• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announced Capcom Fighting Collection and Street Fighter 6

SF6 Ryu has the same size and shape he had in SFIV and SFV, which is the same one he had in the 2d games.

The super muscular look with deformed proportions is designed to look good and to have a more readable silhouette with the gameplay battle camera perspective, not when looking him from the front. It also feels a bit more weird with a realistic look because we notice more that the characters are overmusculated, while in a cartoonish doesn't look that weird because we're used to see cartoonish characters with these proportions in stuff like Dragon Ball or similar animes and cartoonish games.
Don't worry. Everyone will act surprised when Chun has big hands and proportions just like every other mainline entry. Alex will release and a bunch of stupid "fixed" images will come out the woodworks because his legs are on backwards.

Life

Don't worry. Everyone will act surprised when Chun has big hands and proportions just like every other mainline entry. Alex will release and a bunch of stupid "fixed" images will come out the woodworks because his legs are on backwards.

SF5 ladies definitely look manly in some aspects, especially facial features. Going into 6 and judging by Ryu's model, I think they're gonna look even less feminine.

Last edited:

skneogaf

I wonder if the people that hate on street fighter 5 will hate on street fighte 6 as much.

Street fighter 5 is very good and I'll definitely still play it as much as I play the other past games.

With Darkstalkers and Warzard finally coming out, the last major Capcom retro fighters that are yet to be released for modern platforms are the Marvel ones, starting with X-Men: Children of the Atom.

Come on Capcom, you know you want my money.

Unk Adams

Banned
Sf6 logo is ugly, but Capcom fighting collection is worst!!! Really really lazy choice of elements and fonts.
Yeah, I miss when Capcom actually put an effort into the presentation of their collections. The games themselves are good but the cover, logo, and even the lazy name make it seem like some bootleg fan project rather than an actual professional retail game. Oh well.

Neff

With Darkstalkers and Warzard finally coming out, the last major Capcom retro fighters that are yet to be released for modern platforms are the Marvel ones, starting with X-Men: Children of the Atom.

Surprised they didn't do a Marvel compilation when they released MVCI

But yeah I'd be all over Switch versions of MSH and MVC

kyoji

Latest street fighter hate, is something that happens over and over, forever; a year into sf6 and people will start to say how much they miss sf5 and how much better it was and how sf6 is trash.
Happens EVERY single street fighter game released, im glad there are some people out there that realize this!! Its not hyperbole at all. Never fails.

The funny thing about it is the condescending attitude folks try and take as if their preffered SF game is superior and the new one is whack because of ‘reasons’. Mainly just that they havent successfully adapted to the new game or feel that they dont play as good so obviously the game sucks!

Last edited:
SF5 ladies definitely look manly in some aspects, especially facial features. Going into 6 and judging by Ryu's model, I think they're gonna look even less feminine.

Bro they're chiseled women with muscles, but they still look like women. Plus they got a lotta heft where it counts, where you'd want a woman who eats well and trains hard to have heft. They look pretty feminine to me 👍

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
$40 for Fighting Collection? Really? Must be that inflation I heard about on the teevee.

yurinka

$40 for Fighting Collection? Really? Must be that inflation I heard about on the teevee.
It includes several classic masterpieces, all with them with training, a huge gallery, ranked, casual or lobbies with rollback netcode. $40 is a steal.

It would be nice to get in a compilation:
  • The Punisher
  • Alien vs Predator
  • X-Men Children of the Atom
  • Marvel Super Heroes
  • X-Men vs Street Fighter
  • Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter
  • Marvel vs Capcom
  • Marvel vs Capcom 2

Last edited:

yurinka

This looks way better than in the trailer.... I really hope its the real design
In the trailer Ryu's body has exactly the same size and proportions Ryu has in SFV and SFIV, the ones needed to look in the gameplay camera and perspective like in the SF 2D games.

The SF 3D models are designed to watch them from the gameplay camera, not from the front.

streetfighter5-kolin.jpg

Kolin says, you are a shill... get it? Shill/Chill?... because she has ice powers?!...

What I want to say, is: Stop sucking Capcoms dick so hard. :)

Surprised they didn't do a Marvel compilation when they released MVCI

But yeah I'd be all over Switch versions of MSH and MVC

I don't think Capcom had the thought for that business strategy at the time. Plus MVCI had a whole host of issues shortly after release and Disney-Marvel probably wouldn't of been too happy giving them permission for that after fumbling with Infinite.

Starting to think titling names with "Infinite" is a curse, because they always seem to have a lot of problems after release. MVCI, Halo Infinite, etc. 😂

SUPARSTARX

It includes several classic masterpieces, all with them with training, a huge gallery, ranked, casual or lobbies with rollback netcode. $40 is a steal.

It would be nice to get in a compilation:
  • The Punisher
  • Alien vs Predator
  • X-Men Children of the Atom
  • Marvel Super Heroes
  • X-Men vs Street Fighter
  • Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter
  • Marvel vs Capcom
  • Marvel vs Capcom 2
I would LOVE most of these to be compiled with rollback for release.

I hope that SF6 logo is a placeholder and we get something nice in fiery red/yellow colors.

SSfox

I don't mind much the exaggerate look of Ryu, if they will make his body shape normal he may look too similar to a Mortal Kombat character, and you don't want that, not that Mortal Kombat isn't great, but Street Fighter won't have its uniqueness in artstyle no more.

Lethal01

Also I believe they went after the realistic looks due to Mortal Kombat. Mass market just want that graphics fidelity.
Arcane and Into the Spiderverse have higher graphical fidelity than any game in the next decade will be able to dream of though.

In the words of the Street Fighter Producer
unknown.png

Labolas

Happens EVERY single street fighter game released, im glad there are some people out there that realize this!! Its not hyperbole at all. Never fails.

The funny thing about it is the condescending attitude folks try and take as if their preffered SF game is superior and the new one is whack because of ‘reasons’. Mainly just that they havent successfully adapted to the new game or feel that they dont play as good so obviously the game sucks!
Because almost every new iteration of SF has changed something either in design or mechanically so of course there'll be bitching about it. It's the nature of the beast. And SF isn't the only fg that this has happens too exclusively. KOF, GG, MK games have experienced this as well. Hell, this isn't even something that is in fgs either.

001.png

30-capcom-shares-12-unused-versions-chun-lis-alpha-attire-street-fi.jpg

chun-li_interpol.jpg

Has anyone thought about what outfit designs returning characters could/should have for SF6? I thought of something for Chun-Li from these three designs:

-Full-body outfit like the center drawing in the second image, but with the signature design elements from the far-right drawing,​
as a shirt-like design under the jacket with some cleavage like in the first image​
-Jacket from the bottom image, but unzipped​
-Exposed thighs like the top image​
-Classic boots​
-Midsection belt with the center front dangling piece mimicking her classic outfit​
-Possible hairstyle like the far-right drawing of the second image​
That's one idea for a character. Anyone got others?

SSfox

001.png

30-capcom-shares-12-unused-versions-chun-lis-alpha-attire-street-fi.jpg

chun-li_interpol.jpg

Has anyone thought about what outfit designs returning characters could/should have for SF6? I thought of something for Chun-Li from these three designs:

-Full-body outfit like the center drawing in the second image, but with the signature design elements from the far-right drawing,​
as a shirt-like design under the jacket with some cleavage like in the first image​
-Jacket from the bottom image, but unzipped​
-Exposed thighs like the top image​
-Classic boots​
-Midsection belt with the center front dangling piece mimicking her classic outfit​
-Possible hairstyle like the far-right drawing of the second image​
That's one idea for a character. Anyone got others?
Since Ryu new outfit is his battle outfit, so maybe it will be same for Chun that will have her SFV battle outfit as default for SF6.

Figured out why the logo is so drastically different from previous Street Fighter games and it has nothing to do with NFTs.
It's "conspiracy"-related (truth hidden in plain sight), like when they introduced the Illuminati in SF3 headed by Gill who's basically Lucifer and leads his followers into a new world order.

The chemical symbol for Sulfur hexaflouride is:

43720101cx.png

Top Bottom