• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can you share PS+ subscription with someone?

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
Today I share my xbox and psn catalog with my brother.

I did the trick where I made his xbox and playstation the primary console with my account, but then he logs in into his account, and it lets him play all the games I own. And I can just log on my own console at my house as well. I basically buy 1 game, we both can play it simultaneously

But with gamepass it goes further, my brother also has access to my gamepass catalog, without paying a cent, and while still using his account. I pay for it, he reaps the benefits.

So my question is, does PS+ work the same? I am curious if I get ps plus extra, with the 400+ catalog, if my brother will be able to have access to it as well

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Uhm. . .I'm pretty sure this all has to be on the same console. It sounds like this might not be the case with Microsoft (haven't had a MS console since the 360) or the way STEAM works (still can't believe they allow Library sharing).

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Uhm. . .I'm pretty sure this all has to be on the same console. It sounds like this might not be the case with Microsoft (haven't had a MS console since the 360) or the way STEAM works (still can't believe they allow Library sharing).
Nah youre wrong. Ive been sharing accounts since the ps3.

The way it works now you can play with the same license on up to 3 consoles at the same time for a cross gen game.

Primary ps4
Primary ps5
Secondary ps4/ps5

Sethbacca

Nah youre wrong. Ive been sharing accounts since the ps3.

The way it works now you can play with the same license on up to 3 consoles at the same time for a cross gen game.

Primary ps4
Primary ps5
Secondary ps4/ps5
This is correct, I have my PS5 as primary and my daughter setup as secondary. It's worked fine for years.

NeoGiffer

michael-caine-never.gif

Top Bottom