• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can we talk about how good PS Plus has been this year?

They have been dropping some good stuff, even premium has been poppin lately. 😲

January

cb23f4faac38c46b551e2c13e0635fa0b28a6676.jpg

FmNC5m-WIAU0BJj

PS Extra:
Back 4 Blood | PS4, PS5
Dragon Ball FighterZ | PS4
Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition | PS5
Devil May Cry 5 | PS4
Life is Strange: Before the Storm | PS4
Life is Strange | PS4
Sayonara Wild Hearts | PS4
Jett: The Far Shore | PS4, PS5
Just Cause 4: Reloaded | PS4, PS5
Just Cause 4 | PS4
Omno | PS4
Erica | PS4

PlayStation Premium | Classics
Syphon Filter 3 | PS1
Star Wars Demolition | PS1
Hot Shots Golf 2 | PS1

February

8ce00197a6c5a9303eec5d3f3b13298283f70ff2.jpg

88f6e95aa46c03f0dda2497507214925498f6a54.jpg

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog - Available on Tuesday, February 21.
  • Horizon Forbidden West | PS4, PS5
  • The Quarry | PS4, PS5
  • Resident Evil 7 biohazard | PS4
  • Outriders | PS4, PS5
  • Scarlet Nexus | PS4, PS5
  • Borderlands 3 | PS4, PS5
  • Tekken 7 | PS4
  • Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown | PS4
  • Earth Defense Force 5 | PS4
  • Oninaki | PS4
  • Lost Sphear | PS4
  • I am Setsuna | PS4
  • The Forgotten City | PS4, PS5

PlayStation Plus Premium | Classics
  • The Legend of Dragoon | PS1
  • Wild Arms 2 | PS1
  • Harvest Moon: Back to Nature | PS1
  • Destroy All Humans! | PS4

March

Partial list for March

FprkocLWcAgE4NK

Fprkrc8XwAI4iwm

Who even has the time?

Tired Over It GIF by Desus & Mero

MikeM

Yep. Its honestly been too good and we are not even looking at last year. My PC has been largely parked because of it.

PS is really shaping up to he a good service. Im saying that as a PC GP user as well

It is great value and I do sometimes use it but I keep it to a minimum since I have a principle of not using subs. I don’t want the netflix of gaming.

I find myself just trying a lot of games on the sub and not really finishing them. I always feel less invested in game in the sub for some reason

I’ll probably try immortals fenyx and ghostwire this month

Last edited:

killatopak

I find myself just trying a lot of games on the sub and not really finishing them. I always feel less invested in game in the sub for some reason
That’s not a new thing. Some people stare at their steam library and just play their favorite games without touching stuff they bought at a steam sale 5 years ago. It’s great to discover games but I find myself lacking the drive to finish them when there’s too many to choose from. A smaller library I have which I have personally curated is my go to.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Plus Essential has been great recently. Nabbed Crash 4 and Tony Hawks last year. There’s a lot of focus on Game Pass Ultimate vs Plus Extra however it’s Sony’s lowest tier that provides the best value for money by far.

SkylineRKR

My Premium runs out in 2 months and I think I stick with Extra. Its seriously good. I never extended GP because there is a shit ton to play on PS Plus Extra these days. You're missing out on PS3 gen games (which I never streamed on Premium anyway), PS2 and PS1 games as well but tbh I never have the time to play those.

Having said that, Essential is good too.

But I said this is another thread as well, the games i've actively played over the last few months were on neither service. Games like MW2, Ishin, GT7, Elden Ring. They are not on services day one or ever. The next one is going to be RE4, and I want to play Ragnarok and Dead Space R as well.

Last edited:

nikos

I haven't renewed since the new tiers were introduced last year and I had been a recurring member since day one, before it was even called PS+. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything but I game on PC 95% of the time.

Hmm... I could have bought a Series s and get gamepass for what it cost me to get Atomic Heart and Wo long on PS5. I am a little salty and think They have it better when it comes to subscriptions since those two were "free". I might go fox Xbox and gamepass depending on how Starfield turns out.

Last edited:

Unknown?

I haven't renewed since the new tiers were introduced last year and I had been a recurring member since day one, before it was even called PS+. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything but I game on PC 95% of the time.
Uh it was always called PS+, even on the PS3.

Kacho

I was going to make a thread earlier this week but figured it would devolve into console warring. Guess I’ll drop my thoughts here.

I subbed last weekend and I was floored by the selection available. It’s way more premium than Game Pass imo. Especially for someone not invested in their ecosystem. There’s just tons of little stuff not available on Xbox that I’m like, “yep, I’ll play that!” And I’m not talking about their first party content either which I couldn’t care less about.

I was going to make a thread earlier this week but figured it would devolve into console warring. Guess I’ll drop my thoughts here.

I subbed last weekend and I was floored by the selection available. It’s way more premium than Game Pass imo. Especially for someone not invested in their ecosystem. There’s just tons of little stuff notl available on Xbox that I’m like, “yep, I’ll play that!” And I’m not talking about their first party content either which I couldn’t care less about.
a7X7NWE.gif

Aenima

It has been amazing for me. I subed the PS+ Extra, during black friday for 1 year as a test trial for the service to see if i would be happy with the delivery, and by now i already got more than my money worth. Some of the games they added was actually games i had on my wishlist to buy.

I also love trying obscure games that i dont know and no one talks about, when they look kinda interesting to me. Did this with Disaster Report 4 and Car Mechanic Simulator, and loved both games.

Last edited:

Unknown?

This is a thread done after having a tantrum seeing to many topica praising gamepass…Two can play the sbacription game, right? You warriors are something…
I mean it has done pretty well lately, why is it warrior status if they are both good?

Could you also assume the gamepass threads are warrior status too? You can with your logic, they were just retaliation for Sony and Nintendo doing well. See, I can do it too!

Last edited:

nikos

Uh it was always called PS+, even on the PS3.

Sony's online component was just referred to as the PlayStation Network when the PS3 launched. PlayStation Qore launched in 2008 as an optional premium service, which I subscribed to. PlayStation Plus launched in 2010.

Unknown?

Sony's online component was just referred to as the PlayStation Network when the PS3 launched. PlayStation Qore launched in 2008 as an optional premium service, which I subscribed to. PlayStation Plus launched in 2010.
Oh I didn't consider Qore as a same service but I see what you mean now.

hemo memo

Gold Member
If there is anything that I regret purchasing that is not the ridiculously overpriced streaming platform for the local football league, it is PS+ 1 year subscription.

Bragr

Banned
It depends on what sort of gamer you are, if you are "active" and play a lot, the value is lower, there is a big difference between pushing older games and new games. 2 new games on Game Pass are worth 30 older games on PS plus. I rather take Wo Long on launch over all those games combined.

On PS Plus, they are dropping stuff that I have either already played or already moved past. It's still a great service with tons of games, but I need more fresh new stuff to get excited. A lot of these games are also the sort of games that gets pushed out for free on every damn service out there. I feel like these services are throwing Dragonball Fighterz and Life is Strange at me every month.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I've had essential for like 6 years and was mostly happy with it. Decided to let it expire finally in January. I just don't need two subs.

Extra looks like a great deal. I'd definitely consider trying it at some point if a few first party titles build up on it that I want to play. The subs pretty easily pay for themselves.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Extra looks like a great deal. I'd definitely consider trying it at some point if a few first party titles build up on it that I want to play. The subs pretty easily pay for themselves.

There's so many ways to get both subs at much cheaper than 'retail', it's always good to stock up around black friday for cheap PS+ or gold > GPU deals.

Anyone paying full monthly price for either can save a lot of money that way.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
It depends on what sort of gamer you are, if you are "active" and play a lot, the value is lower, there is a big difference between pushing older games and new games. 2 new games on Game Pass are worth 30 older games on PS plus. I rather take Wo Long on launch over all those games combined.

On PS Plus, they are dropping stuff that I have either already played or already moved past. It's still a great service with tons of games, but I need more fresh new stuff to get excited. A lot of these games are also the sort of games that gets pushed out for free on every damn service out there. I feel like these services are throwing Dragonball Fighterz and Life is Strange at me every month.
Not only that but the games hitting PS+ most likely got discounted to a ridiculously low price that it is better to just buy it and play it at your own pace rather than renting it. Example: Yakuza collection.

Mr Hyde

Canceled my PS Plus. I rarely play the games I've been given for "free" and I barely play any online multiplayer. The only online I engaged in was in Souls-games and Elden Ring. And I can live without that. The only thing I miss is cloud saves. And Extra and Premium doesn't do anything for me, except build up an even larger backlog, which creates more anxiety over not having enough time to play all the games. I barely have time to play the games I buy, let alone hundreds of games on subscription services.

hemo memo

Gold Member
It is weird to me that Sony doesn’t offer a medium/low budget 1st party releases day 1 for the service instead of paying other publishers to lock their games like Stray. This “Too big to fail” approach to gaming is dumb. You can’t compete with Gamepass and MS day 1 offers then start small with small titles. More of Gravity rush and Tearaway rather than more God of War and Horizon.

Last edited:

Ezekiel_

Banned
I feel like there's a value 'plateau' for these services. At some point, there's so many games, that the limiting factor becomes how much time you got to play, or what games you want to play.

Sony should get props for offering a lower end tier that's actually worth a damn, compared to their competitor.

Last edited:

Aenima

Sony should get props for offering a lower end tier that's actually worth a damn, compared to their competitor.
I was about to make a post about this. If thers anything i want to praise about PS+ is the fact Sony did not droped the value of they games ofereing for the lowest tier (essential). I was kinda expecting they would drop the value to push more ppl for the higher tiers, but they have been delivering pretty good games games in the essential tier as well.

That’s not a new thing. Some people stare at their steam library and just play their favorite games without touching stuff they bought at a steam sale 5 years ago. It’s great to discover games but I find myself lacking the drive to finish them when there’s too many to choose from. A smaller library I have which I have personally curated is my go to.
The curse is real. I frequently stare at my huge library and feel overwhelmed, and unable to decide a particular game to boot up. Many games go neglected for a couple years!

Top Bottom