them can do 30. Also there is a setting on PS5 where it automatically picks 30 fr/60 graphics in the user settings.

There is 30 done right like Driveclub and 30 done bad like the OG Days Gone.

Let's not.

You say you're a fan of graphics, but most of the games you listed look worse graphically than many 60 FPS games. It seems like you're just a fan of having a controversial opinion.

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
OP, you would think that NeoNeoGAF is an open forum that can have threads like this but... it's not.
60fps is the new feminism. Only one view is treated as right, the other is treated like shit, protected by free speech, and putting to shame those who behave like that.

Last edited:
Let's not.

You say you're a fan of graphics, but most of the games you listed look worse graphically than many 60 FPS games. It seems like you're just a fan of having a controversial opinion.
What do you mean? The 30fps fidelity modes always look graphically superior to the frame rate mode (not talking about motion resolution) Why would the graphics get worse when changing to fidelity mode?

Can you elaborate please?

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
To the OP, Breakpoint has a quality mode and I believe Destiny 2 may have one as well.

Care to elaborate what's wrong?
You want to game at anything other than sixty frames per second. That's it. That is the extent of you being "wrong." The thread response is weird and needlessly hostile. If people didn't want fidelity modes companies wouldn't put them in. I jump between modes in games where the difference is substantial and there are definitely some games where I prefer the increase in graphics for that wow factor (especially at a locked 30).

Let's not.

. . .also Tales of Arise has a quality mode, but it isn't locked to 30 if I'm not mistaken. Thanks for the reminder Captain Toad.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
OP, you would think that NeoNeoGAF is an open forum that can have threads like this but... it's not.
60fps is the new feminism. Only one view is treated as right, the other is treated like shit, protected by free speech, and putting to shame those who behave like that.
While the people who prefer 30 fps, both now and in previous gens, are old religious fanatics who doesn't want change because their holy fps book written by William Higinbotham that says more than 30 fps is heresy.

mrcroket

I'm really proud for all the 60fps love trend nowdays.

Playability over graphics or resolution in a GAME is ALWAYS GOOD.

recursive

I'll start the list:

Demons Souls (native 4K)
Kena: Bridge of Spirits (native 4K and adds extra foliage)
Control (ray tracing at 1440p)
WRC9
The Medium (30fps only)
Immortals Fenyx Rising
Marvels Avengers
Life is Strange 2
The Pathless

Do you move your right thumbstick when you play games? 30fps is a compromise, not a feature to be praised.

Do you move your right thumbstick when you play games? 30fps is a compromise, not a feature to be praised.
Heck I’m all for 60fps, but not when it compromises resolution. I want all the detail I can get so I always run resolution priority. I didn’t care for how low res ratchet and clank looked on performance RT and I didn’t buy into this generation for not having the latest graphics tech.

What the OP needs is a nice beefy PC with RTSS installed. 30fps mode guaranteed for every game ever.
Funny you should say that because I had a PC and yes I would run some games at 30fps for maximum detail and some games I ran in the upper hundreds on my 144Hz monitor and I had no problem switching between them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyways, back on topic. Let me know if there are more games with quality/resolution mode at 30fps (not just PS5, but Xbox Series X/S as well please)

kyliethicc

Better to make a thread about current gen games that only have a 30 fps mode so we all know which ones to avoid.
None so far.

Flight Sim almost, but it can be uncapped and run over 30 at times.

Like literally almost every single game on PS5 / XBS has a 60 mode.

Heck I’m all for 60fps, but not when it compromises resolution. I want all the detail I can get so I always run resolution priority. I didn’t care for how low res ratchet and clank looked on performance RT and I didn’t buy into this generation for not having the latest graphics tech.
Is that high level detail even noticeable when the camera is being moved? All I see is a smear of blur.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
What do you mean? The 30fps fidelity modes always look graphically superior to the frame rate mode (not talking about motion resolution) Why would the graphics get worse when changing to fidelity mode?

Can you elaborate please?
Most people play games, not just look at stills. So yeah, 30fps is objectively worse. If you love 30fps much, I recommend getting a PC and locking everything to 30.

Funny you should say that because I had a PC and yes I would run some games at 30fps for maximum detail and some games I ran in the upper hundreds on my 144Hz monitor and I had no problem switching between them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So what were those games you ran at 100+ FPS and why didn't you cap them to 30fps? And second, what made you purchase a 144hz monitor when high framerates seem to be a very low priority to you?

None so far.

Flight Sim almost, but it can be uncapped and run over 30 at times.

Like literally almost every single game on PS5 / XBS has a 60 mode.
In rays of light, the medium and Away all have 30fps only. That’s all I know of so far.

Is that high level detail even noticeable when the camera is being moved?
Yes, to me I can still see the detail even when moving. I understand your preference to have 60fps, and that’s fine. You can have your frame rates and I’ll have my resolution.

The point of this thread was to list the games that have a 30fps mode. I thought it would be helpful for people like me (yes there’s more than one)

Rippa

I’m down with OP!

Give me my cinematic adventures with all the bells and whistles.
(4K/30fps)

I don’t want my cinematic adventures to look like day-time soap operas (faux-k/1080p/60fps) with softer IQ and less detailed everything.

Last edited:
So what were those games you ran at 100+ FPS and why didn't you cap them to 30fps? And second, what made you purchase a 144hz monitor when high framerates seem to be a very low priority to you?
I bought the 144Hz monitor for Rocket League admittedly. Esports need to be fast and have as little lag as possible. But for games like shadow of the tomb Raider, I didn’t need lighting fast reflexes and I was fine capping it at 30. The cool thing about my monitor was that it could run at any refresh rate with no tearing or stutter, so I could literally cap any game at 30fps and have a smooth, consistent frame rate.

Hunnybun

I found performance RT in Ratchet looked a bit blurry too. I was a bit surprised because I found that same mode perfectly fine in the Spider-Man ganes; I guess the added detail and texture quality of a native PS5 game is more compromised.

Anyway, I just played it in performance mode instead. Very sharp and the 60fps looks way better than the RT imo, which is only even noticeable in a few scenes.

TheRobot

30 fps doesn't really matter if u have a TV that can do motion interpolation to 60 fps without impacting the input lag much like the Samsung panels.

Longcat

I find it incredibly funny how so many people recently gained the ability to see more than 30 fps, when 30 was thought to be the limit of the human eye a mere decade ago, and no one could tell the difference.

intbal

Cyberpunk has a quality mode, but only on Series X (unless they added it to PS5 recently).
I'm not sure that's what OP would call a "native game" for 9th gen, but neither are a lot of these BC games with their patches that do little more than remove caps.

Duchess

Having started enjoying a boat load of 60fps games on PS5, I've thrown myself upon the mercy of the PCMR for ever doubting them that it was a superior experience to 30 ... :D

Top Bottom